Author Topic: Trump: Of course I condemn anti-Semitism  (Read 674 times)

Offline endicom

Trump: Of course I condemn anti-Semitism
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:45:28 pm »
Hot Air
EdMorrissey
Feb. 21, 2017

“We have to have a safe country,” Donald Trump told MSNBC’s Craig Melvin at the National Museum of African American History while answering the third question in a week about hate crimes aimed at Jews in America. “It’s age-old,” Trump says, “there’s just something going on that doesn’t allow it to fully heal.” More broadly on bigotry and racism, Trump praised the museum for its work, and most of all its success:

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/21/trump-of-course-i-condemn-anti-semitism/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump: Of course I condemn anti-Semitism
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:46:08 pm »
 :patriot:

Good job Trump!

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:46:51 pm »
Anti-Semitic acts are on the rise or the reporting of same is on the rise? You know, cuz Trump.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 04:42:59 pm »
Anti-Semitic acts are on the rise or the reporting of same is on the rise? You know, cuz Trump.

Anti-Semitic Incidents on American College Campuses Nearly Doubled
http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/anti-semitism-usa/2015-audit-anti-semitic-incidents.html

June 22, 2016 … The number of violent anti-Semitic assaults taking place in the United States rose dramatically last year, contributing to a three (3) percent rise in the total number of anti-Jewish incidents reported in 2015, according to new data from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

ADL’s annual Audit of Anti-Semitic Incidents, issued today, recorded a total of 941 incidents in the U.S. in 2015, an increase of about 3 percent from the 912 incidents recorded in 2014.

Fifty-six incidents were assaults, the most violent anti-Semitic category – representing a more than 50 percent rise from the 36 assaults reported in 2014.

Another troubling finding: anti-Semitic incidents at colleges and universities nearly doubled last year. A total of 90 incidents were reported on 60 college campuses in 2015, compared with 47 incidents on 43 campuses in 2014.

Campus anti-Semitic incidents accounted for 10 percent of the total incidents reported in the U.S. in 2015.

“We are disturbed that violent anti-Semitic incidents are rising,” said Jonathan A. Greenblatt, ADL CEO. “And we know that for every incident reported, there’s likely another that goes unreported. So even as the total incidents have remained statistically steady from year to year, the trend toward anti-Semitic violence is very concerning.”

Overall, anti-Semitic incident totals in the U.S. are historically low, according to ADL, which has been keeping track of anti-Semitic incidents since 1979.  During the last decade, the number of reported anti-Semitic incidents peaked at 1,554 in 2006 and has been mostly on the decline ever since.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:53:12 pm »
Very well done indeed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:13:59 pm »
Of course he waited until after the election, but better late than never!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:37 pm »
I'm waiting to see if that anti-Semitic nut from the Twin Cites, Ellison, gets promoted to chair the DNC.  Then I want to hear all the concerned libs whine about anti-Semitism.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 02:40:16 pm »
Nothing will happen.

Ellison is a Lib. Libs can't be anti anything, apparently they are "woke."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 05:25:41 pm »
Nothing will happen.

Ellison is a Lib. Libs can't be anti anything, apparently they are "woke."
That word "woke" is another one of those recent lib words that irritate me mightily.  "Intersectionality" is another one. You can scarcely hear a lib start yapping before they're screeching out "woke" and "intersectionality."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 05:31:41 pm »
I despise it. It isn't even good english.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
A side issue I looked up is a spat with the Ann Frank Center (looks to largely be based in the Netherlands to me) who said basically "too late". I find this politically motivated.  They are puppets for the left as far as I'm concerned.
Anne Frank Center director clashes with Trump surrogate on CNN

The director of the Anne Frank Center, Steven Goldstein, on Tuesday got into a fiery exchange with CNN commentator Kayleigh McEnany over President Trump’s recent remarks denouncing anti- Semitism.

More: http://www.thehill.com/homenews/administration/320648-anne-frank-center-director-clashes-with-trump-surrogate-on-cnn