Author Topic: Calls mount for Trump administration to label Muslim Brotherhood 'terrorist organization'  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Calls mount for Trump administration to label Muslim Brotherhood 'terrorist organization'
Fox News, Feb 3, 2017,  Maxim Lott

The Trump administration could soon declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, a move that would greatly restrict the controversial group’s global reach and would come despite its insistence that it has peaceful intentions.

Trump himself was often critical of President Obama’s outreach to the Muslim Brotherhood, and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has proposed a bill to call for declaring the Brotherhood a terror organization. In the past, it has been accused of supporting terrorist groups around the world, and several countries, including Muslim nations, have banned them.

If the U.S. declares the Brotherhood a terrorist organization, it would make it a criminal act for Americans to fund the group, ban banks from processing money for it, bar people with ties to the group from coming to the United States and make it easier to deport immigrants who have worked with the organization.

“It is time to call this enemy by its name and speak with clarity and moral authority,” Cruz said in a statement introducing the bill.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/calls-mount-for-trump-administration-to-label-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-organization.html

Offline Norm Lenhart

That one act would do wonders for increasing my trust level in Trump going forward. If he does do that, he's not playing around and there will be an immediate shitstorm.

Which I'm fine with. It's a storm long overdue.

Offline flowers

The first few weeks of obama regime he took MB or CAIR off terror list. Hope President Trump does this.  @Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

Cruz once again getting it right!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

In coordination with the Egytian government, I hope.

Offline Norm Lenhart

In coordination with the Egytian government, I hope.

With EVERY government, I hope. The EU is likely to have the UN go spaz mode though.

Offline endicom

With EVERY government, I hope. The EU is likely to have the UN go spaz mode though.

My thought is that al-Sisi needs the sort of support he didn't get from the last administration. Oppose the Brotherhood but in a way that helps rather than hurts al-Sisi.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many in our government are affiliated with the MB? IIRC, DHS and other agencies were lousy with them, and Hillary's galpal's parents were tied in with it, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

How many in our government are affiliated with the MB? IIRC, DHS and other agencies were lousy with them, and Hillary's galpal's parents were tied in with it, too.

Affiliated with it?

I work in DHS, and I can assure that is entirely untrue. Please explain what you are saying here?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mountaineer

The first few weeks of obama regime he took MB or CAIR off terror list.
Yeah, so Val Jarrett and Huma Abedin still could have access to the highest levels of government - and government secrets.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Affiliated with it?

I work in DHS, and I can assure that is entirely untrue. Please explain what you are saying here?
Sorry, he's gone: http://shoebat.com/2014/09/10/muslim-brotherhood-infiltrator-dhs-called-caliphate-leaves-dhs-one-day-sotloff-beheaded-isis-caliphate/
Need I spell out state department connections to the MB in the recent past?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

Sorry, he's gone: http://shoebat.com/2014/09/10/muslim-brotherhood-infiltrator-dhs-called-caliphate-leaves-dhs-one-day-sotloff-beheaded-isis-caliphate/
Need I spell out state department connections to the MB in the recent past?

You mentioned Homeland Security....which has no connection with State. So what I was asking was for you to explain why you are asserting their are people in Homeland connected to the MB?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Are we going to put Egypt on travel ban?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

You mentioned Homeland Security....which has no connection with State. So what I was asking was for you to explain why you are asserting their are people in Homeland connected to the MB?
I made a misstatement. My apologies. You work in the one untainted Federal Agency.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

I made a misstatement. My apologies. You work in the one untainted Federal Agency.

Well, there's no agency that is untainted. I'm just saying that the rot...the bottom of the swamp...rests primarily in DC, not out in the field. I'm excited that General Kelly is taking the reins, and hopeful that he will start sweeping out the bureaucrats and Obamaphiles that are too prevalent in our HQ. No need for you to apologize, though its much appreciated, I was just trying to move you towards highlighting the epicenter of a problem we all want to see fixed.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, there's no agency that is untainted. I'm just saying that the rot...the bottom of the swamp...rests primarily in DC, not out in the field. I'm excited that General Kelly is taking the reins, and hopeful that he will start sweeping out the bureaucrats and Obamaphiles that are too prevalent in our HQ. No need for you to apologize, though its much appreciated, I was just trying to move you towards highlighting the epicenter of a problem we all want to see fixed.
Anyone here who just realized DC is the epicenter of the problem just hasn't been paying attention. My reference was intended to point to the rot at the top in the previous administration and disseminated through the upper ranks of the bureaucracy. Most all of the field hands are trying to accomplish their mission.

The willingness to take stupid risks with any problem is directly proportional to the distance from the problem. The guys in the trenches do the heavy lifting, the ones in the office take the credit. You see that just about anywhere.

C S Lewis