Author Topic: Ted Cruz Calls Out Democrats As The ‘Party Of The Ku Klux Klan’  (Read 10262 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ted Cruz Calls Out Democrats As The ‘Party Of The Ku Klux Klan’
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:29 am »
As a kid, I remember watching the news and seeing Boston mothers throwing bricks at school buses full of black kids.  Today, solidly Democrat Boston remains one of the most segregated cities in America.

@Hoodat

Did they even have to suffer from federally-enforced busing children to schools in different neighborhoods to insure there was a "proper number" of blacks in each classroom?

I remember at one time the feds were using US Marshalls and the NG to force integration and busing all over the south,and no schools in the north or west were bothered.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2017, 12:43:26 am »
There have been 3 incarnations of the Klan;

The founding of the Klan was by Democrats like Nathan Bedford.

The 2nd Klan was in ways, almost like a fraternal organization.

The 3rd Klan was the incarnation that bombed churches in the South. That is just history.

@TomSea

The Third Klan was a creature created by the people that did the thinking for Bobby Kennedy. Most likely Irish communists. ALL those church bombings and the other nonsense was done to weaken the conservative vote in the Dim Party,and to put the communists in charge of the government.

ANYBODY that thinks locals in the south would plant bombs in a black church full of women and children knows nothing about the south of the 1950's.  It was FBI paid informants and instigators that were behind all of it,and it was federal money paying for it.

The Kennedy Klan and the others HAD to demonize the KKK because nobody in the solid Dim South got elected without KKK backing,and the southern Dims were taking over total control over the Dim Party,and the northeastern Dims were worried about being shut out and cut off from the public treasury.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2017, 12:45:27 am »
@skeeter

You should have identified who you were quoting. It was Lyndon Baines Johnson,president of the United States at the time he said it.
he was referenced in the post I quoted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2017, 12:51:39 am »
@Tom Sea

Pockets of slavery existed throughout the war in the North.

Of course it did. President Lincoln,the "Great Emancipator" never freed ONE single slave. The Emancipation Proclamation ONLY applied to the slaves held in the south,which he had no dominion over at the time. The purpose of it was to encourage the slaves to revolt and start murdering the wives and children of their masters so the Confederate troops would desert to go home to protect their familes.

General,later President,US Grant still owned slaves the day the War of Northern Aggression ended.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2017, 12:52:39 am »
Not only are the DEMS the party of the KKK but at the moment they are also the party of hysterical mental midgets!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2017, 12:55:37 am »
Looks like the folks around here think Obama was elected by the Klan.  sad

@Once-Ler

He was. He got close to 100 percent of the Tan Klan vote.

In some places,like Philly,he probably got up to 120  percent of the Tan Klan vote. Blacks showed up to vote for  him that had been dead for hundreds of years.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:56:32 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2017, 01:00:06 am »
@Emjay

Lincoln was a great man/president

Compared to who,Stalin? Did you know the bleep threatened to send US Marshals to the Supreme Court and have them locked away in a military prison for the duration of the war if they ruled he didn't have the authority to declare war on the south because the union was a voluntary union,and each state that formed it insisted they have the right to withdraw from it if it became a tyranny." Yet here was that asshat,threatening to lock up the US Supreme Court if they disagreed with him.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2017, 01:10:28 am »
Ya'll make a good point, throwing a rock at a bus is the moral equivalency to 100 years of Jim Crow and lynchings.

Ah, moral relativism.  How quaint.  Thanks for making the case that Northern racist scumbags are somehow superior to their Southern counterparts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:19 am »
I'll bet these are typical Cruz poser followers, they won't vote for Trump as Cruz said to, some have said they didn't vote for Romney, Cruz endorsed him, they criticize Palin, Cruz says he loves her.

Probably more phonies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:29 am »
I'll bet these are typical Cruz poser followers, they won't vote for Trump as Cruz said to, some have said they didn't vote for Romney, Cruz endorsed him, they criticize Palin, Cruz says he loves her.

Probably more phonies.

These what?

Offline beandog

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:53 am »

Probably more phonies.
Seriously, do you even read what you post.  Most of it makes absolutely no sense and this one is right up at the top of that list.  :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2017, 01:36:13 am »
Seriously, do you even read what you post.  Most of it makes absolutely no sense and this one is right up at the top of that list.  :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2017, 01:48:14 am »
Byrd said: "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times . . . and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd#Ku_Klux_Klan

So what? He was a racist POS till the day he went to hell. He used the N word more than Fiddy Cent in a rap song.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2017, 02:06:05 am »
@Once-Ler

He was. He got close to 100 percent of the Tan Klan vote.

In some places,like Philly,he probably got up to 120  percent of the Tan Klan vote. Blacks showed up to vote for  him that had been dead for hundreds of years.

One more vote for "there is no elephant in the room."

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2017, 02:14:38 am »
Compared to who,Stalin? Did you know the bleep threatened to send US Marshals to the Supreme Court and have them locked away in a military prison for the duration of the war if they ruled he didn't have the authority to declare war on the south because the union was a voluntary union,and each state that formed it insisted they have the right to withdraw from it if it became a tyranny." Yet here was that asshat,threatening to lock up the US Supreme Court if they disagreed with him.

@sneakypete

I didn't know that, no.  But I think the man has to be given credit for keeping the Union together.

Look, I'm a lifelong born and raised Southerner, and I used to get pinged to those TOS threads where the Civil War was fought over and over again.  I didn't have much input to give, other than to smack down the occasional moron who tried to blather about Northern superiority.  That's what gets me going...not reasons why the South should have won.  I can love the South with all my heart, while still recognizing that slavery was wrong, and so was splitting the Union.  It was only a hundred years before that men gave their blood to birth it, after all.

I realize that's heresy to a segment of Southerners, but that's my take on it. 

But in my personal opinion, no president can hold a candle to George Washington, and that includes Lincoln.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2017, 02:22:32 am »

Probably more phonies.

@TomSea

You think you should vote for a candidate because a politician "told you to?"  Seriously? I don't take life instruction from pols. 

I would bet good money Cruz doesn't speak "lovingly" of that classless harpy in private.  He's smart enough to peg her for what she is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2017, 02:48:03 am »
@sneakypete

I didn't know that, no.  But I think the man has to be given credit for keeping the Union together.

@CatherineofAragon

Even if he violated the Constitution to do it,and did it at gun point,causing the lose of tens of thousands of lives at a time when our population was very small?

I can love the South with all my heart, while still recognizing that slavery was wrong, and so was splitting the Union. 

The War of Northern Aggression had nothing to do with slavery. The anti-slavery clique were just handed the ball,and they ran with it. Slavery was legal in the north all during the war,and as I have written before,even the man that led the Army of the North,U.S. Grant,owned slaves.

Yes,slavery was an issue,but a MINOR issue. The real root cause was the agricultural south was wanting to ship their goods out of southern ports without giving the northern financiers a chance to dip their beaks into the profits. It was originally about collecting customs fees and keeping Customs firmly in the hands of the NY banks.

That was the original prime reason,and the reason they obviously didn't want brought out front and center for everyone to see. So they allowed the anti-slavery advocates to occupy center stage.

In addition, one aspect of the anti-slavery factor was the northern factory owners dreaming of being able to hire former slaves to work in their factories because the European immigrants working for poverty wages with no benefits or days off were starting to get uppity,and wanting to form unions and earn enough to get out of company housing and own their own houses. Face it,a slave that  has never earned a living would look at a nickel a hour back then as big money,and be so happy to get it he wouldn't rock the boat.

Then there was the whole Department of Defense "industry" of insiders giving government contracts to their relatives at inflated prices to furnish the union army with necessities,and others who dreamed of being the "new Princes" in a "south of occupation" to the mix.

The biggest issue in MY mind was the bald-faced illegality of Lincoln declaring war to force the south to stay in the union against their will,when the union was clearly a voluntary union,and each member had a legal right to leave it if the rules were changed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2017, 08:18:56 am »
Yeah, like the Boston race riots.  Probably south Boston.
I grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line and they were still burning school buses in Boston so their kids didn't have to go to school with 'those people', seven years after our schools had been fully integrated.

Hypocrites. Rules for thee...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2017, 08:22:23 am »
@Hoodat @Sanguine

If folks really are hellbent to compare the two, check lynchings out.   

http://www.chesnuttarchive.org/classroom/lynchings_table_state.html
Massachusetts, zero.

Ya'll make a good point, throwing a rock at a bus is the moral equivalency to 100 years of Jim Crow and lynchings.
Want to bet it wasn't Republicans throwing the bricks?
Sheesh.

Not many lynchings in the 1970s either.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2017, 08:24:43 am »

Even if he violated the Constitution to do it,and did it at gun point,causing the lose of tens of thousands of lives at a time when our population was very small?

The War of Northern Aggression had nothing to do with slavery. The anti-slavery clique were just handed the ball,and they ran with it. Slavery was legal in the north all during the war,and as I have written before,even the man that led the Army of the North,U.S. Grant,owned slaves.

Yes,slavery was an issue,but a MINOR issue. The real root cause was the agricultural south was wanting to ship their goods out of southern ports without giving the northern financiers a chance to dip their beaks into the profits. It was originally about collecting customs fees and keeping Customs firmly in the hands of the NY banks.

That was the original prime reason,and the reason they obviously didn't want brought out front and center for everyone to see. So they allowed the anti-slavery advocates to occupy center stage.

In addition, one aspect of the anti-slavery factor was the northern factory owners dreaming of being able to hire former slaves to work in their factories because the European immigrants working for poverty wages with no benefits or days off were starting to get uppity,and wanting to form unions and earn enough to get out of company housing and own their own houses. Face it,a slave that  has never earned a living would look at a nickel a hour back then as big money,and be so happy to get it he wouldn't rock the boat.

Then there was the whole Department of Defense "industry" of insiders giving government contracts to their relatives at inflated prices to furnish the union army with necessities,and others who dreamed of being the "new Princes" in a "south of occupation" to the mix.

The biggest issue in MY mind was the bald-faced illegality of Lincoln declaring war to force the south to stay in the union against their will,when the union was clearly a voluntary union,and each member had a legal right to leave it if the rules were changed.

Yep. My State of origin was occupied by Union forces for the duration. The worst of the carpetbagging was avoided, because of that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:25:14 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2017, 10:13:27 am »
I grew up south of the Mason-Dixon line and they were still burning school buses in Boston so their kids didn't have to go to school with 'those people', seven years after our schools had been fully integrated.

Hypocrites. Rules for thee...

@Smokin Joe

And the same people where still voting for the "Saintly" Kennedy Klan because they were Irish and Catholic.

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2017, 12:32:17 pm »
@sneakypete, it's just not plausible to say the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.  Come on.  Even you, after claiming it didn't, said in your next paragraph well, yes, it did.

The rest has been chewed over ad nauseum on those endless TOS threads.  I wasn't interested in re-fighting the war then, and I'm still not. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:56 pm »
@sneakypete,
it's just not plausible to say the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.  Come on.  Even you, after claiming it didn't, said in your next paragraph well, yes, it did.

@CatherineofAragon

No,I said it wasn't the prime REASON. It was a sideshow that Lincoln,who even wrote he didn't care one way or another about slavery,used to unite the church people and others behind his illegal war without having to explain his true motives. Adopting slavery as the prime reason for his war was a PR move,not a heartfelt conviction.

And it worked so well that even today being called a racist ranks right up there with being a child molester,despite the FACT that 99 percent of the population is racist to one degree or another. Being racist is just human nature. Nothing is more natural than to side with those who look like you against those who don't.

The difference today is that our legal codes specify that a white who wants to only socialize or do business with other whites is a criminal who can lose everything he owns,and a black or brown racist is protected by laws and the general accepted sense that "only white people can be racist".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2017, 02:00:01 pm »
@Smokin Joe

And the same people where still voting for the "Saintly" Kennedy Klan because they were Irish and Catholic.
I know at least one family of Southern Catholics who were for Goldwater... :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »