Author Topic: Instead of draining the swamp, Trump has become Wall Street’s best buddy  (Read 389 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
President Trump was an accident waiting to happen. The US had entered a zone of fragility: there were too many inequalities, grievances and accompanying disillusion in a system felt not to work .

A chief reason for that economic and social fragility was the behaviour of the American financial system. It is still astounding how close to disaster high finance brought the US and global economy in 2008. It provoked a vast bailout, and the recovery that followed has been one of the most anaemic sort, during which the wages of average Americans have scarcely grown.

The hangover of debt and legacy of banks trying to rebuild their shattered balance sheets has held the economy back. Meanwhile, some of the weak links in the system, like the sheer scale and opacity of the derivative markets, plus business models riddled with conflicts of interest, have remained unaddressed. Fortunes are still being made and very few have paid the price for cataclysmic mistakes.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/12/not-draining-swamp-trump-money-mens-best-friend?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=212887&subid=18713770&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley