Author Topic: Trump stops Obama's transgender school bathrooms policy  (Read 3428 times)

Offline JannTosh

Trump stops Obama's transgender school bathrooms policy
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:55:51 am »
The Obama edict threatened schools nationwide with the loss of federal funding if they didn't allow boys who say they are girls and vice versa to share bathrooms, showers, locker rooms, and hotel rooms on overnight school trips.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/trump-administration-wont-defend-obama-transgender-school-bathrooms-edict-i

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Trump stops Obama's transgender school bathrooms policy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:07:57 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »
He won't pursue it in court but he also won't prevent it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 01:02:23 pm »
We have far more important concerns than this silly bathroom business.   Cross-dressers have been around for years,  and they often use the bathroom matching their appearance when they are in public. So what, so long as discretion is exercised?   No one gets hurt, everyone goes about their business, and no one is ever the wiser.   That's the beauty of having stall doors.

Don't ask, don't tell has worked for years;  we don't need new laws, nor do we need ridiculous fear-mongering about predators in bathrooms.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:03:40 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:22 pm »
I'm glad Trump has waded into this debate.

There have been cases where sexual predators can use this as a cover.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »

Don't ask, don't tell has worked for years;  we don't need new laws, nor do we need ridiculous fear-mongering about predators in bathrooms.

We didn't need coercive laws mandating the accomodation of what-do-I-feel-like-today people.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 01:14:02 pm »
I'm glad Trump has waded into this debate.

There have been cases where sexual predators can use this as a cover.

A phony issue, a phony problem.   We have lots of real problems.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »

We didn't need coercive laws mandating the accomodation of what-do-I-feel-like-today people.

We don't need coercive laws, period, certainly not to address imaginary problems.    A simple sign on the door, coupled with common sense and discretion,  is sufficient.   

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:31 pm »
He won't pursue it in court but he also won't prevent it.

NeverTrumpers, never see anything Trump does as good. Sickening. This is great news, men in girls locker rooms, showers, bathrooms, etc is a bad thing.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 02:06:02 pm »
We have far more important concerns than this silly bathroom business.   Cross-dressers have been around for years,  and they often use the bathroom matching their appearance when they are in public. So what, so long as discretion is exercised?   No one gets hurt, everyone goes about their business, and no one is ever the wiser.   That's the beauty of having stall doors.

So you are fine with your daugher, wife, mother taking a shower with some big pedophile? Really? How about some creep taking picture of her while she is changing in the looker room. You NeverTrumpers a really deranged.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:06 pm »
So you are fine with your daugher, wife, mother taking a shower with some big pedophile? Really? How about some creep taking picture of her while she is changing in the looker room. You NeverTrumpers a really deranged.

From the article:
“The decision reflects President Trump’s statements during the campaign that the federal government has no business mandating shower and bathroom policies on schools – saying 'states should make the decision.'"

Not sure why you going off about "NeverTrumpers."  @Jazzhead 's position seems right in line with Trump's.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »
the federal government has no business mandating shower and bathroom policies

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:31:16 pm »

What's deranged is this obsession with perverts in bathrooms.  People frequent bathrooms to relieve themselves;  stall doors ensure privacy.   This was never a problem until folks drummed it up as a fake crisis.   

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 02:34:13 pm »

@Jazzhead

There is no reason to mandate that a women must shower with a man if that man "self identities" as a woman. It is insane and abusive to women tell them they must.

5 Times ‘Transgender’ Men Abused Women And Children In Bathrooms

You really want to put a man in here?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:35:24 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 02:37:25 pm »
the federal government has no business mandating shower and bathroom policies

Everyone knows that is correct, they just don't want to give Trump credit for changing Obama's very bad and abusive policy.

Offline endicom

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »

Not if he's not me.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 02:45:43 pm »

Bull.  It's a personal safety issue that may seem small when considering only one individual at a time, but becomes large when the scope of abuse is acknowledged.  The government should not be facilitating the ability of a rapist or groped to attack women and girls when they're in a very vulnerable position through the simple expedient of putting on a dress. 

The only viable alternative is having single-occupant toilets provided along with the gender-specific multi-occupant toilets.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:47:21 pm by Oceander »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
@Jazzhead

There is no reason to mandate that a women must shower with a man if that man "self identities" as a woman. It is insane and abusive to women tell them they must.

5 Times ‘Transgender’ Men Abused Women And Children In Bathrooms

No, what I'm saying is that this is a fake "problem" for which no new laws are needed.   No federal mandates,  not state laws above and beyond what's already out there pertaining to simple trespassing when a bathroom patron complains.

Just put a sign on the door, and let the stall doors and common courtesy and discretion do the rest.  There is NO crisis with perverts in the wrong bathroom (nor is there any crisis with transgendered individuals being forced to use a bathroom where they'll draw stares).   This is all ginned-up nonsense. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 02:54:07 pm »
:thumbsup:

Curious.  Because Trump actually agrees with Obama on this issue.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 02:56:35 pm »
No, what I'm saying is that this is a fake "problem" for which no new laws are needed.   No federal mandates,  not state laws above and beyond what's already out there pertaining to simple trespassing when a bathroom patron complains.

Just put a sign on the door, and let the stall doors and common courtesy and discretion do the rest.  There is NO crisis with perverts in the wrong bathroom (nor is there any crisis with transgendered individuals being forced to use a bathroom where they'll draw stares).   This is all ginned-up nonsense. 

There is no crisis with perverts in the bathrooms now because to-date law hasn't mandated that they must be allowed to use women's bathrooms.  That changes once they have that right because they will never be challenged upon entering.  Removing the mandate is sufficient because it returns the freedom to stop certain people from using certain bathrooms on suspicion only and without being subject to lawsuits for doIng so.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 02:59:56 pm »

Yep. He said Bruce Jenner can use any bathroom "she" likes in his buildings. That's fine for Trump to allow on his own property.
However Trump didn't even need to fold on gay marriage since he immediately announced that the judges had made their decision and that's final. (Kinda funny considering that his fans want to impeach judges who rule against Trump)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 03:05:08 pm »
Trump will select Supreme Court nominees;

That's the best that can be done.

Or one can be sitting at home like a Senator, Rand Paul or whomever and get nothing done at all.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 03:09:29 pm »

You keep restricting the subject to bathrooms with stall doors, Obama's mandate included shower, locker rooms, changing rooms, etc. Every place that was restricted to females only not just bathrooms with stall doors.  Considering all the refugee "children" Obama brought in the policy of mandating that women share their private places with men was crazy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 03:14:49 pm »
There is no crisis with perverts in the bathrooms now because to-date law hasn't mandated that they must be allowed to use women's bathrooms.  That changes once they have that right because they will never be challenged upon entering.  Removing the mandate is sufficient because it returns the freedom to stop certain people from using certain bathrooms on suspicion only and without being subject to lawsuits for doIng so.

I agree with that.  Cross-dressers/transgenders (I'm not sure what the difference is, but cross-dressers have been around for ages) use public bathrooms for the same reason you and I do - to relieve themselves.   A man in a dress will use the woman's room when out in public so as not to draw stares -  no other reason. 

We need neither mandates that cross-dressers can use the women's room nor bans on cross-dressers using the women's room.   The sign on the door,  the privacy afforded by stall doors,  and good old fashioned common sense and discretion,  have taken care of the problem historically and for that reason I say this is a phony crisis ginned up by agitators on both sides.   

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:46 pm »

I know he does personally but I interpreted the report in the article as a positive step in reaffirming the rights of localities and states to set their own policies.