Author Topic: Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Treasury secretary  (Read 710 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Treasury secretary
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:03:00 am »
Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Treasury secretary

Roger Yu , USA TODAY Published 7:28 p.m. ET Feb. 13, 2017

Steven Mnuchin, whose previous roles have included former CEO of OneWest Bank, Wall Street banker and film financier, was confirmed Monday as Treasury secretary, ensuring his place in President Trump’s economic inner circle after a contentious row over his company’s foreclosure practice and failure to disclose overseas business interests.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/02/13/steven-mnuchin-confirmed-treasury-secretary/97860294/

Offline endicom

Re: Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Treasury secretary
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:28:08 am »
And David Shulkin to VA. Hope to hell he can do something to straighten out that mess.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:30:51 am »
And David Shulkin to VA. Hope to hell he can do something to straighten out that mess.

Jesus Christ himself could. Anyone else is gonna be in for a rough ride. Barry Obamacare'd the VA on top of all the incompetence and cronyism there.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 02:41:19 am »

I am not happy with this appointment..Shulkin has been at the VA for years now and I don't see much change coming...He was under-Sec there and the place is still a mess....we will see.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:42:33 am »
   Steven Mnuchin was way down on my list of all Trump's appointments as far as trustworthiness goes, Tillerson, Bannon, Preibus and Flynn are there also, but he's Trump's pick so I gotta suck it up. 
   Perhaps if Cruz wasn't attacked so perversely on the GS thing this guy would be more palpable to me, but I doubt it, I have never trusted GS and that's probably why Trump's attack was successful to some extent.
   As far as the VA goes, being a Veteran and having some experience years ago with them, THIS is where Congress needs to get involved and pass Legislation to bust up the hiring/firing practice there. 
   Incompetence is being rewarded bigly, there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 02:45:04 am »
I am not happy with this appointment..Shulkin has been at the VA for years now and I don't see much change coming...He was under-Sec there and the place is still a mess....we will see.

I'm hoping that it was a case of Barry and Co simply stopping any meaningful reform through their micromanagement and red tape/regulation. I don't expect a miracle but as screwed up as it is, ANY improvement would double the 'progress' of the last 8 years there.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 02:46:30 am »

Best thing to straighten out that mess would be to give our Vets the coverage that Federal "workers" have and give Federal "workers" the VA.

Except for dedicated war related treatment, .. Battlefield trauma and some other. Most health needs are better served thru the "usual" health market.

I also make a distinction between combat and career vets ... and one sign up get college .."ahem" vets.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 03:27:26 am »
Pretty happy with this appointment.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 03:45:11 am »
Best thing to straighten out that mess would be to give our Vets the coverage that Federal "workers" have and give Federal "workers" the VA.

Except for dedicated war related treatment, .. Battlefield trauma and some other. Most health needs are better served thru the "usual" health market.

I also make a distinction between combat and career vets ... and one sign up get college .."ahem" vets.

:amen: 

Privatize to the maximum extent possible!

And that would work for a hell of a lot more than just the VA!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:46:17 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »

The vast majority of those "college vets" served faithfully and honorably. They deserve the same health care as anyone who served. My active duty service occurred during the outset of the all volunteer force, and I was privileged to serve with some of the finest Americans I have ever known. Their service was no less honorable than those who served in combat.

The potential for life-threatening accidents occurred on almost every training situation I was involved in, such as REFORGER, was always there. The only good thing was we didn't have bad guys firing at us.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.