Author Topic: Ryan: 'We are exactly on track'  (Read 385 times)

Offline corbe

Ryan: 'We are exactly on track'
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:00:05 am »
Ryan: 'We are exactly on track'

By Mark Hensch - 02/16/17 07:59 PM EST 

Speaker Paul Ryan(R-Wis.) says President Trump and GOP lawmakers in Congress are "exactly on track" to accomplish their agenda for Trump's first 200 days in office.

“We’re working on the same plan,” Ryan said during an interview airing Thursday evening on Fox News' "Hannity."

"What I did during the transition with my counterpart in the Senate, [Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell [R-Ky.], is we put together a 200-day plan for the president to get this agenda that we all have agreed on, through the system. And we are exactly on track and on our timeline with our agenda," Ryan said.

The GOP leader's comments came hours after Trump helmed a sprawling press conference at the White House where he slammed media coverage of several controversies surrounding his administration and dismissed reports of turmoil.

Trump insisted that his administration was "running like a fine-tuned machine" and called last month's rocky rollout of his travel ban executive order "perfect." Trump also defended his decision Monday to fire his national security adviser Michael Flynn after reports that Flynn misled senior White House officials about a phone call with Russia's ambassador.

Despite the media spectacle, Ryan argued that Trump has been refreshing to conservatives who could not accomplish their goals under former President Barack Obama

“He likes getting stuff done and I love that about him," Ryan said.

"We’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Those of who have been conservatives pent up here fighting the Obama administration, the progressive left, he is a conservative and he is ready to take on these challenges, so that is what I’m excited about. He moves so fast that people are scrambling to catch up.”

Ryan said the GOP is not rethinking its pledge to repeal and replace ObamaCare, adding Trump’s new Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price will help them tackle the healthcare law.

“The plan … is repeal and replace this law like we said. We ran on a plan to repeal and replace. Tom Price helped write that plan. He is now Donald Trump’s secretary of Health.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/320037-ryan-gop-trump-are-exactly-on-track
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Ryan: 'We are exactly on track'
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:05:36 am »
   Is this a derivative of an oxymoron?

Trump insisted that his administration was "running like a fine-tuned machine" and called last month's rocky rollout of his travel ban executive order "perfect." Trump also defended his decision Monday to fire his national security adviser Michael Flynn after reports that Flynn misled senior White House officials about a phone call with Russia's ambassador.

This one floored me.

Those of who have been conservatives pent up here fighting the Obama administration, the progressive left, he is a conservative **nononono*

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.