Author Topic: If Liz Warren had been nominated, she would HAVE BEATEN TRUMP – Tucker Carlson  (Read 1153 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

If Liz Warren had been nominated, she would HAVE BEATEN TRUMP – Tucker Carlson
Feb. 9, 2017 9:03 am by SooperMexican •

Fox News’ host Tucker Carlson made an odd admission during his interview with Hugh Hewitt – he says that he thinks Liz Warren would have beaten Trump and be president now if she had won the nomination.

more
http://therightscoop.com/if-liz-warren-had-been-nominated-she-would-have-beaten-trump-tucker-carlson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Possible. Hard to imagine anyone running as bad a campaign as Hillary or Trump, it was a race to the bottom.

Then again, Lizzy is a bottom-dweller herself.

Offline cato potatoe

She's a pseudointellectual and a kook.  The media are impressed with her, but they're in a bubble.

Wingnut

She's a pseudointellectual and a kook.  The media are impressed with her, but they're in a bubble.

They are fascinated with shiny objects.  Which baffles me because Princess Spreading Bull is as dull plastic knife cutting a tube steak.

Offline r9etb

You're right about Warren; and in a policy sense she'd be a candidate in the Hillary/Obama mould, but without the heavy baggage.  She'd have been presented in much the same way that Carter was presented back in 1976.

She'd have gotten the traditional Democrat vote, no problem, and the Sanders supporters as well.  "Nice, concerned Liz" would have played well against Trump's bombast -- the "anyone but Hillary (more properly, anybody but Liz)" vote wouldn't have the same urgency.

But as it was, the Dems nominated the worst candidate they could possibly have nominated.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:54:46 pm by r9etb »

Offline beandog

All of these guys get too big for their britches.  He gets a show that is doing well and all of a sudden he knows everything.  He has know idea if this is true and stupid for his to say so.  Warren is know more likeable than the Beast was.

Offline goatprairie

You're right about Warren; and in a policy sense she'd be a candidate in the Hillary/Obama mould, but without the heavy baggage.  She'd have been presented in much the same way that Carter was presented back in 1976.

l.  "Nice, concerned Liz" would have played well against Trump's bombast -- the "anyone but Hillary (more properly, anybody but Liz)" vote wouldn't have the same urgency.

But as it was, the Dems nominated the worst candidate they could possibly have nominated.
"She'd have gotten the traditional Democrat vote, no problem, and the Sanders supporters as well"

But she probably would have lost many indys and Dems who perceived her as being a nut or a loose cannon....which she was.
Hillary is thought of as a safe, sane, establishment candidate by many hardcore Dems. That is what many of them wanted. For the same reason Sanders ultimately fell in the primaries, Warren would have lost in the gen. election. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:00:57 pm by goatprairie »

Offline r9etb

All of these guys get too big for their britches.  He gets a show that is doing well and all of a sudden he knows everything.  He has know idea if this is true and stupid for his to say so.  Warren is know more likeable than the Beast was.

It's a plausible alternative history, if you assume all other things remain equal: take away Hillary's baggage, and add a somewhat more attractive face and demeanor, then Warren probably gets the nod.

Of course, it's always risky to assume all other things will remain equal: Warren doesn't have the legions of sycophants that Clinton could command, and Trump could well have irritated her into politically damaging mistakes.

Offline r9etb

"She'd have gotten the traditional Democrat vote, no problem, and the Sanders supporters as well"

But she probably would have lost many indys and Dems who perceived her as being a nut or a loose cannon.
Hillary is thought of as a safe, sane, establishment candidate by many hardcore Dems. That is what many of them wanted. For the same reason Sanders ultimately fell in the primaries, Warren would have lost in the gen. election.

You could be right.  All we really know for sure is that the Democrats actually nominated an epically bad candidate.  It's moderately interesting to speculate about candidates they might have run, who could have beaten Trump. 

Carlson's argument is essentially that Warren might have matched up a lot better than Hillary did.  Trump's negatives would be unchanged, and the motivation to vote for a "nicer" candidate against Trump would have largely mitigated the "loose cannon" concerns. 

Hillary was so bad, that it's difficult to say what independents would have done when given a choice between Trump and somebody who's perceived to be less bad.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:08:45 pm by r9etb »

Offline ConstitutionRose

I don't know.  All my Democratic relatives think she is a fruitcake.  A female version of Bernie, essentially.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Norm Lenhart

'Coulda is great. I 'coulda' married Tawney Kitaen in 1987 if I had been a rich Rock Star with a lot of fame, a Brit accent and a Jaguar. But I wasn't. Likewise, Liz 'coulda' been living on a reservation if she had been born an Indian. Or elected president She wasn't either.

Offline Night Hides Not

'Coulda is great. I 'coulda' married Tawney Kitaen in 1987 if I had been a rich Rock Star with a lot of fame, a Brit accent and a Jaguar. But I wasn't. Likewise, Liz 'coulda' been living on a reservation if she had been born an Indian. Or elected president She wasn't either.

You dodged a bullet, Norm:

And there are at least 4 men on Earth that got tired of putting up with Christie Brinkley...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

Is Tucker talking about the same Fauxahontis Warren that is barely over 40% approval in her own state?

Offline Norm Lenhart

You dodged a bullet, Norm:

And there are at least 4 men on Earth that got tired of putting up with Christie Brinkley...

Why do you think I said 1987? I didn't say anything about what happened after ;)

But yea, she went to hell in a handbasket for sure.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Is Tucker talking about the same Fauxahontis Warren that is barely over 40% approval in her own state?

There are still people that think Romney was a good idea and pine for his misleadership to this day... and he left office with lower numbers than that IIRC. Magical thinking is not the sole domain of the looney left. The looney right has some perspective issues as well.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Coulda woulda shoulda..
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't know.  All my Democratic relatives think she is a fruitcake.  A female version of Bernie, essentially.
Well, remember, they love Bernie.

Clinton had only one thing backing her—the political machine vote. Most of her voters outside of that were motivated almost solely because they feared Donald Trump (and let's be honest, the converse was also true for a lot of Republicans and conservatives).

Bernie, however, has some things Warren lacks: integrity and likability. Bernie may be a left-wing kook, but he's consistently been a left-wing kook his entire adult life. He also has a bit more charm: he's able to aim his ire at more abstract things (the rich, the corporations) that don't offend his base.

Warren, on the other hand, is shrill—a female version of Harry Reid. She attacks people personally. She comes off as far more hateful (as opposed to Bernie's pie-in-the-sky optimism) and that is very off-putting. I truly think of all the candidates the Democrats  could have put up, Elizabeth Warren might very well have been the one who had even LESS of a chance of winning than Hillary. She stands for almost nothing but bitterness.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Same tired diatribe that Obama said "If I only could run for a third term, I would have beaten Trump".

Immaterial as it did not happen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

We'll never know.  Either Wigwam didn't want to be president or she was intimated by Clinton and didn't run. Perhaps she'll run in 2020; regardless of her unpopularity among the DEMS they'll still vote for her.

As for Tucker ... I've tried watching his program a couple of times.  I find that he has a peculiar personality and haven't been able to make it through his entire program without turning the channel or shutting off the TV.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:18:18 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Joe Wooten

They are fascinated with shiny objects.  Which baffles me because Princess Spreading Bull is as dull plastic knife cutting a tube steak.

Trump would have eviscerated her almost as bad as he did Helliary.