Author Topic: Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn  (Read 1358 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/former-obama-officials-loyalists-waged-campaign-oust-flynn/

The abrupt resignation Monday evening of White House national security adviser Michael Flynn is the culmination of a secret, months-long campaign by former Obama administration confidantes to handicap President Donald Trump's national security apparatus and preserve the nuclear deal with Iran, according to multiple sources in and out of the White House who described to the Washington Free Beacon a behind-the-scenes effort by these officials to plant a series of damaging stories about Flynn in the national media.

The effort, said to include former Obama administration adviser Ben Rhodes—the architect of a separate White House effort to create what he described as a pro-Iran echo chamber—included a small task force of Obama loyalists who deluged media outlets with stories aimed at eroding Flynn's credibility, multiple sources revealed.

The operation primarily focused on discrediting Flynn, an opponent of the Iran nuclear deal, in order to handicap the Trump administration's efforts to disclose secret details of the nuclear deal with Iran that had been long hidden by the Obama administration.

Insiders familiar with the anti-Flynn campaign told the Free Beacon that these Obama loyalists plotted in the months before Trump's inauguration to establish a set of roadblocks before Trump's national security team, which includes several prominent opponents of diplomacy with Iran. The Free Beacon first reported on this effort in January.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:50:33 pm »
The Benghazi liar strikes again.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:52:27 pm »
It's more than clear to me that there was a concerted effort from the inside to take Flynn down but I seriously doubt that only former Obama officials were solely responsible.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:02:20 pm »
It's more than clear to me that there was a concerted effort from the inside to take Flynn down but I seriously doubt that only former Obama officials were solely responsible.

But what inside? This article asserts that Flynn was going to spill on the Iran deal.

Who gains and who loses on that deal?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:12:21 pm »
But what inside? This article asserts that Flynn was going to spill on the Iran deal.

Who gains and who loses on that deal?

IMHO there are more things than just the Iran deal in play here.

The inside the beltway swamp dwellers of both partys  are intent on keeping the swamp as it is.  Any vehicle that lends itself toward that will be instantly seized upon. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:54 pm »
The tricky part was getting Flynn to admit and apologize.

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:39 pm »
I don't doubt this for a bit.  I've felt it was a setup from the beginning.  Trump should have held tight, imo.  Rs have got to learn to stop caving to these people!

Offline anubias

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:31 pm »
Another thread on this as well.  It's discouraging.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:57 pm »
And now that there is blood in the water it's game on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:37 pm »
I don't doubt this for a bit.  I've felt it was a setup from the beginning.  Trump should have held tight, imo.  Rs have got to learn to stop caving to these people!

Agree. At the very least to keep the left and GOPe distracted while the administration gets something done.

All this resignation did was free them up to go after another target. Which they will immediately set about doing. There will be no end now and Trump will be hog tied from the get go.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:27 pm »
Another thread on this as well.  It's discouraging.

Well, had America votes in principled people to congresss over the past couple decades like actual conservatives pushed for, it wouldn't be a problem. But since the lesser evils got their way and packed the house and Senate with RINOs and 'lesser evils' who exactly is to blame when they act like the liberals they are?

The people that empowered them. Because there is no point in blaming a dog for being a dog.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:33 pm »
Agree. At the very least to keep the left and GOPe distracted while the administration gets something done.

All this resignation did was free them up to go after another target. Which they will immediately set about doing. There will be no end now and Trump will be hog tied from the get go.

The next target will be Kellyann, the fake news has already begun.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:09 pm »
And why were the Obama loyalists still employed after Inauguration Day in the first place? Hmm?

This is kabuki.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 10:11:58 pm »
And why were the Obama loyalists still employed after Inauguration Day in the first place? Hmm?

This is kabuki.

Shame on you for noticing!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 10:12:46 pm »

Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn
Sources: Former Obama officials, loyalists planted series of stories to discredit Flynn, bolster Iran deal

BY: Adam Kredo   
February 14, 2017 3:26 pm

The abrupt resignation Monday evening of White House national security adviser Michael Flynn is the culmination of a secret, months-long campaign by former Obama administration confidantes to handicap President Donald Trump's national security apparatus and preserve the nuclear deal with Iran, according to multiple sources in and out of the White House who described to the Washington Free Beacon a behind-the-scenes effort by these officials to plant a series of damaging stories about Flynn in the national media.

The effort, said to include former Obama administration adviser Ben Rhodes—the architect of a separate White House effort to create what he described as a pro-Iran echo chamber—included a small task force of Obama loyalists who deluged media outlets with stories aimed at eroding Flynn's credibility, multiple sources revealed.

more
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/former-obama-officials-loyalists-waged-campaign-oust-flynn/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 10:14:02 pm »
I don't buy this. Flynn is a loose cannon. He was peddling the Pizzagate nonsense and beyond that I don;t think Donny would have ejected him if this sanctions episode wasn't a lot worse than we know.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:34 pm »

This is kabuki.

There are career people in DOJ, State and the various intel three letter agencies. They do not go away with a newadministration.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:44:33 pm »
There are career people in DOJ, State and the various intel three letter agencies. They do not go away with a newadministration.

Thus 'the swamp'.

they should go. At least the true believer types that are political appointments.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 12:04:17 am »
Then how was Obama able to put them in there?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024