Author Topic: Sales Skyrocket After Singer/Songwriter Joy Villa Wears Pro-Trump "Make America Great Again" Dress To Grammys  (Read 1833 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

LOS ANGELES (KDKA) – Sales of Joy Villa’s music has skyrocketed after she wore a pro-Trump dress to the Grammy Awards.

On the red carpet Villa wore a gown of red, white and blue with the words “Make America Great Again” on the front and “Trump” on the back.

After her appearance at the Grammy’s the 25-year-old’s EP “I Make The Static” jumped to number one on Amazon’s top digital albums, and is still there Monday.

She was also climbing the charts on iTunes.

On Instagram Villa explained her controversial look saying, “Go big, or go home. You can either stand for what you believe or fall for what you don’t. Above all make a choice for tolerance and love. Agree to disagree.”

I'm speechless…you, my amazing fans and supporters have put me to #16 on the iTunes Top… https://t.co/a25sCjdeSf pic.twitter.com/gKTBOac4vL

— Joy Villa (@Joy_Villa) February 13, 2017

The dress also helped Joy’s social media presence.

On Twitter she went from about 15,000 followers to nearly 70,000 Monday.

Villa’s dress may have helped boost her record sales, but critics on social media lashed out.

@Joy_Villa You looked horrible

— Sabina (@SabiinaGallardo) February 13, 2017

@Joy_Villa ….your sell out game is strong.

— Michelle Vargas (@VargasSTL) February 13, 2017

@Joy_Villa trump doesn't even support your human rights????? OK girl keep dreamin

— katie (@radiantcaminah) February 13, 2017

Others supported Joy’s decision to wear the dress, one even said it’s the reason they sampled her music.

@Joy_Villa I'm not familiar with you. The Left is going to try & destroy you. So, I'm going to buy your work. You are worth getting to know.

— wright.RN (@TW_RN73) February 13, 2017

@Joy_Villa absolutely! And you made it look beautiful tonight. You shined so bright #MAGA

— Heather (@heather_masten) February 13, 2017

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:10:07 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Frank Cannon

Her dress a couple years ago at the Grammy's was way better....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd never heard of her.

Poked around a little on youtube last night and ... she's got a damned fine voice.

So, thanks for that, anyways.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Simpletons fall for a liberal nutjob's publicity stunt.  :silly:

Offline Idiot

Hmmm....I had some of that safety fencing she's wearing in my garage, after having a waterline replaced.  I never considered dressing up the girlfriend in it...lol.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

I'll bet sitting in that thing was quite uncomfortable...other than that, not much else left to see there.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'll bet sitting in that thing was quite uncomfortable...other than that, not much else left to see there.

That's modest compared to the one the year before.

She's a scientologist loon and is just having a laugh at Trump and his fans expense.

Offline Frank Cannon