Author Topic: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS  (Read 19854 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: MICHAEL FLYNN RESIGNS
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2017, 05:51:27 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »
That is why I despise NeverTrumpers. They would rather see the in country ruins than see Trump successful. Just so they can say I told you so, NeverTrumpers work hand in hand with the Marxist Globalist Democrats to take down Trump. Well guess who will be running things when they succeed in taking down Trump. Hint it won't be Ted Cruz on that you can bet.

Two points - I don't think some/many of the #NeverTrumpers want to take Trump down or see him fail.  (And, I know it's dangerous to say what other people think, but to be fair, I'm responding to your effort to do just that.)  They do think that Trump will fail, and in doing so damage our nation even more. 

Personally, I find the #EverTrump to be the flip side of #NeverTrump.  Both sides feel that their position is justified, and both sides can present a pretty good argument to that end.

And, secondly, I find it very interesting that so many of the "I dispise #NeverTrumpers because ... Ted Cruz".  What does Ted Cruz have to do with this?  Why are you all so fixated on him?  What's the deal?

@jpsp
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:16:01 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2017, 06:22:42 pm »
He did not lie. The entire story is a fabrication. Fake News. But since the left has managed to get two high officials canned by using fake news more heads are going to roll. You and the other NeverTrumpers will probably get your wish and see the administration fail. I hope you will be happy with open borders, no border security, massive Muslim immigration, endless wars, no Obama care repeal, no tax reform, etc etc. Guess you like business as usual huh?

Where have I ever said I want the Trump administration to fail? Good luck in trying to substantiate that.

@jpsb
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:23:26 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2017, 06:26:29 pm »
Two points - I don't think some/many of the #NeverTrumpers want to take Trump down or see him fail.  (And, I know it's dangerous to say what other people think, but to be fair, I'm responding to your effort to do just that.)  They do think that Trump will fail, and in doing so damage our nation even more. 

Personally, I find the #EverTrump to be the flip side of #NeverTrump.  Both sides feel that their position is justified, and both sides can present a pretty good argument to that end.

And, secondly, I find it very interesting that so many of the "I dispise #NeverTrumpers because ... Ted Cruz".  What does Ted Cruz have to do with this?  Why are you all so fixated on him?  What's the deal?

@jpsp

Their are a number of NeverTrumpers that are overjoyed that the "deep state" is picking the new administration apart. Taking out Flynn was major victory and please notice how the R's in DC are not defending the Trump administration in the least. In fact the R's are joining the D's in calling for investigations into "what did the President know and when did he know it".

This is a coup attempt and lots and lots of NeverTrumper are all in favor of it.

I mentioned Cruz since he was the fav of more then a few NTers and still pissed at Trump for beating him in the primaries.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2017, 06:34:04 pm »

Their are a number of NeverTrumpers that are overjoyed that the "deep state" is picking the new administration apart. Taking out Flynn was major victory and please notice how the R's in DC are not defending the Trump administration in the least. In fact the R's are joining the D's in calling for investigations into "what did the President know and when did he know it".

This is a coup attempt and lots and lots of NeverTrumper are all in favor of it.

I mentioned Cruz since he was the fav of more then a few NTers and still pissed at Trump for beating him in the primaries.

There you go again...assuming you know the thoughts of others.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2017, 06:34:58 pm »

I thought of you as being much less emotionally-driven than this.

I think you misunderstand the motives of our NeverTrumpers in this matter.  And, the Cruz matter, while not relevant to this story, is much less clear-cut than your statement above would imply.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »

@jpsp

Because after all the feelgood rhetoric, trucker hats and 'claims' of making America great again, the fact remains that Donald Trump is only president because he lied early and often about Ted Cruz, his wife and his father. To supposedly "Make America great again" he had to perform an act diametrically opposed to everything America used to stand for. He lied his way into power.

And thats before even getting into the sheer hypocracy of bitching about 'trying to take Trump down with fake news when fake news is exactly how Ted Cruz was politically assasinated by Donald Trump and the unquestioning fools that did their damnedest to to spread it.

Regardless of whether Trump succeeds, fails, governs great or poorly, that is a fact of history and there's not anything they can ever do to change it, nor is there any way they can ever make the country or the world forget.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:15 pm »
Rush is on the radio defending Flynn today, saying the administration should have kept him; but I think he was a bit out there. Even here, US News distorts what he says but I don't think this is a helpful attitude.

Former U.S. Military Official Says George W. Bush Created ISIS
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/12/01/former-military-official-says-george-w-bush-created-isis

Lt. General Michael Flynn isn't afraid to speak up when it comes to his views on America's handling of ISIS.

He has even gone so far as to predict another 9/11 attack.

This month, the retired Defense Intelligence Agency director sat down with German magazine Der Spiegel for an interview where he blamed the 2003 Iraq war —  and then President George W. Bush — for creating the Islamic State terrorist group.

I'm sure he could have done a good job actually; keeping him may have been best but things like this are over the top.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »
Rush also said Flynn was a pro-life democrat, so good if that is true.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:25 pm »
Because after all the feelgood rhetoric, trucker hats and 'claims' of making America great again, the fact remains that Donald Trump is only president because he lied early and often about Ted Cruz, his wife and his father. To supposedly "Make America great again" he had to perform an act diametrically opposed to everything America used to stand for. He lied his way into power.

And thats before even getting into the sheer hypocracy of bitching about 'trying to take Trump down with fake news when fake news is exactly how Ted Cruz was politically assasinated by Donald Trump and the unquestioning fools that did their damnedest to to spread it.

Regardless of whether Trump succeeds, fails, governs great or poorly, that is a fact of history and there's not anything they can ever do to change it, nor is there any way they can ever make the country or the world forget.

I did say you could present a good argument.   ^-^

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:43 pm »

:thumbsup:

Agree with a lot of what you say Norm. Why can't we be pals?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2017, 06:44:25 pm »

I am not going to waste my time on the Cruz/Trump thing. Other to say you are very wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »

@Norm Lenhart

All true!  Every word!  But the fact remains that Trump IS the president and the swamp critters like their swamp just as it is!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:50:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2017, 06:50:33 pm »
I am not going to waste my time on the Cruz/Trump thing. Other to say you are very wrong.

No, I am very right. Your situational ethics and belief that the ends justify the means blind you to accepting the reality of the situation. Which is fine as every man has the God given right to be a fool.

PS, If you were to intellectually incapable of defending Trump's political assassination of Ted Cruz with fake news, you shouldn't have brought Ted Cruz up in the first place. But like Brave Sir Robin, it's for the best you run away from defending your position as there is no defense that can be made for what Trump did to get elected.

Offline corbe

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2017, 06:55:54 pm »

:thumbsup:

Agree with a lot of what you say Norm. Why can't we be pals?

Mom always told me 'You're known by the company you keep'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5GXbk58R0
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2017, 06:58:58 pm »
No, I am very right. Your situational ethics and belief that the ends justify the means blind you to accepting the reality of the situation. Which is fine as every man has the God given right to be a fool.

PS, If you were to intellectually incapable of defending Trump's political assassination of Ted Cruz with fake news, you shouldn't have brought Ted Cruz up in the first place. But like Brave Sir Robin, it's for the best you run away from defending your position as there is no defense that can be made for what Trump did to get elected.

@Sanguine I rest my case that a lot of the anger  directed at Trump comes from NeverTrump Ted Cruz groupies.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:01:03 pm by jpsb »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2017, 07:01:44 pm »

Despite his obviously stellar military career, he and many other Army MI officers struck me as Colonel Flaggs. We had a Battalion S-2 fresh from Ft. Huachuca, who left his TV on 24/7, he was convinced that the Soviets bugged his living quarters.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
@Sanguine I rest my case that a lot of the anger  directed at Trump comes from NeverTrump Ted Cruz groupies.

But, surely you're not suggesting that the anger is misplaced?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »
@Sanguine I rest my case that a lot angry directed at Trump comes from NeverTrump Ted Cruz groupies.

Reporting the truth as 'anger' would be 'fake news' on your part. I know losing an argument as badly as you just did hurts your ego, but use it as a moment to reflect on life and get right with reality.

Or not. Most of us wrote you off a while back anyway.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:45 pm »
Flashback, to the time when Obama told Russia he'd 'have more flexibility after the elections.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULl1AWaWdo
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2017, 07:14:52 pm »
Flashback, to the time when Obama told Russia he'd 'have more flexibility after the elections.'

Precisely why I find the Democrat spin on the whole Flynn saga so humorous.  I just saw a Rat poli-sci kiddy on TV remind us that Flynn should have been fired weeks ago because Flynn could have been leaking like a sieve to the Russians all this time.  How he concluded a guy who's in trouble for not being upfront about his giving the Russians the back of his hand is actually a spy for them, is beyond me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2017, 07:18:07 pm »

You're comparing apples to oranges here @truth_seeker Obama was already President at that point of time so the Logan Act did not apply.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:14 pm »
But, surely you're not suggesting that the anger is misplaced?

I'm not going back to the Cruz/Trump wars. Cruz got over it and got on board the Trump train so I no longer have a problem with him. Seems a lot of his supporters can't do the same an bash Trump 24/7 even with the barbarians (Globalist Marxists Democrats and Globalist Republicans) at the gate.

If Trump goes down and now there is a full court press to take him down, the Globalists will have won and the country will never be the same. Forget about a secure border, forget about controlling illegal immigration, forget about staying out of wars that are non of our business, forget about ending socialize medicine, forget about tax reform and all the other things Trump ran on. The swamp will not be drain and DC will not be reformed.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2017, 07:22:34 pm »
   You're comparing apples to oranges here @truth_seeker Obama was already President at that point of time so the Logan Act did not apply.

Flynn did not violate the Logan act. And in 200+ years no one has ever been prosecuted under the Logan act.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2017, 07:22:35 pm »
I'm not going back to the Cruz/Trump wars. Cruz got over it and got on board the Trump train so I no longer have a problem with him. Seems a lot of his supporters can't do the same an bash Trump 24/7 even with the barbarians (Globalist Marxists Democrats and Globalist Republicans) at the gate.

Then you shouldn't have brought him up.

Doesn't matter if Satan appeared in the sky over the vatican. It doesn't change the truth.