Author Topic: DRUDGE:America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn.  (Read 1140 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
DRUDGE:America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn.
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:30:09 am »
America's spies anonymously took down
Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.

Damon Linker

The United States is much better off without Michael Flynn serving as national security adviser. But no one should be cheering the way he was brought down.

The whole episode is evidence of the precipitous and ongoing collapse of America's democratic institutions — not a sign of their resiliency. Flynn's ouster was a soft coup (or political assassination) engineered by anonymous intelligence community bureaucrats. The results might be salutary, but this isn't the way a liberal democracy is supposed to function.

Unelected intelligence analysts work for the president, not the other way around. Far too many Trump critics appear not to care that these intelligence agents leaked highly sensitive information to the press — mostly because Trump critics are pleased with the result. "Finally," they say, "someone took a stand to expose collusion between the Russians and a senior aide to the president!"

It is indeed important that someone took such a stand. But it matters greatly who that someone is and how they take their stand. Members of the unelected, unaccountable intelligence community are not the right someone, especially when they target a senior aide to the president by leaking anonymously to newspapers the content of classified phone intercepts, where the unverified, unsubstantiated information can inflict politically fatal damage almost instantaneously.

more at:

http://theweek.com/articles/680068/americas-spies-anonymously-took-down-michael-flynn-that-deeply-worrying
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: DRUDGE:America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:32:41 am »
@mystery-ak

sorry...didn't see that you already posted this.

I couldn't delete it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:37:40 am »
@DCPatriot

I posted under world news, this article of how Tony Blair was allegedly wire-tapped.

It goes with the territory with these people, no one should have known this better than Flynn, he was already under scrutiny.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 03:51:43 am »
@DCPatriot

I posted under world news, this article of how Tony Blair was allegedly wire-tapped.

It goes with the territory with these people, no one should have known this better than Flynn, he was already under scrutiny.

Under scrutiny my arse.

The Obama White House had him tapped from the moment his name was bantered for the position.  Before Thanksgiving?

Doesn't matter what the conversation entailed. 

He's a private citizen being bugged by the federal government who passes 'fatal' information to the media.

Somebody should check the sea level at Barack Obama's Kalorama compound.   It's got to be pretty high.  At least as high as the Russian Embassy in Georgetown, DC.    :laugh:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 04:08:41 am »
Under scrutiny my arse.

The Obama White House had him tapped from the moment his name was bantered for the position.  Before Thanksgiving?

He's a private citizen being bugged by the federal government who passes 'fatal' information to the media.

Somebody should check the sea level at Barack Obama's Kalorama compound.   It's got to be pretty high.  At least as high as the Russian Embassy in Georgetown, DC.    :laugh:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/17/turkish-client-paid-trump-adviser-michael-flynns-company-tens-of-thousands-of-dollars-for-lobbying/

Flynn's company lobbied for Turkey and I guess everyone has seen pictures of Flynn at the same table as Putin, Yes, those things are going to draw attention.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:10:28 am »
Our ally Turkey is in crisis and needs our support
By Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn (R), contributor - 11/08/16 05:46 PM EST

It is fair to say that most Americans don’t know exactly what to make of our ally Turkey these days, as it endures a prolonged political crisis that challenges its long-term stability. The U.S. media is doing a bang-up job of reporting the Erdoğan government’s crackdown on dissidents, but it’s not putting it into perspective.

We must begin with understanding that Turkey is vital to U.S. interests. Turkey is really our strongest ally against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), as well as a source of stability in the region. It provides badly needed cooperation with U.S. military operations. But the Obama administration is keeping Erdoğan’s government at arm’s length — an unwise policy that threatens our long-standing alliance.

More: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/305021-our-ally-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support

This is a bit of the kinds of things I question per Flynn.  Of course, this is up to the experts but Turkey has been going in a troublesome direction under Erdogan.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:19:34 am by TomSea »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 04:24:32 am »
This is a bit of the kinds of things I question per Flynn.  Of course, this is up to the experts but Turkey has been going in a troublesome direction under Erdogan.

It was the Turkish Ambassador that met with Ambassador Stevens earlier for dinner that fateful night in Benghazi.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 04:40:52 am »
It was the Turkish Ambassador that met with Ambassador Stevens earlier for dinner that fateful night in Benghazi.

If they bug Tony Blair, our ally, this tells me they can bug anyone. When I said scrutiny, I probably meant he should have been aware and perhaps more cautious.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 06:31:59 am »
Under scrutiny my arse.

The media makes it sounds like authorized taps of Russia did Flynn in, but you and I know Obama and the rats are responsible for Trump picking a life long rat National Security Advisor, and the naivety that Flynn didn't even consider the possibility his phone was taped just makes him more endearing.

That is a branch too far for me, my friend, but I admire your zeal.

Yes! Let us excuse a secret deal with the Russians...like all real Americans.  If we're going to be on the wrong side of history, we might as well be indignant about it.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 08:20:59 am »
Of all the news stories pouring out of Washington D.C. this is definitely one of the most troubling.  I really, really hope this ends up being much to do about nothing.  But given the track record of the CIA my hunch is this won't end well.  And it has the potential to go in all sorts of nasty directions, such as:

[1] Subversive acts

[2] Shadow government

[3] Black budgets

For the time being I'll hope for the best and wait for further developments.  I just wish my gut didn't tell me it's like watching a fuse burn closer and closer to the gunpowder keg.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 11:50:57 am »
I'm intrigued with how they forced him to lie to the VP...  :whistle: