Exclusive Content > News

How do you define fake news, and which news sources do you trust?

(1/2) > >>

Machiavelli:
Here are two interrelated questions for you:

* How do you define fake news?
* Which news sources do you trust?

LateForLunch:

--- Quote from: Machiavelli on February 13, 2017, 09:17:15 pm ---Here are two interrelated questions for you:

--- End quote ---

hah hah that's an easy one. The leftist mass media's unrelenting, abject, monstrously unrepentant mendacity provides the exact opposite of reliable news. I just naturally assume that anything the leftist mass media reports (or advocates through editorials) represents the OPPOSITE of whatever they want people to believe it to be. If they report something as the truth, I naturally assume that it is fallacious. If they represent it as moral, right minded and innocuous, I know for a virtually certainty that it is amoral, craven and pernicious.

It doesn't ALWAYS work but it works so often and so well that I rarely have to do much individual research because eventually just scanning watchdog sites/talk radio (Drudge, Breitbart, WND, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Hugh Hewitt and their affiliates) provides accurate cross-checking references for authentic topical information sources for any issue which rises to the top of the new cycle ( especially those which "grow legs" or "tank treads").

For matters concerning militant fundie muzz shenanigans there is the ever-ready Jihad Watch and affiliates (Apostate.com) . Also there is Dr. Sebastian Gorka's site/articles. Mark Stein (Limbaugh's sub) is also generally up on the most current muzz horrors as well.

For matters of DC/Beltway stuff there is Hugh Hewitt.

For Constitutional law / history of government there is no better source than the Great One (Mark Levin). He has never been wrong in any historical reference, nor on any prediction of court behavior that I am aware. He will disagree often with the Men in Black but he never misses the mark (heh) in regard to the crux of the legal issues (i.e. he knows the excuses that the activist judges will commonly use to violate the law and legislate from the bench under pretext of "interpretation").

For specific matters of foreign policy, there is always John Bolton's site/articles.

EC:

--- Quote from: Machiavelli on February 13, 2017, 09:17:15 pm ---Here are two interrelated questions for you:

--- End quote ---

1/ Fake news - where the story and the actual facts aren't even in the same building. Biased news, where the facts are present but slanted, is a different kettle of fish. All news is biased.

2/ News sources I trust - none. I will give slightly more credence to any news source (left or right) that has a long term, predictable bias to it, enabling me to see the wood for the verbal trees, especially if they source their reports. Any video news is treated as pure propaganda - it's far easier to lie on film than it is in print.

kevindavis007:
Here is a list of fake news sites:
https://fayeknooz.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/925/[/size][/font]

Sanguine:
I don't think there is one way to do it.  Even the National Enquirers get it right sometimes, and even Fox/Washington Times/whatever get it wrong sometimes.  And, understand that we can all be mislead.  You have to be willing and able to question and adjust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version