Author Topic: Donald camp's 'hotline to Moscow': Explosive phone records and intercepted calls show 'Trump aides and campaign staff repeatedly contacted Russian intelligence officers in the year before the election'... and candidate WAS briefed  (Read 3298 times)

geronl

Offline jpsb

Sure, he was wrong to lie to the VP.  However, I'm not so sure that Pence didn't know that there was a storm brewing a long time ago.

He did not lie to the VP.

geronl

remember that Trump was going to allow those expelled Russian spies back, probably give them offices in foggy bottom too

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It is amazing how many people simply do not care if Flynn, Trump and others are in thrall to Putin.

Perhaps it's the Bammy administration that is/was cozy with Putin. Trump may be singing a different tune with him and the MSM/DEMS are now reporting what the left has been doing all along.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:29:14 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
It is amazing how many people simply do not care if Flynn, Trump and others are in thrall to Putin.

What is amazing is how many people are still stuck fighting the Cold War.

Offline skeeter

If it is determined thats so then I certainly would care.

On the other hand, would you care if there is no illegality here and this is just a strategy to virtually reverse outcome of the election?

Seems like you care only that your point of view is validated.

Offline andy58-in-nh

There are so many fascinating and troubling things going on here that one hardly knows where to begin.

I am troubled, but not surprised that Russian intelligence agents were in communication with Trump's campaign officials, and that their intention was to influence the outcome of the election in favor of the candidate that their boss, Vladimir Putin, favored. Whether they had any noticeable impact in doing so remains highly doubtful.

I am troubled, but not surprised that American bureaucratic officials within the Deep State are now openly leaking sensitive intelligence information to friendly news sources and to Democrats in Congress in a clearly coordinated effort to discredit and damage the Trump Administration only three weeks into its life, promoting what amounts in effect to a soft coup d'étât

I am troubled, but not surprised that the New York Times and other left-leaning news media are breathlessly transmitting this information to the public without context or qualification, nor any consideration that it might be helpful also to the intelligence services of America's adversaries in compromising our capabilities.

I am troubled, but not surprised that Trump and his closest advisors cannot comprehend that Russia is a threat to American political, commercial and military interests, apparently because those advisors share the nationalist zeal of the Moscow-based oligarchy. In truth, they have a solemn duty to our citizens to actually put "American first" rather than just use it as a slogan to rally the rabble.   

A cluster**** of enormous magnitude is unfolding before our eyes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:02:56 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jpsb

That's not particularly fair.

People are free to believe or not believe whatever they want. I was just asking a question. There are a lot of folks that believe the NYT article, I don't, but believing it does not make you a bad person, just as not believing it does not make you a good person. So I don't see what fair has to do with anything I've said.

Offline jpsb

remember that Trump was going to allow those expelled Russian spies back, probably give them offices in foggy bottom too

It is amazing how many people want to go to war with a nation that has thousands and thousands of nuclear weapons and the ability to put them any where they want.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:00:25 pm by jpsb »

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Who authorized the wiretaps on private citizens? Who gave the product of the taps to Sally Yates?

ANY communication that leaves our borders and communicates with a foreign power is automatically authorized for interception without a warrant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Act

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I hope all this comes out!

Me too.  People need to open their eyes unless you want Russia running our country.  This is not a tinfoil hat subject.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It is amazing how many people want to go to war with a nation that has thousands and thousands of nuclear weapons and the ability to put them any where they want.

I generally agree with Trump's desire to deal realistically with the Russians.  I could support a lifting of sanctions if we were to get something substantive in return.   But that doesn't excuse what Flynn did,  or obviate the need to find out just who ordered Flynn to discuss the lifting of sanctions before Trump was inaugurated.   We have one President at a time, folks.   

Ironically, Trump's behavior,  be it incompetency or mendacity,  is making it practically impossible for a reset in relations with Russia to take place.   The Dems are latching on to the opportunity they've been given to come on like neo-cold warriors, even as they're likely to oppose Trump's agenda to rebuild our arsenals.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Seems to me that what's happened here is that the Russians hacked Hillary's server and finding Barack's alias email accounts, etc., they were actively filling in the Trump Team on what they discovered.

It's no different than Obama meddling in Israel's election in an effort to beat Netanyahu.

:shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

Bull this is an organized effort to over turn the election results, a coup de ta, someone is trying to do regime change right here in the USA.

Baloney.  If anything happens to Trump Pence becomes President.  This is all Trumps own doing.  I believe he knew about Flynn from the beginning.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Seems to me that what's happened here is that the Russians hacked Hillary's server and finding Barack's alias email accounts, etc., they were actively filling in the Trump Team on what they discovered.

It's no different than Obama meddling in Israel's election in an effort to beat Netanyahu.

:shrug:

It's beginning to look like Obama and Soros had a contingency plan in place should ANY republican manage to defeat Hillary. But what do I know about anything?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

It's beginning to look like Obama and Soros had a contingency plan in place should ANY republican manage to defeat Hillary. But what do I know about anything?

A good fiction writer could have a blast with the many different takes.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Baloney.  If anything happens to Trump Pence becomes President.  This is all Trumps own doing.  I believe he knew about Flynn from the beginning.

I'm sorry to say that you appear to be WAY out of your depth here.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm sorry to say that you appear to be WAY out of your depth here.

How so?  I have openly admitted to not being a politician.  Thank God!  But we do have a VP and if a President is impeached the VP becomes President.  Right?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:08:43 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
How so?  I have openly admitted to not being a politician.  Thank God!  But we do have a VP and if a President is impeached the VP becomes President.  Right?

Not trying to be disrespectful at all but it appears that you don't have much depth of knowledge as to how things really work in our government.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Impeaching is one thing.   Conviction is another.  See William Jefferson Clinton.   :laugh:

Offline jpsb

I generally agree with Trump's desire to deal realistically with the Russians.  I could support a lifting of sanctions if we were to get something substantive in return.   But that doesn't excuse what Flynn did,  or obviate the need to find out just who ordered Flynn to discuss the lifting of sanctions before Trump was inaugurated.   We have one President at a time, folks.   

Ironically, Trump's behavior,  be it incompetency or mendacity,  is making it practically impossible for a reset in relations with Russia to take place.   The Dems are latching on to the opportunity they've been given to come on like neo-cold warriors, even as they're likely to oppose Trump's agenda to rebuild our arsenals.     

Flynn did nothing wrong, we have been over and over this, he did not lie to the VP. This whole thing is a political hit job.

Offline jpsb

@Chosen Daughter

We elected Trump because we liked the policies Trump said he would do.

Build the wall, secure the border, enforce existing immigration laws, repeal Obama Care, reform taxes, stop fighting stupid nation building wars, cut spending, cut regulations, renegotiate bad trade deals, etc.

Should the neocons, Rats and nevertrumpers succeed in taking out Trump all the things I listed above will go down the drain. Oh sure there will be something put on for show maybe a few more miles of border wall. But the reality will be that the Trump agenda is dead and it back to business as usual under President Pence.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:31:26 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

Impeaching is one thing.   Conviction is another.  See William Jefferson Clinton.   :laugh:

With Republicans like McCain conviction is likely. The House is much more conservative than the Senate so getting the house to vote to impeach is less likely then getting a conviction in the Senate.