Author Topic: Donald camp's 'hotline to Moscow': Explosive phone records and intercepted calls show 'Trump aides and campaign staff repeatedly contacted Russian intelligence officers in the year before the election'... and candidate WAS briefed  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Idiot

With Republicans like McCain conviction is likely. The House is much more conservative than the Senate so getting the house to vote to impeach is less likely then getting a conviction in the Senate.
Moderator....
Please reset the Trump impeachment clock from 1 year to 11 months.

Thank you.........
@jpsb
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:34:37 pm by mrpotatohead »

Oceander

Impeaching is one thing.   Conviction is another.  See William Jefferson Clinton.   :laugh:

Exactly.  Trying to impeach Trump would be a colossal waste of time and political capital. 

Offline Idiot

Exactly.  Trying to impeach Trump would be a colossal waste of time and political capital.
I disagree.......  I think an impeachment trial would render Trump impotent, whether he was impeached or not.  Remember...this is not Clinton...the media already hates Trump and half of the republicans are in total agreement with the media.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I disagree.......  I think an impeachment trial would render Trump impotent, whether he was impeached or not.  Remember...this is not Clinton...the media already hates Trump and half of the republicans are in total agreement with the media.

And plays right into the Obama/Soros gameplan!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Impeaching is one thing.   Conviction is another.  See William Jefferson Clinton.   :laugh:

Agree with this.

Let's cut out the impeachment talk. Unless Trump commits a crime, it ain't happening.

Offline Idiot

Agree with this.

Let's cut out the impeachment talk. Unless Trump commits a crime, it ain't happening.
According to the media and dems...it was a CRIME Trump was elected....lol.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline jpsb

Agree with this.

You are very wrong, already House Democrats and Senate Republicans are demanding an investigation into "What did the President know and when did he know it" regarding Mike Flynn's call to the Russian Ambassador. Please note the Mike Flynn did absolutely nothing wrong by calling the ambassador. If a crime is needed to impeach Trump a crime will be manufactured just as it was to get rid of Flynn.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You are very wrong, already House Democrats and Senate Republicans are demanding an investigation into "What did the President know and when did he know it" regarding Mike Flynn's call to the Russian Ambassador. Please note the Mike Flynn did absolutely nothing wrong by calling the ambassador. If a crime is needed to impeach Trump a crime will be manufactured just as it was to get rid of Flynn.

I... I...

Offline jpsb

Why? That is the game plan from Nov 9. Wake up.

Absolutely correct, impeachment is the Rats, neocons and nevertrumpers backup plan to over turn the election results. Watch as the fake news, leaks, protest and outrage continued unabated. Regime change is in the air. Impeachment is a popular topic with the left at the moment.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Please note the Mike Flynn did absolutely nothing wrong by calling the ambassador.

That's not the point.  He apparently lied about the substance of his conversations to Pence,  who repeated the lie to the American public.   If transcripts of those conversations exist, as apparently they do,  Flynn's position became untenable because he had become a target of potential blackmail.   

Of course, the trouble for Trump is just beginning,  because now the issue has been raised directly about Trump's and his campaign's ties to the Russians.   If the Trump campaign, for example, assisted the Russians in hacking the DNC e-mails, the Trump Presidency is toast.   And now the clamor will be irresistible to get to the bottom of those alleged ties, come what may.  And it will be bi-partisan clamor. 

That's why my bottom line is the GOP needs to protect Pence.  It is time to start planning for the denouement.   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:49:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Agree with this.

All one has to do is look at the political map across the nation.

Democrats control only 5.

The ONLY thing that could revive this horror show of the Democrat Party is pissing off the American voters who voted for him....and those that have had a sort of epiphany since.   :laugh:

NO Republican will vote to convict.   Not with the economy and small business thriving.   And ISIS dying.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:55:17 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”