Author Topic: White House Suddenly Removes Head Cybersecurity Officer  (Read 398 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House Suddenly Removes Head Cybersecurity Officer
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:15:45 pm »
White House Suddenly Removes Head Cybersecurity Officer
Daily Caller, Feb 10, 2017, Eric Lieberman

Cory Louie, the White House’s now former chief cybersecurity officer, was reportedly removed from his position.

Louie “was forced to resign,” according to an editor at The Atlantic, who was the first to report his exit, despite initially saying that he was a member of the Secret Service. The story was apparently corroborated by ZDNet, who spoke to unnamed sources on the matter.

When the Trump administration took office, Louie remained at his post, despite several other senior cybersecurity officials resigning.

The White House has not commented on the abrupt and surreptitious purge of Louie. Remaining staff members have stayed quiet (for the most part) because they feel as if they have “targets on their back,” one source told ZDNet.

Former President Barack Obama created the role of Federal Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in 2016 as part of his cybersecurity national action plan. The CISO is tasked with protecting the White House’s staff from virtual threats, while also driving “cybersecurity policy, planning and implementation across the Government.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/10/white-house-suddenly-removes-head-cybersecurity-officer/#ixzz4YK6KN8uJ

Wingnut

Re: White House Suddenly Removes Head Cybersecurity Officer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24:28 pm »
Accusations of poor management were said to be reasons or excuses for his forced departure amid what was described as a "toxic" working environment.

Sounds like he was a shitty boss.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:23 am »
Sounds like he was a shitty boss.

Sounds like he a fly on the wall for his old one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:34:31 am »
Sometimes, they will routinely give false information to a suspected leaker and wait for the news cycle to catch up.

Could be what happened here.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 01:42:33 am »
Sometimes, they will routinely give false information to a suspected leaker and wait for the news cycle to catch up.

Could be what happened here.

If that is the case who do you think his handler is? Hillary or obama?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley