Author Topic: Nearly 800 Former EPA Staffers Sign Letter Opposing Scott Pruitt  (Read 2617 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Nearly 800 Former EPA Staffers Sign Letter Opposing Scott Pruitt
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:29 am »
Exactly what do you mean?  He most decidedly does NOT have the power to order "everybody" around, like Congress, Judicial, the press, or citizens....

And yet that is how he behaves.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 02:44:21 am »
I dealt with these pukes at EPA professionally for over 30 years.

Believe me, if these pencil d__k's are against this nomination in these numbers......  Its a damn good choice by Trump.

The TRUTH.

Environmental Rules and regulations, together with the bureaucracy are proof of how way a good goal, in the hands of an unlimited government, gain power, cost and momentum far beyond the original intent.

We don't repair the dams in California. We designate puddles on peoples farms and ranches as "wetlands," so as to regulate them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 02:57:19 am »
The TRUTH.

Environmental Rules and regulations, together with the bureaucracy are proof of how way a good goal, in the hands of an unlimited government, gain power, cost and momentum far beyond the original intent.

We don't repair the dams in California. We designate puddles on peoples farms and ranches as "wetlands," so as to regulate them.

Well to be fair you also preserve baitfish to someday stock the puddles with. So there's that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 05:25:09 am »
Well to be fair you also preserve baitfish to someday stock the puddles with. So there's that.
Yeah. great. Endangered baitfish living in "intermittent wetlands". Oh well, cats aren't just to keep the mice out of the barn.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:55 pm »
Yeah. great. Endangered baitfish living in "intermittent wetlands". Oh well, cats aren't just to keep the mice out of the barn.
In our locale, environmentalists carried the day and our degraded coastal wetlands were "restored."

The process deprived coyotes of their food sources, so the coyotes adapted and moved into the nearby residential neighborhoods, and made pet cats their new food source.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 07:46:18 pm »
In our locale, environmentalists carried the day and our degraded coastal wetlands were "restored."

The process deprived coyotes of their food sources, so the coyotes adapted and moved into the nearby residential neighborhoods, and made pet cats their new food source.
Out here, one man's 'intermittent wetland' is known to normal folks as a 'mudhole' or 'puddle'. For some reason, I can see the USFWS stocking that with endangered fingerlings and then holding the landowner responsible when it dried up.

The ACoE killed the tidewater estuary I lived on in the '60s, and as long as it is 'preserved', it will stay that way. Snakeheads are pretty much finishing off the last of the fishery.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 09:23:29 pm »
And yet that is how he behaves.
Not much of an answer after such an authoritative statement you had made.

Perhaps you went a bit too far??
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline r9etb

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 01:53:45 am »
Not much of an answer after such an authoritative statement you had made.

Perhaps you went a bit too far??

Or perhaps you're just blind.