Author Topic: Florida GOP seeks deathblow to sanctuary cities: 'We are a nation of rules'  (Read 405 times)

Online libertybele

I hope they stand strong ... we've been dealing with a huge illegal problem for years.  Many self-deported when the economy tanked here, but we have plenty.  I'm hoping President Trump will build the wall and start deportation; starting with our jails. The last thing we need is sanctuary cities.  It's bad enough that Rubio our Senator is a member of the Gang of Eight and has done little to help the situation. 

Florida GOP seeks deathblow to sanctuary cities: 'We are a nation of rules'

Republican lawmakers in Florida are taking aim at sanctuary city policies with two bills designed to penalize cities, counties, and elected officials that do not fully cooperate with federal enforcement of immigration law.

According to The Miami Herald, The Rule of Law Adherence Act (SB 786 / HB 697) would implement a number of penalties and fines for state, local, or law enforcement agencies that employ “sanctuary policies.”

The bills would formally define a “sanctuary policy” as any “law, policy, practice, procedure, or custom adopted or permitted … which contravenes or which knowingly prohibits or impedes a law enforcement agency from communicating or cooperating with a federal immigration agency with respect to federal immigration enforcement.”

“What this bill would do is put into policy in the state of Florida the idea that our immigration policies at the federal level should receive cooperative support at the state and local level,” said Rep. Larry Metz, R-Yalaha...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/02/florida-gop-seeks-deathblow-to-sanctuary-cities-we-are-a-nation-of-rules#sthash.BHpfO2OS.dpuf
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:44:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I just forwarded the article and the Florida senate and house links to my state representative here in Tennessee, with a recommendation that he consider sponsoring a similar bill here.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online libertybele

I just forwarded the article and the Florida senate and house links to my state representative here in Tennessee, with a recommendation that he consider sponsoring a similar bill here.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.