Author Topic: Trump may aspire to be a strongman, but he's proving to be an exceptionally ineffectual president.  (Read 8166 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Chosen Daughter

Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0KMz_AUBFM
I think it is also important to realize all the fake news and the extraordinary attempts to make sure that President Trump doesn't succeed. I can't remember in my lifetime when an incoming President has been treated so terribly. The DEMS are not taking defeat well.  The corruption in government is being challenged and the RINO's and DEMS are trying to stay afloat in the swamp that Trump is trying to drain. He's been in office less than a month; yet already people are calling his presidency ineffective?  What a crock. 
He beat his Republican primary opponents, in spite of her money, prestige, influence, beat Hillary and the major media.

They are all stuck in a rage. Angry and they can't admit their failures.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Chosen Daughter

Watch this

Some serious adult viewing information, not suitable for sissies, weaklings, social justice warriors, snowflakes, etc.

The guy is a patriot putting his life at risk, so others don't have to (yet) and his "opinion" should carry very much consideration.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

Some serious adult viewing information, not suitable for sissies, weaklings, social justice warriors, snowflakes, etc.

The guy is a patriot putting his life at risk, so others don't have to (yet) and his "opinion" should carry very much consideration.

Yes he is and yes we should listen to him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I am a serious Conservative woman with an American family which I love.  God Bless America.

If your referring to me as a sissie, weakling or social justice warrior you are off base.  No liberal in me.  And my strength comes from God.  I know what to fear and it isn't terrorists.  It is God.

11,774 Terror Attacks Worldwide in 2015; 28,328 Deaths Due to Terror Attacks

By Susan Jones | June 3, 2016 | 5:44 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. State Department's annual Country Reports on Terrorism 2015, released on Thursday, counts 11,774 terrorist attacks in 92 countries last year, but it says that's an improvement over 2014.

"The total number of terrorist attacks in 2015 decreased by 13% and total deaths due to terrorist

attacks (28,328) decreased by 14%, compared to 2014," the report says. "This was largely due to fewer attacks and deaths in Iraq, Pakistan, and Nigeria. This represents the first decline in total terrorist attacks and deaths worldwide since 2012."

"Of the 28,328 people killed in terrorist attacks in 2015, 6,924 (24%) were perpetrators of terrorist attacks," the report says. "Perpetrators were killed intentionally in suicide attacks, accidentally while attempting to carry out attacks, or by security forces or victims responding to attacks.

"This is an 11% increase in the number of perpetrator deaths, compared to 2014," says the report.

The report also says the number of terrorist kidnappings and hostage-takings increased in 2015 to more than 12,100.

Although terrorist attacks took place in 92 countries in 2015, they were heavily concentrated geographically, the report says:

More than 55 percent of all attacks took place in five countries (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and Nigeria), and 74 percent of all deaths due to terrorist attacks took place in five countries (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Syria).

In several countries, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, the Philippines, Syria, and Turkey, terrorist attacks and total deaths increased in 2015.

Other findings:

-- While the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/ISIS) was responsible for 31 percent fewer terrorist attacks in Iraq, the number of attacks carried out by ISIL in Syria increased by 39 percent.

-- The geographic reach of attacks by ISIL and its affiliates expanded as several existing terrorist groups pledged allegiance to ISIL. In addition to Boko Haram in West Africa, the most active of these ISIL branches were located in Afghanistan/Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, and Yemen.

-- The most frequent targets of terrorist attacks in 2015 were private citizens and property (attacked in 63 countries), police (attacked in 58 countries), and general (non-diplomatic) government targets (attacked in 50 countries).

-- Attacks on airports and aircraft decreased by 60 percent last year; 23 airports or aircraft were targeted in 2015, down from 58 in 2014. However, other types of transportation were targeted more frequently in 2015.

--The most commonly used terror tactic in 2015 involved explosives (52 percent), followed by armed assaults (23 percent), which almost always involved firearms.

The State Department report notes that the global terrorist threat "continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse." It says terrorist groups continued to thrive in failed states, "where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked."

The report says ISIL/ISIS remained the greatest threat globally, although its capacity and territory began to "erode" in the second half of 2015. However, ISIL, along with al Qaeda and its various branches, "increased their focus on mass casualty attacks" in 2015. (This included attacks on international hotel chains in Burkina Faso, Mali, and Tunisia; other popular public locations; and the bombing of a Russian passenger plane.)

Iran remained the foremost state sponsor of terrorism in 2015, providing a range of support, including financial, training, and equipment, to groups around the world – particularly Hezbollah. The report also notes that Iran continued to be deeply involved in the conflict in Syria, working closely with the Assad regime to counter the Syrian opposition, and also in Iraq where Iran continued to provide support to (Shiite) militia groups.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:38:02 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline JustPassinThru

SoS I don't know much about but you do not get to be CEO of Exon if you are a light weight.

Ohhhh, yes you DO! Do you remember the lightweight who was head of BP when their platform was gushing oil?  A flaming liberal who was given the job FOR his leftist-kookism, probably in the hope that he could control his own people on the outside.  Or else the majority stockholders are leftist kooks too - which isn't that unusual.

Warren Buffet?  He's such a flaming lib he should be placarded.

Eddie Lampert?  Running Sears/Kmart into the ground.  Another kook who made his money as a crony financier.

There's plenty of other examples of KOOKS who've been promoted six levels beyond their arguable competence.  Including Barry Hussein and his Secretary of State.  Both of them, in fact.

I agree that SOME of his picks are quite solid.  Why there's no consistency, that concerns me.  It's as if he's trying to appease the Tea Party people who put him in...trying, but not very hard.  Because he himself is not a conservative.

Offline Chosen Daughter

US Attorney: Minnesota Has Terror Recruiting Problem

October 19, 2016 02:33 PM

Six Minnesota men who appeared in federal court Monday are charged with providing support to a terrorism organization, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

The men were arrested in Minnesota and California on Sunday.

Nineteen-year-old Zacharia Yusuf Abdurahman, 19-year-old Adnan Farah, 19-year-old Hanad Mustafe Musse and 20-year-old Guled Ali Omar were arrested in Minneapolis. Twenty-one-year-old Adirahman Yasin Daud and 21-year-old Mohamed Abdihamid Farah were arrested in San Diego. All six are Somali-American, the FBI said.

The charges and arrests are tied to the efforts of the six men to try to get to Syria to join the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

"We have a terror recruiting problem in Minnesota," U.S. Attorney for Minnesota Andrew Luger said at a news conference Monday. "This case demonstrates how difficult it is to put an end to recruiting here."

No evidence exists that men had any plans to conduct any terrorism acts in Minnesota, Luger said.

Luger said the six men charged Monday were making great efforts to try to get to Syria to join the Islamic State, a group that has been terrorizing and gaining ground in Syria, Iraq and other countries..........

http://kstp.com/news/us-attorney-minnesota-terror-recruiting-problem/3771370/

So I’m confused.  Should Iraq have a ban on Americans  (Somali’s leaving to join ISIS)?

http://www.mnactionnetwork.org/sen-norm-coleman-the-land-of-10000-terrorists/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

That is not fair or true.

I was Never Trump but he is my President.  I gave praise for his Nikki Haley nomination and the work they are doing in the UN.  I will give credit where I believe credit is due.  I think that the immigration ban makes us more at risk for terrorism.  It is impossible to know where a terrorist will come from.  They are already here in the United States.  They are in France, Germany, Britain, Sweden.  They are Somali youth living in Minnesota.  We have to fight what they want most.  What they want is to follow their oppressive Sharia law and they don't want to be ruled by the Constitution or our laws.  There are much better ways to make us safe.

Taking a look at the persecution of Christians around the world is terrifying and should be a concern to us all as well as looking at the take over of Europe by extremists that come in under the pretense of being a refugee.  Allowing those into this country from areas of known terrorism is sheer lunacy and would be endangering the lives and well-being of millions of Christians in this country. To ignore what has happened in Europe as a result of allowing refugees into that region is sheer stupidity.

Some documented facts:

* Worldwide the genocide of non-Muslims since the birth of Mohammed would be over 669 million murders.
* More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.
*The number of Christians martyred by Islam is 9 million [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10] .

* A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another 50 million died in wars by jihad.

* So counting the million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have:

* 59 million Christians in Asia Minor

* 80 million Christians killed by Muslims during 500 years in the Balkan states, Hungary, Ukraine, Russia.

* NO IDEOLOGY HAS BEEN AS GENOCIDAL AS ISLAM…

* NOR HAS ANY IDEOLOGY BEEN SO BLOODTHIRSTY FOR SO LONG. FOR CENTURIES…   NOR HAS ANY IDEOLOGY EVER BEEN AS ANTI-LIBERTY, ANTI-DEMOCRACY – OR AS ANTI-WOMAN.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/muslims-have-killed-over-590-million-non-muslims-since-the-birth-of-mohammed/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/644827/refugees-committed-crimes-Germany-migrant-crisis-last-year

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/opinion/can-germany-be-honest-about-its-refugee-problems.html?_r=0

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/analyst-europes-muslim-male-refugee-problem-and-why-its-dangerous/

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8668/migrant-problems-europe

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/cologne-is-every-day-europes-rape-epidemic/news-story/e2e618e17ad4400b5ed65045e65e141d

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/england-and-wales-over-56-of-syrian-refugees-committed-severe-crimes-in-less-than-a-year/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Taking a look at the persecution of Christians around the world is terrifying and should be a concern to us all as well as looking at the take over of Europe by extremists that come in under the pretense of being a refugee.  Allowing those into this country from areas of known terrorism is sheer lunacy and would be endangering the lives and well-being of millions of Christians in this country. To ignore what has happened in Europe as a result of allowing refugees into that region is sheer stupidity.

Some documented facts:

* Worldwide the genocide of non-Muslims since the birth of Mohammed would be over 669 million murders.
* More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.
*The number of Christians martyred by Islam is 9 million [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10] .

* A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another 50 million died in wars by jihad.

* So counting the million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have:

* 59 million Christians in Asia Minor

* 80 million Christians killed by Muslims during 500 years in the Balkan states, Hungary, Ukraine, Russia.

* NO IDEOLOGY HAS BEEN AS GENOCIDAL AS ISLAM…

* NOR HAS ANY IDEOLOGY BEEN SO BLOODTHIRSTY FOR SO LONG. FOR CENTURIES…   NOR HAS ANY IDEOLOGY EVER BEEN AS ANTI-LIBERTY, ANTI-DEMOCRACY – OR AS ANTI-WOMAN.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/muslims-have-killed-over-590-million-non-muslims-since-the-birth-of-mohammed/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/644827/refugees-committed-crimes-Germany-migrant-crisis-last-year

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/opinion/can-germany-be-honest-about-its-refugee-problems.html?_r=0

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/analyst-europes-muslim-male-refugee-problem-and-why-its-dangerous/

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8668/migrant-problems-europe

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/cologne-is-every-day-europes-rape-epidemic/news-story/e2e618e17ad4400b5ed65045e65e141d

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/england-and-wales-over-56-of-syrian-refugees-committed-severe-crimes-in-less-than-a-year/

Those are excellent and valid points but the ban makes no impact on keeping Americans safe.

7 countries.  Think about it.  Read your own information.  You mention Europe.  I have researched in depth.  Most terrorist attacks are terrorists already in the country.  In France alone there is a section of no go zone that has produced many of the terrorist that have attacked.  Did you read the information that I posted?

11,774 terrorist attacks in 92 countries last year.  92 countries.  Some of the biggies left off the ban are Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Pakistan.  Even still the terrorists are already in our country.  They are leaving to join ISIS.  Minnesota is a hell hole for young immigrants who are already extremists.

I have said this so many times.  ISIS is celebrating Trumps ban.  It sends a message to all youth or young men and women who are already visiting terrorist websites to fight.

Offline JustPassinThru

Those are excellent and valid points but the ban makes no impact on keeping Americans safe.

So, your argument is that since there are some Islamic terrorists IN, we should just say the hell with it and let any MORE in who want in?

That's not only crazy on the face of it; it ignores human dynamics.  Members of these cells do get arrested or blow themselves up; or otherwise become unavailable.

And they move back-and-forth.  Lest they actually become Americans, cut off from their mosques and mullahs.

And they ALWAYS want more help.  Ever hear of a general refusing reinforcements?  They want as many in as possible!  It's a numbers game - get the percentage high and then they can start their push to impose Sharia and influence courts.

7 countries.  Think about it.  Read your own information.  You mention Europe.  I have researched in depth.  Most terrorist attacks are terrorists already in the country.  In France alone there is a section of no go zone that has produced many of the terrorist that have attacked.  Did you read the information that I posted?

11,774 terrorist attacks in 92 countries last year.  92 countries.  Some of the biggies left off the ban are Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Pakistan.  Even still the terrorists are already in our country.  They are leaving to join ISIS.  Minnesota is a hell hole for young immigrants who are already extremists.

I have said this so many times.  ISIS is celebrating Trumps ban.  It sends a message to all youth or young men and women who are already visiting terrorist websites to fight.

Do you think the illiterate goatherders KNOW anything about this?  They riot when their mullahs order them to riot.  Most of them cannot read.  And they fully-well understand and accept authoritarianism - its how the whole of Middle East culture is set up.

They join ISIS because their lives are MISERABLE and there's Allah's House of Virgins awaiting if they can commit mass murder of Infidels while screaming "ALLAH DO SNACKBAR!!"

This, or other defensive measures by any country, doesn't affect them.  THEY ALREADY HATE US AND WANT TO COMMIT MASS MURDER ON US.  What, they're gonna hate us MORE?

What did the new American government do to anger the Islamic Barbary Pirates?  How about, JUST EXISTING?  Islam is a sham religion and a culture filled with hatred, just looking for someplace to project it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So, your argument is that since there are some Islamic terrorists IN, we should just say the hell with it and let any MORE in who want in?

That's not only crazy on the face of it; it ignores human dynamics.  Members of these cells do get arrested or blow themselves up; or otherwise become unavailable.

And they move back-and-forth.  Lest they actually become Americans, cut off from their mosques and mullahs.

And they ALWAYS want more help.  Ever hear of a general refusing reinforcements?  They want as many in as possible!  It's a numbers game - get the percentage high and then they can start their push to impose Sharia and influence courts.

Do you think the illiterate goatherders KNOW anything about this?  They riot when their mullahs order them to riot.  Most of them cannot read.  And they fully-well understand and accept authoritarianism - its how the whole of Middle East culture is set up.

They join ISIS because their lives are MISERABLE and there's Allah's House of Virgins awaiting if they can commit mass murder of Infidels while screaming "ALLAH DO SNACKBAR!!"

This, or other defensive measures by any country, doesn't affect them.  THEY ALREADY HATE US AND WANT TO COMMIT MASS MURDER ON US.  What, they're gonna hate us MORE?

What did the new American government do to anger the Islamic Barbary Pirates?  How about, JUST EXISTING?  Islam is a sham religion and a culture filled with hatred, just looking for someplace to project it.

Well said. Going to take exception to one point though.  :tongue2:

Don't go making the mistake of dismissing them as illiterate goat herders. They are far from that.

Stop thinking this:

And start thinking this: 

The habit of diminishing or dismissing the enemy is as old as combat - and has always been foolish.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

There are already 5 states that have passed law against foreign law just because of this.  I have posted on Texas where one lawmaker was Islamic but fortunately it was 4 to 1 vote.  You have to make them uncomfortable in our country.  They are moving into Europe because they are allowing Sharia Law.  Our Constitution is not compatible and it isn't a religious freedom to have foreign law.  I don't see our government doing anything to combat the extremists already here. 

I think you are the crazy one thinking that a ban on 7 countries is going to do anything.  Its like fencing in the cows and leaving the bull pen open.

Offline JustPassinThru

I guess every board gets some fake-poster out of some mosque somewhere...

Offline JustPassinThru

Well said. Going to take exception to one point though.  :tongue2:

Don't go making the mistake of dismissing them as illiterate goat herders. They are far from that.

Stop thinking this:

And start thinking this: 

The habit of diminishing or dismissing the enemy is as old as combat - and has always been foolish.

Marching doesn't take education.

OUR troops are educated; but America is exceptional in many ways.  Our forces don't loot; they don't rape; and they don't settle in for imperial conquest.

I would bet you that most of those bodies marching in that picture ARE illiterate; and while they're doing their drilling, they're dreaming of that cute little goat on the edge of the base...for after lights-out.

Offline libertybele

What message would that be?  That terrorism is wanted?  That we will allow our country to remain at risk like Europe? Or does it send a message that we have learned from Europe?  What is dangerous is failing to recognize that terrorism is an eminent threat to our country and standing by and doing nothing puts a target on our back.  ISIS is in our neighborhoods, that is a given. Islam and Sharia law is already creeping into our society.  To sit back and do nothing because they are already here is incomprehensible. We need to act before they have such a strong foothold on this country that we're faced with the rapes, attacks and murders on Christians on a widespread basis. I should have added that I think President Trump's ban doesn't go nearly far enough; he should declare a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country (therefore we would not be accused of selective immigration) until we secure our borders, build a wall, tweak our immigration laws, structure more reinforcement and get a handle on who is here and who wants to come here.  Then it can be decided who should and shouldn't be allowed into this country.  Again, I strongly believe that letting people into this country from areas of known terrorism is crazy, ridiculous and sheer lunacy!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Do you have a link it looks like a big box on my screen.  So I watched it and it increases my opinion that the travel ban makes us less safe.  It has enraged the people of Iraq and I recently read that it has emboldened ISIS.

Oh got it now.

So I watched it.  It proves to me that the travel ban has enraged the people of Iraq.  It has emboldened ISIS.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2017/0209/Is-Trump-s-travel-ban-really-a-blessed-ban-for-ISIS

So I believe even more so that the ban is dangerous to Americans.  Here and abroad.  And as Hannity questions how do you know what is in a persons heart?  We don't.  But our intelligence should know what is happening in terrorist chat rooms.

Oh, no.  How could this happen?  Iran is enraged?  Isis plans attacks? 

Prior to this ban, Iran was peaceful and had nothing but good feelings for us and Isis was only planning outings and birthday parties.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Oh, no.  How could this happen?  Iran is enraged?  Isis plans attacks? 

Prior to this ban, Iran was peaceful and had nothing but good feelings for us and Isis was only planning outings and birthday parties.

Exactly.  It is no secret and 'they' themselves have made it very clear "Death to America".  It just doesn't get any clearer than that!

Offline anubias

It's interesting, that you and I, and a few others...who declined to cheerlead for Trump based on objective facts...are now roundly beaten as DEFENDERS.

I guess what the turn of events have done, is glean the covert Hillarites from the those who were bothered by Trump but who now accept that the election is over.  Who understood that in November he was the better option.

These are my thoughts as well.  At least they are now actively out in the open for all to see as they have finally overplayed their hands.  They've actually done more to help Trump than hurt as it is so extreme that it has gained him sympathy.  I doubt many pay attention to anything they say anymore.  They are to be ignored as spewing leftist garbage appears to be acceptable on this site as long as one professes himself to be Conservative when doing it.

Offline anubias

It is part of the site's business strategy, and the owner is one of the main posters of said opinion articles from known liberal sources.

Keeps the #nevertrumpers happy.

You gotta eat all your spinach, to get dessert.

So eat all of your Politico, WaPo, NYT and don't complain.

I have not noticed this to be the case.  I think it is more of trying to feed articles to all as we aren't posting enough ourselves.  I would wager that she posts more pro-Trump articles than anti.  I have yet to see her post absolute garbage repeatedly as some of the NTs and flaming leftists here post since the election.  I think you are being a bit unfair with this post.  I understand your frustration though.  There are times that I come here and wonder why I bothered after reading screed after BS screed.

On the other hand, I've tried going to TOS when I'm tired of reading the BS here and can't abide the worship and in-fighting over there either.  I have no solution other than to put them all on ignore that isn't much of a solution, but the best I have for myself.  I think the Leftist posts are propoganda meant for the lurkers that do not have the ignore feature as we do.  It's demoralizing, but what else can one do?  I'm not going to fuss with the fools with every post they make.  Let them continue to make fools of themselves.   :shrug:

Offline corbe

Conservatives who dislike Trump don't do themselves any favors by attacking him based on half this crap that has little or no credibility.

It's (did I use that right?) getting harder to tell too what is legit and what is not, BUT we as an informed group of people can discern what is and what is NOT, no need for any type of censorship.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
   Conservatives who dislike Trump don't do themselves any favors by attacking him based on half this crap that has little or no credibility.

Remember Barger's Law (as in Sonny Barger, once the maximum president of the Hell's Angels): There ain't much good you
can write about us but I don't see where that gives people the right to make up stuff. All that bullsh!t, hell, ain't the truth
bad enough for 'em?

It's (did I use that right?) getting harder to tell too what is legit and what is not, BUT we as an informed group of people can discern what is and what is NOT, no need for any type of censorship.

The thing to beware otherwise, of course, is whether something is "fake news" because it is fake news, or whether it's
"fake news" because it's news one simply doesn't wish to hear or read. Is it "fake news" because it is truly fake (I know,
that word pair does sound like "promiscuously celibate"), or is it "fake news" because it contradicts something one believes
or wishes to be otherwise? Kind of like a cry of "judicial tyranny" not because a court truly did overstep its lawful bound but
because a court ruled other than the way one preferred it to rule?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:20:23 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline corbe

The thing to beware otherwise, of course, is whether something is "fake news" because it is fake news, or whether it's
"fake news" because it's news one simply doesn't wish to hear or read. Is it "fake news" because it is truly fake (I know,
that word pair does sound like "promiscuously celibate"), or is it "fake news" because it contradicts something one believes
or wishes to be otherwise? Kind of like a cry of "judicial tyranny" not because a court truly did overstep its lawful bound but
because a court ruled other than the way one preferred it to rule?

:thumbsup:

I get that, and it cuts both ways the Trump Administration is in overdrive releasing their own 'flavor' of FAKE news, as most Administrations do, which is just as caustic.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did you read the article?
Yes, I did. and I noticed this bit about the writer:
Matthew Miller is a partner at Vianovo and the former Director of the Office of Public Affairs at the Justice Department.
(emphasis mine).

While Trump does leave himself to predictable accusations of being disorganized and "not knowing how things are supposed to work' in D.C. I find it ironic that those accusations come from a former Director of the Office of Public Affairs at the DOJ (Eric Holder's spokesman).

I must note that the transition isn't the well oiled static line jumper stack at the ramp, but instead the typical GOP transition team without the Congress on line and ready to dive in and get to work. Typically, the Dems have their legislation written up and ready to go anyway, but especially when they have a fellow traveler with a pen. The GOP, not so much. In fact, for the most part, not at all. Without the necessary Congressional support, without the bills going across the desk, Trump's ability to accomplish things will be limited.

He needs to clear out holdover staff until the leaks stop. The media getting things before he can announce them reeks of a level of porosity and permeability that would be the envy of a petroleum reservoir engineer, but is lethal in a policymaking environment.

As for the article, well slathered with inflammatory rhetoric (expected from a Holder holdover), there are a couple of good points, but I think they are mostly overblown.

Trump needs to seal the leaks, work with the Congress and advisors, and get something done right.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

IMHO The Trump EO on immigration was sound legally just rolled out poorly and the unhinged left latched onto it and used his mistake to their advantage, just as they're gonna do with this Flynn crap, nurse it till the damn thing dies or Trump replaces this distraction with another, which is more plausible. 
   He sure has kept these idiots overwhelmed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Marching doesn't take education.

OUR troops are educated; but America is exceptional in many ways.  Our forces don't loot; they don't rape; and they don't settle in for imperial conquest.

I would bet you that most of those bodies marching in that picture ARE illiterate; and while they're doing their drilling, they're dreaming of that cute little goat on the edge of the base...for after lights-out.
Marching may not take intelligence, but it does take discipline and the ability to follow orders. One intelligent guy uses the rest as a force multiplier to carry out his plan.
Consider discipline, where in the Iran/Iraq war the indoctrinated half-wits were told to roll their bodies through minefields to clear mines, and they did. 
When your opponent really doesn't give a rat's ass about tomorrow except to spend it basking in his deity's beneficence and the company of those 72 virgins, he can accomplish a lot. He is not only unafraid to die, he welcomes it.
Now, that is one thing to face on a battlefield (think Banzai charges on Saipan), but scattered throughout a civilian population often as ignorant of terrorist tactics as those goat herders you decry are ignorant of quantum mechanics, it's a recipe for disaster. Keeping them out is important, if only to slow the growth of the enclaves already here and gain time to track their activities down before they come to fruition.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald