Author Topic: White House aide declines to back Flynn over Russia contact  (Read 1208 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
White House aide declines to back Flynn over Russia contact
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »
White House aide declines to back Flynn over Russia contact

A top White House official declined in several interviews over the weekend to defend national security adviser Michael Flynn, amid controversy over his alleged contacts with Russia.

Mr Flynn reportedly discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak in the weeks before the inauguration.

He denied talking about this issue but later said he could not be certain.

Any discussion of sanctions could have violated laws against private citizens engaging in foreign policy.

The controversy comes as Mr Trump faces his first major national security challenge, following the test by North Korea on Sunday of a ballistic missile.

Mr Flynn would ordinarily be closely involved in determining the US response to such a test. ...

Stephen Miller, President Donald Trump's top policy adviser, declined to say when asked in a number of interviews whether Mr Trump backed Mr Flynn.

Mr Miller said it was not his place to comment on the "sensitive matter" concerning Mr Flynn, who was an early supporter of Mr Trump but whose position in the administration is thought to be under scrutiny.

Asked if the president still had confidence in Mr Flynn, Mr Miller responded: "That's a question for the president." Other White House officials also refuse to comment.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday that Mr Flynn and Mr Kislyak did not discuss lifting sanctions....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38954455
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

Re: White House aide declines to back Flynn over Russia contact
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 02:13:32 pm »
We already Conway dissing Spicer. I have a feeling the internal fighting will get worse.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:20:17 pm »
We already Conway dissing Spicer. I have a feeling the internal fighting will get worse.

Of course it will.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 02:24:28 pm »
Trump's shaping up to be the GOP jimmy carter, maybe even worse.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:30:13 pm »

There's only two people worse than Trump...Carter and Obama. And they had 4 and 8 years respectively to screw things up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:30:56 pm by Abe »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:08:13 pm »

Y'all are wetting your pants with the anticipation of Trump failing...

Personally, I hope he succeeds beyond anyone's expectations - I don't root for his failure and I don't giggle like a little schoolgirl just thinking about it.  I don't mind telling you that I hope you and the others like you have to go through many more butt-hurt failures by your ilk before Trump leaves office. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 04:11:10 pm »

We tried to warn them but they wouldn't hear it.

Now I'm going to remind them at every opportunity.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »

You're such an asset to any forum.... :seeya:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 04:33:36 pm »

@Cripplecreek
You didn't warn anybody.    Most people knew he is a crude immoral jerk who shouldn't be anywhere near the white house.  The only surprise so far has been how good most of the people he's selected have been.

I'd much prefer Cruz but Cruz didn't win.   Trump played dirty and won.  He beat Hillary as well which is a good thing.   But perhaps you would prefer to have her as POTUS?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 04:37:08 pm »
@Cripplecreek
You didn't warn anybody.    Most people knew he is a crude immoral jerk who shouldn't be anywhere near the white house.  The only surprise so far has been how good most of the people he's selected have been.

I'd much prefer Cruz but Cruz didn't win.   Trump played dirty and won.  He beat Hillary as well which is a good thing.   But perhaps you would prefer to have her as POTUS?

Throw your little tantrum at somebody else.

I won't look the other way on treason. Only a coward would do that.

If you don't like use your ignore button because I really couldn't care less what your kind likes or doesn't like.

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 04:42:25 pm »
Miller didn't decline to back Flynn but declined to comment at this time.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Yes, Trump can be a crude immoral jerk.  However I also saw the side of President Trump that I hadn't seen; the President Trump that laid a wreath at Arlington cemetery.  A President Trump who delivered aninaugural speech that focused on putting Americans first.  A President Trump that has selected some decent cabinet members and a seemingly conservative justice.  A President Trump who tried to issue an E.O. to secure the nation which has been first and foremost with him.

All the bleeding heart liberals and RINO's who want to see him fail will be just as responsible for the demise of this country should President Trump fail as a result of their obstruction, lies, fake news and hatred.  He's been in office less than a month and these same liberal/RINO idiots are calling for impeachment and yes, wishing for his demise.  The true character (or lack thereof) of liberals and RINO's is shining biggly.  It is disgusting, appalling and the epitome of anti-American sentiment!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:45:35 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:08 pm »
Y'all are wetting your pants with the anticipation of Trump failing...

Personally, I hope he succeeds beyond anyone's expectations - I don't root for his failure and I don't giggle like a little schoolgirl just thinking about it.  I don't mind telling you that I hope you and the others like you have to go through many more butt-hurt failures by your ilk before Trump leaves office.

If Trump succeeds I won't be butthurt, I'll be happy.

He's just really failing right now.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 05:58:05 pm »

If Trump succeeds I won't be butthurt, I'll be happy.

He's just really failing right now.

[img width-200]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s8kDEbcdnHs/T5d5Cf0Kd5I/AAAAAAAAL4o/loJELvFLvqk/s640/blah.jpg[/img]

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 06:00:36 pm »
Miller didn't decline to back Flynn but declined to comment at this time.

I think that's a fair assessment. 

I can't blame him...the way the question was worded, he would have been in the crosshairs of the Orange One if he'd said the wrong thing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline beandog

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 06:22:05 pm »
To borrow a movie line "You people are beginning to bore the HELL out of me!"

That's putting it mildly. 

There are just some people who want to argue just to argue.  Who want to see bad things, when they're aren't any.  It is tedious to say the least.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 06:41:23 pm »

What John Lennon once said about Elvis Presley's death (other than the only-too-true "Elvis died the day he went in the
Army," of course) seems to be very much in play here: It's the courtiers who kill the King.

Or: If you think of Donaldus Minimus as a kind of smiling cobra, he seems to have found his own mongeese.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:42:09 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »
Throw your little tantrum at somebody else.

I won't look the other way on treason. Only a coward would do that.

If you don't like use your ignore button because I really couldn't care less what your kind likes or doesn't like.

@Cripplecreek
No I prefer to keep calling you out on your self righteous nonsense.

Next you'll be claiming to walk on water.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.