Author Topic: WEDDING FROM HELL Couple left distraught after dream £25,000 Cuba wedding turns to disaster when hotel roof COLLAPSED leaving bride permanently scarred and groom with broken ribs  (Read 925 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
WEDDING FROM HELL Couple left distraught after dream £25,000 Cuba wedding turns to disaster when hotel roof COLLAPSED leaving bride permanently scarred and groom with broken ribs

Sarah and John Wenham were both injured the day before the wedding of their dreams

A BRIDE and groom had their dream wedding destroyed after the roof of their hotel lobby collapsed – trapping their family and guests under debris.

Sarah and John Wenham had saved for years for ‘the wedding of their dreams’ in Cuba, costing more than £25,000 for themselves and 24 guests.

But they were left fearing for their lives when the lobby roof at Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel, in Cuba, suddenly buckled and collapsed – trapping them underneath and injuring many members of the wedding party, including the bride.

Sarah, 35, said: “We were just about to meet with hotel staff to discuss our wedding plans in the lobby, when John pointed out the ceiling as it started to move.

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2813967/cuba-wedding-roof-collapse/

Offline Mom MD

Where to start.... booking an extravagant wedding in a 3rd world country -- what could go wrong?  In addition why are you spending that much on a ridiculously expensive white dress wedding when your oldest child is 9???  a quite ceremony in front of a judge and saving your money for your children's college education would be more appropriate. 
God is still in control

Offline Frank Cannon

I was told this rat hole Cuba had the best health care in the world. These sutures look like they were done by a blind man.

That won't leave a scare, will it?

Offline r9etb

Where to start.... booking an extravagant wedding in a 3rd world country -- what could go wrong?  In addition why are you spending that much on a ridiculously expensive white dress wedding when your oldest child is 9???  a quite ceremony in front of a judge and saving your money for your children's college education would be more appropriate.

The idyllic Syrian honeymoon will make up for it.

Offline Suppressed

Cuba: most definitely 2nd World.  They were big allies of the USSR.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LadyLiberty

Canadians have told me that Cuba is a good vacation spot when you want some warmth during the winter and need to do it on the cheap.  However, you definitely need to go with managed expectations.  They say that the beaches are beautiful and the service is excellent, but when it comes to food it's not so great and the facilities need some TLC (hence a ceiling collapse).  One told me that it was the only AI vacation on which they lost weight.  Another told me that some Cubans of a certain class are allowed to stay at a local rate and they had to compete with the Cubans for food at the buffet.  Instead of picking up a plate and walking the buffet line and choosing what they wanted, Cubans would pick up entire platters and bring them back to their tables.  Whole platters of cold cuts, cheese, whatever.

Spending that much money on a wedding in Cuba when they already have a nine year old?  Should have been a small family affair followed by a nice holiday for just the two of them.  But then I also don't understand re-commitment or re-tie the knot ceremonies.  People spend big bucks on those, too, white dress and all.  Some of our friends invited us to theirs in a Caribbean destination and it would have cost us several thousand just to go -- when they are already married!  I suspect that the more that joined them, the deeper the discount on their room.  I tell hubby (and he agrees) that how can one re-commit unless they've become uncommitted? How can you re-tie a knot that hasn't come untied?

Offline dfwgator

Canadians have told me that Cuba is a good vacation spot when you want some warmth during the winter and need to do it on the cheap.   

What's wrong with Fort Lauderdale?  Heck when I lived there it seemed half of Canada was there for the Winter.

Wingnut

I was told this rat hole Cuba had the best health care in the world. These sutures look like they were done by a blind man.

That won't leave a scare, will it?

Apply a little Zaino after clay barring the area and that will buff right out.