Author Topic: Gorsuch’s criticism of Trump may be winning him Democratic support  (Read 868 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Senate Democrats sent mixed signals the day after Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch expressed concerns about President Trump’s attacks on the federal judiciary — a sign that the judge’s comments could attract some badly needed Democratic support.

“To whisper to a senator but to refuse to say anything public is not close to a good enough show on independence. So from my view, not a good start for Judge Gorsuch. Not a good start,” said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), speaking on the Senate floor.

But Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, struck a more positive note about Gorsuch’s remarks, which came in a meeting with Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).

“I for one appreciated them,” Feinstein said. “I think he was being truthful as to how he felt about it. And that was very much appreciated.” She said she wanted Gorsuch to have a “fair hearing process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/gorsuchs-criticism-of-trump-may-be-winning-him-democratic-support/2017/02/09/03768a0e-ef20-11e6-9662-6eedf1627882_story.html?postshare=6821486696352374&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.5316ac3c4ff6
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline beandog

Re: Gorsuch’s criticism of Trump may be winning him Democratic support
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:48:58 am »
Sure it is. :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 02:18:19 am »
What a load of b.s.  The liberals voted for Gorsuch the last time around on his seat to the 10th district court.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 02:20:32 am »
more like "percieved criticism"

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 02:24:41 am »
“Doesn’t that make you concerned that Judge Gorsuch might be the kind of justice then who would want to please the editorial boards of the New York Times and The Washington Post when a hot-button issue comes up? That crossed my mind last night, didn’t make me happy to hear it at all,” conservative commentator Laura Ingraham said Thursday on her radio program.

Better to ask these questions now than to pass it to find out what is in it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 02:40:19 am »
Gorsuch’s criticism of Trump may be winning him Democratic support

I always assumed that was exactly why he did it.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 02:49:58 am »

I always assumed that was exactly why he did it.

Do you think we are being suckered?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:22:49 pm »
“Doesn’t that make you concerned that Judge Gorsuch might be the kind of justice then who would want to please the editorial boards of the New York Times and The Washington Post when a hot-button issue comes up? That crossed my mind last night, didn’t make me happy to hear it at all,” conservative commentator Laura Ingraham said Thursday on her radio program.

Why should I give a damn what Laura Ingraham says?? Or any other talk show host??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »

Why should I give a damn what Laura Ingraham says?? Or any other talk show host??

Talk radio is God to these folks.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 01:36:07 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 01:54:46 pm »

Are you implying that you think Gorsuch is a good pick? And if so are you relying on the opinion of that guy in the White house or your own research?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 02:29:39 pm »
Are you implying that you think Gorsuch is a good pick? And if so are you relying on the opinion of that guy in the White house or your own research?

From what I have heard and read about Gorsuch, he seems like a legit pick who is an Constitutionalist.  Basically someone who is an independent and respects the separation of powers.. 

I made up my own mind also my advice is that you make up your own mind instead of Talk Radio..

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 02:39:29 pm »

From what I have heard and read about Gorsuch, he seems like a legit pick who is an Constitutionalist.  Basically someone who is an independent and respects the separation of powers.. 

I made up my own mind also my advice is that you make up your own mind instead of Talk Radio..

I'm still on the fence about Gorush. I don't listen to the radio talk or the tv talk. I'm pretty much relying on people like me to investigate what is being said by the nominee. And about the nominee, by people like you...

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 03:28:50 pm »

Talk radio is God to these folks.
What a truly stupid thing to say.  Even though I'm not a fan of Laura she has done as much, if not more, in her life for conservatism than Charles Krauthammer, who you seem to "worship".  If simply posting the opinion of someone for thought or discussion means "worshipping" then there's a lot of that going on around here. **nononono*