Author Topic: Youth stampede at Summersault Festival in Caroline Springs (Sudanese immigrants - mayhem in Australia)  (Read 832 times)

Online mountaineer

Youth stampede at Summersault Festival in Caroline Springs
RIANNA TRAVERS AND DAVID HURLEY, Herald Sun
February 12, 2017 6:39am
POLICE are hunting a gang of dozens of Sudanese youths who stole phones, wallets and bags in a Moomba-style rampage through a family festival on Saturday night.

The brazen group gathered at the Summersault Festival at Caroline Springs almost two hours before fireworks started, then punched and kicked their way through, stealing personal belongings about 10pm.

Debbie Tesoriero, mother of Jack, 16, got a call saying her son had been injured. It’s believed the Lake View Senior College student was jumped on and punch­ed by a group of youths who stole his mobile phone outside Caroline Springs police station. Jack has no recollection of the attack; his family are trying to work out what happened.

“He was just an innocent bystander,” Ms Tesoriero said. “We’re very fortunate it wasn’t worse. As a parent this is terrifying.”

Victoria Police couldn’t reveal police numbers at the festival for “operational reasons”, but a spokeswoman said they were investigating a group of youths who ran through the crowd, snatching phones from people’s hands while they were filming the fireworks.

“Six people have reported their mobile phone being stolen and two reports of assault has been made,” she said.

Caroline Springs residents criticised a lacklustre police presence at the event, saying there were no more than six ­officers on patrol, despite ­thousands of people attending. Tom, 16, said his friend was kicked in the head by one of the youths, who “then jumped on him and stole his phone”.

“There were hardly any police there and security just sat there and did nothing.”

Shannon, 17, got “hit out of nowhere” and needed an overnight stay in hospital for six stitches to a gash on his chin. “I was just there with my mates and then next thing I was being kicked in the back of my head on the ground ... I’m harmless,” he said.

Melton City Council acting chief Maurie Heaney said ­“security and police were present on site until large crowd numbers vacated” the event.

An anonymous mum said the gang was intimidating. “They have no fear. There’s a police station right next door, but it doesn’t seem to deter them,” she said. “Once the fireworks started it was like the Running of the Bulls.”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Revellers attacked, robbed as rampaging teens storm festival

7News Melbourne on February 12, 2017, 6:45 pm

Dozens of young men have run riot through a community festival in Melbourne’s west, stealing phones and knocking over parents and children.

The rampaging teenagers, of African appearance, left families in fear and furious.

As families settled in to enjoy the fireworks, what was a pleasant evening descended into chaos.

Witnesses say up to 70 teenagers ran through the crowd at the Caroline Springs Summersault Festival, stealing people’s phones as they held them up to film the event.

“It was hectic, out of nowhere,” witness Joe Cuic said.  ...

More, including video, at Au.News.Yahoo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Youth stampede at Summersault Festival in Caroline Springs
RIANNA TRAVERS AND DAVID HURLEY, Herald Sun
February 12, 2017 6:39am
So youths equal mooselims and teenagers probably means up to thirty something.