Author Topic: Meet the New White House Social Secretary  (Read 826 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Meet the New White House Social Secretary
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »
Meet the New White House Social Secretary
Cosmopolitan via Yahoo, Feb 10, 2017, Helin Jung

On Feb. 8, first lady Melania Trump announced the hire of Anna Cristina Niceta Lloyd as the new White House social secretary, adding a third key person to her staff. The social secretary plans events ranging from casual (the White House Easter egg roll) to extremely formal (state dinners). The Washington Post, in a profile of the last White House social secretary, Deesha Dyer, explained that the role "has historically been the province of upper-class white women with pedigree, connections, and political networks."

Niceta Lloyd, who is 46 and goes by Rickie, has those distinctions. She was also chosen in part because her "entertaining style perfectly aligns with that of the First Lady," according to a White House statement. Trump said in the statement that she is "looking forward to sharing my ideas and traditions of entertaining and social hospitality to America's house, my new home as well. That, along with Rickie's vast experience, I am even more excited."

Read more:  https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/meet-white-house-social-secretary-165757376.html