Author Topic: Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Could Reince Be On His Way Out As Chief Of Staff?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »
Is this evidence of a staff infection?

geronl

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »
Is this evidence of a staff infection?

*crowd-wide groaning*

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 09:36:10 pm »
What?  Seriously?  That's just flat out stupid.
You know what they say, always consider the source. Some people are a one trick pony.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 02:56:56 am »
If Trump had been the anti-establishment candidate that all his supporters claimed him to be during the campaign, then Priebus never would have been his chief of staff in the first place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 03:07:13 am »
If Trump had been the anti-establishment candidate that all his supporters claimed him to be during the campaign, then Priebus never would have been his chief of staff in the first place.

He also wouldn't have attacked Ted Cruz for being a big meanie to Mitch McConnell or reminded us that he golfs with John Boehner.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 03:13:22 am »
He also wouldn't have attacked Ted Cruz for being a big meanie to Mitch McConnell or reminded us that he golfs with John Boehner.

Part of me wonders if Trump attacking Cruz (which was and will forever remain 'bullshit' regardless of who came up with it) wasn't the GOP's price for support. If they figured they weren't going to get one of their own, so Mitch took his pound of flesh where he could get it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 03:17:25 am »
I don't have much hope that anything good will come out of this administration but I take great joy in the hope that Priebus is out. He's the face of the treasonous establishment who only fell in love with Trump when it became apparent that only Trump could keep an actual constitutional conservative out of the white house.

Poetic justice that the establishment who believed they could wheel and deal to keep their grip on power would now be betrayed by te man they made their deal with.

Frankly I plan on grabbing some popcorn because the establishment won't take it sitting down.

:beer:

He owed Preibus allot for shutting down 'actual voting' and microphones at the Convention, thus silencing the Conservative movement, what little of it was left after they tasted the 'populist' koolaid.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 03:23:50 am »
:beer:

He owed Preibus allot for shutting down 'actual voting' and microphones at the Convention, thus silencing the Conservative movement, what little of it was left after they tasted the 'populist' koolaid.

Yep.  And, it was a well-run effort.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 05:13:34 am »
Part of me wonders if Trump attacking Cruz (which was and will forever remain 'bullshit' regardless of who came up with it) wasn't the GOP's price for support.

Aw hell, no.  That's Trump in a nutshell right there.  He feels big when he's insulting his "enemies."  And everybody who disagrees with him will be an "enemy" eventually.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 05:18:42 am »
Aw hell, no.  That's Trump in a nutshell right there.  He feels big when he's insulting his "enemies."  And everybody who disagrees with him will be an "enemy" eventually.

Yes, but Mitch isn't any different from that. The GOP has been destroying conservatives for a lot longer than Trump's been on the scene. I can easily seeing Mitch and the crew making a deal. Good for Trump and good for the GOP. Not so good for conservatism.

In the end, one, the other, or both broke Cruz and he genuflected to their power.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 05:30:33 am »

I don't remember shutting down of microphones (but in all candor, I wasn't able to watch the convention from gavel to gavel). 

I think it's more likely that Preibus proved his worth as an effective bridge between candidate Trump and the House leadership (the Ryan wing)---a talent that would be needed as the campaign transitioned to governing.   

Preibus was also effective in helping to contain the uprising of a certain wing of the Republican Party (the "p" revolt) after Trump's nomination.

Agree with him or not, Preibus was loyal against stiff opposition and a great help to the Trump campaign.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 02:15:07 pm »
I don't remember shutting down of microphones (but in all candor, I wasn't able to watch the convention from gavel to gavel). 

I think it's more likely that Preibus proved his worth as an effective bridge between candidate Trump and the House leadership (the Ryan wing)---a talent that would be needed as the campaign transitioned to governing.   

Preibus was also effective in helping to contain the uprising of a certain wing of the Republican Party (the "p" revolt) after Trump's nomination.

Agree with him or not, Preibus was loyal against stiff opposition and a great help to the Trump campaign.

Oh, yes, the Convention was manipulated, probably not so much to select Trump, but to make sure that no staunch conservatives were picked.  And, yes Priebus was loyal - to the powers-that-be.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »
Oh, yes, the Convention was manipulated, probably not so much to select Trump, but to make sure that no staunch conservatives were picked.  And, yes Priebus was loyal - to the powers-that-be.

Plenty of concessions were made for Trump as well. Like removing the anti Russian language from the party platform.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-campaign-guts-gops-anti-russia-stance-on-ukraine/2016/07/18/98adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html?utm_term=.763fc0257a24

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »
Yep.

None of this will end well and the longer the GOP tries to ignore it, the worse it will be.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »

I still think this entire election was manipulated. Cruz was the first to announce his candidacy and the D.C. establishment knew he was a considerable threat.  Enter D.J. Trump.  Turns out Cruz had an incredible ground game and Trump met with McConnell, Ryan and Priebus early on. It was after his meeting with McConnell that Trump publicly stated he needed to be a little more establishment. The establishment representing the GOP even with all of Trump's bombastic crudeness and immorality would rather have him than Cruz even if it meant he would be defeated by Hillary; at least the cartel would remain in tact with Hillary. Hillary's defeat sent shockwaves  through the entire establishment; GOP and DEM alike.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:54:30 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.