Author Topic: Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?  (Read 2164 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?
« on: February 13, 2017, 02:31:31 pm »
Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?

Posted By Alex Pfeiffer On 6:05 PM 02/12/2017

The opening weeks of the Trump administration have been described as tumultuous by many, potentially leaving White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus’ head on the chopping block.

Chris Ruddy, founder of Newsmax Media and one of President Trump’s friends, said Sunday on CNN that the “White House is showing not the amount of order that we need to see. I think there’s a lot of weakness coming out of the chief of staff.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/12/could-reince-be-on-his-way-out-as-chief-of-staff/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frandia

Re: Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:26:01 pm »
Never should have been chosen to begin with. The guy is a liberal masquerading as a RINO.  Then again, that might explain it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:28:10 pm by Abe »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »
Never should have been chosen to begin with. The guy is a liberal masquerading as a RINO.  Then again, that might explain it.

There are a lot of those, here. Can you name them?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:01:18 pm »

Agreed.  Rinse handled the RNC and the convention poorly.  Trump owed him big league.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 04:06:03 pm »

But Trumpers were just fine with Trump picking Mr Establishment for chief of staff.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:24:08 pm »
There are a lot of those, here. Can you name them?

What?  Seriously?  That's just flat out stupid.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 06:02:38 pm »
But Trumpers were just fine with Trump picking Mr Establishment for chief of staff.

I wouldn't say they were fine with it.  Did they have a choice.  That's the misconception about Trump supporters; they don't agree with everything he does but they just didn't want Hillary.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 06:03:40 pm »
Agreed.  Rinse handled the RNC and the convention poorly.  Trump owed him big league.

Trump the former Democrat or Trump the RINO? Is there a difference?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »
I wouldn't say they were fine with it.  Did they have a choice.  That's the misconception about Trump supporters; they don't agree with everything he does but they just didn't want Hillary.

If they didn't speak, they condoned it.

Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of the worshipful toadies.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »
Rinse was a mistake from the beginning. Hopefully they rid themselves of him and in so doing, erode the liberal wing of the GOP and the power of Mitch and Ryan over the go along-get along 'conservatives' in congress.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 06:11:16 pm »
If they didn't speak, they condoned it.

Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of the worshipful toadies.

Trumpaloons are not the same as reluctant Trump voters.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 06:19:09 pm »
Chris Ruddy, founder of Newsmax Media and one of President Trump’s friends, said Sunday on CNN that the “White House is showing not the amount of order that we need to see. I think there’s a lot of weakness coming out of the chief of staff.”

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Priebus leave.  He was there because of his inside knowledge of how DC politics works.  A nice thought, but for now the Trump administration doesn't seem interested in working within the system.

Also, it's pretty hard for a chief of staff to keep order when the president can't/won't stop tweeting.  Trump sets the tone, and right now the tone leans toward rambling stream-of-consciousness insults for the likes of Mark Cuban or Nordstrom's.

One would hope that Priebus is replaced by a guy who can instill a bit of discipline and forethought into what comes out of the WH.  My fear is that, instead, Priebus will be replaced by a guy who will "let Trump be Trump."

geronl

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »
Welcome back to SURVIVOR: Trump Cabinet Edition

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 06:31:08 pm »
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Priebus leave.  He was there because of his inside knowledge of how DC politics works.  A nice thought, but for now the Trump administration doesn't seem interested in working within the system.

Also, it's pretty hard for a chief of staff to keep order when the president can't/won't stop tweeting.  Trump sets the tone, and right now the tone leans toward rambling stream-of-consciousness insults for the likes of Mark Cuban or Nordstrom's.

One would hope that Priebus is replaced by a guy who can instill a bit of discipline and forethought into what comes out of the WH.  My fear is that, instead, Priebus will be replaced by a guy who will "let Trump be Trump."

There's not a man. woman or group thereof that will make trump do anything. He's not going to change a lifetime management style. It's who he is. Thats what people elected him for, for better or worse. Hoping for change, as we learned rather recently (or should have, isn't a winning strategy.

In 4 years America can judge his accomplishments, or lack thereof and either send him back to DC or home. Until then, short of being impeached and removed legitimately, he's going to do whatever he wants to and there's nothing we can do but stand back and see what happens.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:32:04 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Frandia

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 06:34:59 pm »
I would say that you summed that up well.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 07:02:14 pm »

This administration does seem rather hell-bent on proving that the outsiders can screw as many pooches as the insiders
did, only faster, doesn't it?

Also, it's pretty hard for a chief of staff to keep order when the president can't/won't stop tweeting.

(It wasn't easy getting Sylvester's lisp!)

Trump sets the tone, and right now the tone leans toward rambling stream-of-consciousness insults for the likes of Mark Cuban or Nordstrom's.

That's not tone, that's cacophony.

As John Lennon once said about the death of Elvis Presley, it's the courtiers who kill the king.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »
That's not tone, that's cacophony.

Can we compromise on "12-tone?"

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »
Can we compromise on "12-tone?"

Deal!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »

I don't have much hope that anything good will come out of this administration but I take great joy in the hope that Priebus is out. He's the face of the treasonous establishment who only fell in love with Trump when it became apparent that only Trump could keep an actual constitutional conservative out of the white house.

Poetic justice that the establishment who believed they could wheel and deal to keep their grip on power would now be betrayed by te man they made their deal with.

Frankly I plan on grabbing some popcorn because the establishment won't take it sitting down.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »
I don't have much hope that anything good will come out of this administration but I take great joy in the hope that Priebus is out. He's the face of the treasonous establishment who only fell in love with Trump when it became apparent that only Trump could keep an actual constitutional conservative out of the white house.

The mindset of the GOP has to be a case study in idiocy waiting for a Grad student to make his doctorate on.

How screwed up do people (the GOP/Rinse have to be to think that taking a job from the guy that you spent the primaries fighting tooth and nail, is the path to ongoing employment? The only thing that makes any sense is that they collectively felt that they could control Trump once he got the job.

And THAT raises the obvious question of how stupid one has to be to think they were going to control him? Love him/hate him/or tolerate him, Trump can be relied on to do what Trump wants to do. The sheer 'wrong' of these people's thinking is really scary. The only thing scarier is that the people that keep electing them 'no matter what' is even more F'd up than theirs is.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 08:07:28 pm »
The mindset of the GOP has to be a case study in idiocy waiting for a Grad student to make his doctorate on.

If it's a student taking his doctorate in psychiatry, he'll need a psychiatrist after finishing the project!

How screwed up do people (the GOP/Rinse have to be to think that taking a job from the guy that you spent the primaries fighting tooth and nail, is the path to ongoing employment? The only thing that makes any sense is that they collectively felt that they could control Trump once he got the job.

That's like George Armstrong Custer telling his troops, No, over there, those are friendly Indians!---about Sitting Bull
and company.

And THAT raises the obvious question of how stupid one has to be to think they were going to control him? Love him/hate him/or tolerate him, Trump can be relied on to do what Trump wants to do. The sheer 'wrong' of these people's thinking is really scary. The only thing scarier is that the people that keep electing them 'no matter what' is even more F'd up than theirs is.

Once again, Mr. Mencken was proven right: democracy is the common people knowing what they want and deserving to
get it, good and hard.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 08:13:05 pm »
Once again, Mr. Mencken was proven right: democracy is the common people knowing what they want and deserving to
get it, good and hard.

Pain teaches or kills. People will either learn eventually or libs will regain full power and carry out their goals. History is pretty clear on that.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 08:39:54 pm »
Pain teaches or kills.

Not soon enough. If it had been soon enough, we wouldn't have had no better choice than between Robespierre and Queen Athaliah
in last year's presidential election.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 08:52:49 pm »
Not soon enough. If it had been soon enough, we wouldn't have had no better choice than between Robespierre and Queen Athaliah
in last year's presidential election.

People can get used to a lot of pain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 08:55:49 pm »
People can get used to a lot of pain.

They hit their tolerance eventually. By then they will be fully out as liberals and we can stop pretending they arent what they are.