Author Topic: North Korean leader’s half-brother killed by poison in Malaysia, reports claim  (Read 1060 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
North Korean leader’s half-brother killed by poison in Malaysia, reports claim
 By Anna Fifield February 14 at 7:31 AM

TOKYO — The older half brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been killed in Malaysia by two female agents with “poison needles,” South Korean media outlets reported Tuesday.

The reports — which could not be immediately be verified — said Kim’s half-brother Kim Jong Nam was attacked at Kuala Lumpur airport Monday night by two women who fled the scene, according to accounts by South Korea’s TV Chosun, a cable channel.

He died on the way to hospital, it said, citing an unidentified government source. South Korea’s state-run Yonhap News Agency reported similar details.

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/north-korean-leaders-half-brother-killed-by-poison-in-malaysia-reports-claim/2017/02/14/7324f8c6-f2af-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.1381c554be79

http://www.voanews.com/a/source-says-north-korean-leaders-half-brother-killed-in-malaysia/3723755.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:05:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

I hope we can find out more about this "half-brother".  Apparently, he has been living in Exile.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38971655

He was probably seen as a threat to his brother's seat of power.  He may well have been a reasonable person.

Still, this would seem to show how crazy Kim Jong is, to have likely have done this; and in this manner, female assassins with needles, hypodermic, blow gun or whatever. Killing one's own "half" brother.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'll say this for Little Kim - he's consistent.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

Offline mountaineer

Inside the wild life of Kim Jong Un’s playboy brother
By Jamie Schram
February 15, 2017 | 10:47am
The banished playboy son of late North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il — who lost his shot at becoming despot by being even nuttier than his half-brother, Kim Jong Un — was murdered by two female assassins toting a toxic poison in the middle of a Malaysian airport Monday.

The 007-worthy slaying was a fitting end for Kim Jong Nam, who had been exiled to China after committing a series of widely publicized missteps that embarrassed his dear old dictator dad.

Half-sibling Jong Un would replace him as next in line to become the country’s dictator, taking over when their father died in 2011.

But if Jong Un is now infamous for his wacky antics, he had nothing on his half-brother, a jovial baby-faced pleasure-seeker with a penchant for women, gambling and newsboy caps.

Jong Nam’s princely but troubled life ended Monday morning when the 45-year-old playboy was killed by two hitwomen wielding a toxic spray in the middle of bustling Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

The killers made a beeline for Jong Nam as he waited for a flight to Macau, China, and squirted a toxic plume in his face, according to media reports.

The women then dashed out of the terminal and jumped into a taxi, which sped away. ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

Nuttier may not mean more dangerous.

Yes, there are leads on him that make him a bit of a playboy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:45:01 pm by TomSea »

geronl

Can't have anyone around who might threaten the King's position.

I think he has a sister too, she might have to disappear too.

Offline Rivergirl

Won't forget that DT stated that he admired Kim Jung In for murdering his own relatives.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Can't have anyone around who might threaten the King's position.

I think he has a sister too, she might have to disappear too.

She runs the AgitProp department.

geronl

Won't forget that DT stated that he admired Kim Jung In for murdering his own relatives.

In the really old days, killing off your relatives when you gained power was quite common over there.

geronl

She runs the AgitProp department.

Remember he also got rid of an uncle not that long ago

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
True.

I do think she's relatively safe (excuse the pun) since she's in charge of his godhood, effectively.