Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton's hubby flubs badly – out of a job. $25 million hedge fund loses 90% of value in bad bet on Greece  (Read 2760 times)

rangerrebew

Chelsea Clinton's hubby flubs badly – out of a job
$25 million hedge fund loses 90% of value in bad bet on Greece
Published: 12 hours ago

Hillary Clinton isn’t the only one in the Clinton clan who has recently lost a job.

Son-in-law Marc Mezvinsky is hitting the bricks following the monumental failure of his hedge-fund company, Eaglevale Partners.

The fund was quietly closed down in December, and now Mezvinsky and his partners are busy returning what money remains to investors. The group raised $25 million, reports Britain’s Daily Mail and Bloomberg News, but the fund lost 90 percent of its value investing in bank stocks and debt from Greece.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/chelsea-clintons-hubby-flubs-badly-out-of-a-job/#BVHdBKJbQU1amlDG.99

Offline Applewood

Then I guess Chelsea will have to get a real job...like President.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Clinton’s son-in-law closed his hedge fund after the election
NY Post, Feb 8, 2017, Daniel Halper

Hillary Clinton’s son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, shuttered his hedge fund shortly after the election, according to a report.

Eaglevale Partners, which Mezvinsky co-founded, was quietly closed and money returned to investors the month after Clinton lost to Donald Trump, Bloomberg reported.

The hedge fund reportedly lost big by betting on Greece, with one element of the fund dropping by as much as 48 percent one year, the Wall Street Journal previously reported.

One of the fund’s main backers was Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, who was said to have raised money for the fund from other investors.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/08/clintons-son-in-law-closed-his-hedge-fund-after-the-election/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

One of the fund’s main backers was Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, who was said to have raised money for the fund from other investors. 

No quo, no quid.   :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

Betting on Greece. Great plan. Was he involved in Cattle Futures as well?

geronl

What kind of fool thought Greek debt was a good investment?

Offline thackney

Someone who believes the power of government cannot be contained.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

Then I guess Chelsea will have to get a real job...like President.
She's even less qualified to run for political office than Obama, if that's possible.  So, of course, that's exactly what she'll do.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

She's even less qualified to run for political office than Obama, if that's possible.  So, of course, that's exactly what she'll do.  **nononono*

People talk about Hillary making a comeback, but I  think the real plan is to have Chelsea elected to some office first, then president later.  The parents are too old for the fight.  Time to continue the dynasty with the younger generation.  Trouble is, except for feminists and others dazzled by the Clintons, I don't think too many people want the Clinton dynasty to go on.

geronl

People talk about Hillary making a comeback, but I  think the real plan is to have Chelsea elected to some office first, then president later. 

I don't see where she'd be electable.

Wingnut

I don't see where she'd be electable.

Hell, she isn't even delectable.  A two bagger at best.

geronl

Hell, she isn't even delectable.  A two bagger at best.

Be kind of hard to breathe with two plastic bags on your head.... or is that one on her head and one on yours?

Oceander

Who invests in Greek debt?

Wingnut

Be kind of hard to breathe with two plastic bags on your head.... or is that one on her head and one on yours?

One for her and one for me in case hers falls off.

Offline r9etb

I suppose for people who have money to waste on "well, you never know...." types of investments, it might be worth a go.  It would be a bet on some marginal improvement in Greece's fiscal position. 

geronl

Offline dfwgator

Who invests in Greek debt?

Chelsea Clinton's husband, obviously.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Someone who believes the power of government cannot be contained.

Great answer.

Oceander

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yet another one of the dozen or so money laundering scams from the former Clinton Empire.

Hillary would have covered him had she won, with our money, no matter what foolish crap he did. Everybody knew that.
That is what they were betting on. The portfolio had nothing to do with it.

But you know, the kind of people who would invest in this scam, deserves whatever happens to them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:51:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

Hillary would have covered him had she won, with our money no matter what foolish crap he did. Everybody knew that.
That is what they were betting on. The portfolio had nothing to do with it.

All she would have had to do was promise more IMF funds for Greece and he'd have time to sell at a profit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All she would have had to do was promise more IMF funds for Greece and he'd have time to sell at a profit.

You and I we know this. Most people do not.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

An extremely stupid one.

That said, they were probably banking on another bailout.

Yes, the investment material said that was the plan.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

Clash of the Democrat dynasties: 2018 election cycle could see a Chelsea Clinton v Caroline Kennedy showdown for possible New York seat

* If Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand runs for president in 2020, her Senate seat opens
* Some Democrats are speculating that Chelsea Clinton and Caroline Kennedy could be after the potential position
* Gillibrand was appointed to the Senate when Hillary Clinton vacated the position to become secretary of state
* Back in 2009, Kennedy expressed interest in the vacated seat, but withdrew her name for 'personal reasons' and it was given to Gillibrand

By Dailymail.com Reporter

The next election cycle for Senators could put two members of America's biggest political families in competition against each other.

It's rumored that if Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand actually runs for president in 2020, that the contenders for her Senate seat representing the state of New York include two former first daughters - Chelsea Clinton and Caroline Kennedy.

'What you're witnessing is the beginning of Chelsea Clinton's political career,' a source, who has a relationship with both the Clinton and Kennedy families, told the New York Daily News.

'Chelsea had that Twitter war with Kellyanne Conway — she's engaging in the political arena.'

The 36-year-old former first daughter took on Conway for increasing fear by discussing terror attacks that never happened on national televisions shows.

Conway, who is President Donald Trump's spokeswoman, hit back by saying that Trump is now the president since Hillary Clinton lost the election while saying 'you can't invent quality candidates either'.

In addition, Chelsea has seemingly been very active on her personal Twitter account sharing and retweeting messages about the current administration. [Well, that certainly qualifies her for the position]

The current Senator in the seat Chelsea and Caroline could compete against was actually appointed to it.

Gillibrand first served in the House from 2007 until 2009 representing the Hudson Valley when she filled the seat that belonged to then-senator Hillary Clinton, who stepped down to become secretary of state.

More at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl