Author Topic: Michael Flynn Scandal: Emerging Ties To Russia Could Lead To Trump’s Impeachment  (Read 542 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Michael Flynn’s growing connections to Russia are blowing up as a scandal that could sink the key White House adviser — and potentially lead to Donald Trump’s impeachment.

Flynn, who serves as Trump’s national security adviser, reportedly had conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the United States before Trump regarding American sanctions on Russia. The conversations, which Flynn had originally told The Washington Post did not include the sanctions put in place by Barack Obama in response to Russia’s involvement in the 2016 presidential campaign, now appear to have hit directly on that topic.

Michael Flynn seems to be backtracking on his initial denials, which The Washington Post noted looks very bad for the White House.

“On Thursday, Flynn told The Post — through a spokesman! — that, well, who could say what he and Kislyak talked about. Flynn ‘indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up,’ the spokesman said.

“That’s, um, bad. It strains credulity that on Wednesday, Flynn could issue a flat denial about conversations he had with Kislyak, but on Thursday, suddenly his memory of those conversations changed.”

And The Washington Post goes into more detail, speaking to nine intelligence officials who said Michael Flynn made explicit references to the Russian sanctions, telling the ambassador “not to overreact to the penalties imposed by President Barack Obama,” and that Trump’s administration would review the sanctions.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3970228/michael-flynn-scandal-emerging-ties-to-russia-could-lead-to-trumps-impeachment/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley