Author Topic: The psychiatrist who wrote the guide to personality disorders says diagnosing Trump is ...  (Read 11231 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No one gives a damn what you are "fairly sure of" @Victoria33  If you are going to spread your opinion as clinical gospel like a virus on this forum, provide a link that supports your "fair surety" -- or STHU about it.

I think this is a reasonable request @mystery-ak .  Do you agree?

Victoria is entitled to her opinion of Pres Trump...if she was talking about a member here I would take action.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
I have to say.... I think you handled that lame attempt to stifle free speech from one of the usual suspects really, really well, Quix.  You're a born diplomat.  Kudos.

What precious sweetness. THANKS THANKS.

I had to laugh . . . at your kind words compared to my lifetime of typically rushing in where angels fear to tread; being  a bull in a china shop; being far too overbearing in far too many situations for too many decades.

However, even at 70, I'm trying hard to become more  Christlike and to more than my decades of effort--to truly do unto others as I"d prefer done unto me.

Besides, I really like Victoria33!

And, she may be more right about Trump than I am. I just doubt it. LOL.

I'll long remember your kind words. I've virtually never been called diplomatic! LOL.

MAYBE I'm learning something in my old age.

PTL.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
FWIW, I specifically pinged @Victoria33 to this thread when I posted it because I value her knowledge and insight on the matter. As well as the insights of the other people posting.

As I have said I consider information to be neither good or bad.  Doesn't matter the source. It it how you process information that counts.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Also FWIW I PMed the OWNER of this site before I posted this, thus the edited title.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Quix
@roamer_1
@Suppressed

Quix, I think you still don't understand what I am saying.  I'm fairly sure he has a learning disability based on his father's words about his behavior when he was a very small child until he shipped him off to military school to try to change his behavior - that is what the father said.  Then, I saw the verbal disability at work  during his campaign speeches, knew he had a fourth grade vocabulary and that wouldn't happen without a learning disability present. 

He knows he is defective (learning disability), and he attacks others constantly to prove he is not defective, make them smaller than he is (just like he physically attacked his music teacher when he was in the fifth grade; after that, he moved from physical attacking to verbal attacking).  His attacking consumes him, he MUST do it.  He will do it to world leaders because he MUST to keep proving he is the best, not defective.  The problem is, he can never prove he is the best - he will keep trying until his life ends.  As a private person, no one would care what he does.  However, being president puts the country at risk.

What professional qualification do you now, or did you ever hold in the field in question?

MD
PhD
MS
BS
RN
Other

...you get the jist
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Quix

What professional qualification do you now, or did you ever hold in the field in question?

MD
PhD
MS
BS
RN
Other

...you get the jist

I'm sure @Victoria33 will speak better for herself.

I understand she has a PhD. I don't know specifically in what.

My own is in Clinical Psych.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:05:09 am by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

MD
PhD
MS
BS
RN
Other

...you get the jist

In the interests of fairness (I happen to know @Victoria33 's qualifications, both paper and practical), since you wish to dispute her opinion - what qualifications do you have in this field?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

As our resident proctologist, Have you ever considered looking for your head in its most likely place?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:18:08 am by Wingnut »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
In the interests of fairness (I happen to know @Victoria33 's qualifications, both paper and practical), since you wish to dispute her opinion - what qualifications do you have in this field?

I don't care what her qualifications are - she is way off base in her diagnosis!  Besides - I see PhD's all over the tv set spewing their garbage - some of the most arrogant and wrong-headed ivory tower inhabitants you will ever meet. 

Pffft!!!! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
As our resident proctologist, Have you ever considered looking for your head in its most likely place?

Weird. I was outside smoking a cigarette just now and had the thought "We need a Proctologist" on this thread. I came in to reply as such and here one is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:37:45 am by bigheadfred »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't care what her qualifications are - she is way off base in her diagnosis!  Besides - I see PhD's all over the tv set spewing their garbage - some of the most arrogant and wrong-headed ivory tower inhabitants you will ever meet. 

Pffft!!!! 

Ok. Your turn.  Your studied analysis. If this involves ass-kissing please venture upthread.

Offline truth_seeker

I claimed no expertise. My request was reasonable. It was multiple choice.

Offline alicewonders

Ok. Your turn.  Your studied analysis. If this involves ass-kissing please venture upthread.

I don't need to do a studied analysis - all I need is to watch him win, again and again.  All I need to do is watch him be accused of "really screwing up THIS time" - and watch him win, again and again.  I don't need no highfalutin edjumacation to see that!  I never heard he was dyslexic until here - and if he IS - big deal!  He made it to be president.....I wish I was as "mentally challenged" as some of these   ****** (self-edited) people accuse him of being!  Seriously! 

And besides, I've read that JFK was dyslexic - you would think you would be impressed by someone that would have that challenge to overcome and would go on to be President of the United States.

I think Trump needs all of the support he can get right now - he is fighting so many fronts!  He is trying to do what he promised to do - and some people here just want to keep using Left-wing crap and loopty-loop "diagnosis" on how crazy he is.  They are no different than what I hear on the liberal lyin' media. 

Offline truth_seeker

I don't need to do a studied analysis - all I need is to watch him win, again and again.  All I need to do is watch him be accused of "really screwing up THIS time" - and watch him win, again and again.  I don't need no highfalutin edjumacation to see that!  I never heard he was dyslexic until here - and if he IS - big deal!  He made it to be president.....I wish I was as "mentally challenged" as some of these   ****** (self-edited) people accuse him of being!  Seriously! 

And besides, I've read that JFK was dyslexic - you would think you would be impressed by someone that would have that challenge to overcome and would go on to be President of the United States.

I think Trump needs all of the support he can get right now - he is fighting so many fronts!  He is trying to do what he promised to do - and some people here just want to keep using Left-wing crap and loopty-loop "diagnosis" on how crazy he is.  They are no different than what I hear on the liberal lyin' media.
I have heard that JFK was on multiple meds, perhaps including narcotic pain meds. Opioids as we now call them. Mind altering.

Trump takes no drugs, no nicotine (which is a stimulant) no alcohol.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't need to do a studied analysis - all I need is to watch him win, again and again.  All I need to do is watch him be accused of "really screwing up THIS time" - and watch him win, again and again.
Is that all that matters? Winning?

If that's all that matters, go watch a Patriots game.

And may God have mercy on anyone who thinks like that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In the interest of fairness, I've heard psychologists say you can't evaluate someone you are not personally meeting with, off of tv appearances, I thought there was even a thread here on that.

Let's hear what Dr. Trump has to say:

@EC @Victoria33

The same Victoria33 that claimed Trump was a trojan horse for Clinton, the same Victoria33 making what sounded like a blanket claim that people in the UK saw Trump as a laughing stock just today?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I claimed no expertise. My request was reasonable. It was multiple choice.
@truth_seeker

With all due respect to everyone, I'd say someone who has made a point to trash Trump often as even today, with signatures calls their own judgement on the matter into question.

If this was someone who appeared rather unbiased, maybe the scenario would be different.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ENOUGH!.....Victoria is entitled to her opinion and is free to discuss it here.

No one is entitled to disparage another member and/or question their credentials..I don't think anyone here wants to start that precedent!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

In the interest of fairness, I've heard psychologists say you can't evaluate someone you are not personally meeting with, off of tv appearances, I thought there was even a thread here on that.

Let's hear what Dr. Trump has to say:

@EC @Victoria33

The same Victoria33 that claimed Trump was a trojan horse for Clinton, the same Victoria33 making what sounded like a blanket claim that people in the UK saw Trump as a laughing stock just today?

:hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

With all due respect to everyone, I'd say someone who has made a point to trash Trump often as even today, with signatures calls their own judgement on the matter into question.

If this was someone who appeared rather unbiased, maybe the scenario would be different.

My opinion is Trump is attempting to do the many/most things real conservatives have asked for, for years and years.

His detractors here, seem to be the ones with mental issues.

(Since we can have our opinions about mental issues, without having qualification for same.)

Offline Quix

I understand that many people get quite emotional discussing much of anything related to Trump--particularly his fit, sanity etc. for the job of President.

The complexities, imho, are far too great for much of anyone--professional, or not--to be dogmatic, rigid, harsh, arrogant, smug, &/or accusatory of other perspectives, or posters.

NONE of us have ALL the objective facts.

NONE of us are 100% free of bias, flawed perceptions etc.

imho, there is NO need to hazard or trouble the collegial atmosphere that is the hallmark of TBR. We are all sufficiently bright and sufficiently educated in the English language to be able to communicate our perspectives without resorting to assaultiveness toward other members/posters.

1. Verbally assaulting other posters does NOT help one's argument.

2. It merely leaves one looking more like a low class jerk than a thoughtful contributor.

3. Humility demonstrating that none of us 'knows it all' is a much better tone and stance for all of us.

4. There is no need to corrupt, trash this thread. That's bothersome to all of us and particularly @mystery-ak and the MODS.

5. Civility is worth it. If we can't post in a civil, mutually respectful way and tone, perhaps it's time to step away from the keyboard and walk the dog; kiss the spouse; hug the kids; go out for pizza etc.

imho.

Offline Quix

ENOUGH!.....Victoria is entitled to her opinion and is free to discuss it here.

No one is entitled to disparage another member and/or question their credentials..I don't think anyone here wants to start that precedent!

THANK YOU.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Here is how I look at it. I'll keep it in this century.

George Bush was one of the worst presidents this country has ever had. He did great harm. Followed by obama who led this country into the realm of insanity. Not to the brink of it. Into insanity itself. By proof I point to the extreme polarization of Americans, examples of which can be found on this thread.

This country needs a healing hand. It needs a leader it can trust. Donald trump has done nothing to garner my trust. Becoming POTUS doesn't automatically make him trustworthy. His erratic behavior(s) lessen the chance of him gaining my trust. His manner is cause for my concern. I do understand that many of his actions are going to flat piss people off. But I have the great expectation of him producing results in a more astute manner than acting like a spoiled rich two-year old run amuck in a candy store.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:47:41 am by bigheadfred »

Offline truth_seeker

Here is how I look at it. I'll keep it in this century.

George Bush was one of the worst presidents this country has ever had. He did great harm. Followed by obama who led this country into the realm of insanity. Not to the brink of it. Into insanity itself. By proof I point to the extreme polarization of Americans, examples of which can be found on this thread.

This country needs a healing hand. It needs a leader it can trust. Donald trump has done nothing to garner my trust. Becoming POTUS doesn't automatically make him trustworthy. His erratic behavior(s) lessen the chance of him gaining my trust. His manner is cause for my concern. I do understand that many of his actions are going to flat piss people off. But I have the great expectation of him producing results in a more astute manner than acting like a spoiled rich two-year old rum amuck in a candy store.
Are you old enough to have lived through the 60s-70s Vietnam era?

Tell me about the healing hand then? I say it didn't come until Reagan, years later.....when the country was way tired of leftist bs.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Are you old enough to have lived through the 60s-70s Vietnam era?

Tell me about the healing hand then? I say it didn't come until Reagan, years later.....when the country was way tired of leftist bs.

I was 14 when that ended. Old enough to remember quite a bit of it. I would say that the country wasn't tired only of the leftist bs, but of the damage done to the trust destroyed by Nixon. Ford was merely a stand-in and Carter far too weak to have anything but a more deleterious effect. Reagan did a good job. And yes as that healing hand.

Zip forward to the present and I have the hope that somehow President Trump can aim towards that healing hand. But more as a surgeon cutting away the cancer than a backroom abortionist.