Author Topic: Trump's Message to the Courts: Even 'A Bad High School Student' Would Understand the Law in Question  (Read 6641 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

And yet, laws are overturned, legal consequences are bestowed, and all the rest.  Congress bows to the Courts' will, as does the president, as do you.  It's preposterous to say the courts have no power.

I suspect you and others are really just trying to make an abysmally stupid argument about how Trump can ignore the court if he disagrees.

Yeah, that's a great result.  Sheesh.

I suspect you can't read the link @truth_seeker posted.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I want to see the Fed Marsh that walks up to the president to arrest him on orders from a 9th circuit judge.

Let me rephrase...I want to see if they can find the pieces of that FedMarsh after he he injests several hunderd lead snacks from the Secret Service.

Billl Olinton showed that a president cannot be 'Arrested' like Bob down at the bar.

Never said the president could be arrested, but the courts do have some enforcement powers. Not true that they are strictly judgement only.

Offline r9etb

I suspect you can't read the link @truth_seeker posted.

I suspect I don't much care what he posts.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Never said the president could be arrested, but the courts do have some enforcement powers. Not true that they are strictly judgement only.

Ah... yes, it is true. The DOJ controls the cops. Thats the Exec. The Judiciary can call for X all they want. Thats not enforcement by any definition of the word. If no one goes, they are not going to grab a gun and do it themselves, nor do they have that constitutional power.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I suspect thats why you've remain ignorant of the law on this subject.

Offline r9etb

Consider what these people are apparently trying to say: that if Trump ignores the courts, the courts can't do a damned thing about it.

I wonder if they actually realize what they're advocating here. 

Offline r9etb

I suspect thats why you've remain ignorant of the law on this subject.

How distressing. 

• Technical
Ah... yes, it is true. The DOJ controls the cops. Thats the Exec. The Judiciary can call for X all they want. Thats not enforcement by any definition of the word. If no one goes, they are not going to grab a gun and do it themselves, nor do they have that constitutional power.

They do have marshals who can enforce orders and carry out warrants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marshals_Service

Offline Norm Lenhart

How distressing.

Not for me. If you want to argue from a position of ignorance, that's no sweat of my back. I just realize you are wrong, happy being wrong and want to mislead others as to the truth of our system of laws and government.

Offline Norm Lenhart

They do have marshals who can enforce orders and carry out warrants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marshals_Service

"The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a federal law enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Justice"

Executive.

• Technical
"The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a federal law enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Justice"

Executive.

The Marshals Service is attached to the Judicial branch of government, and is the enforcement arm of the federal courts.

By law they're attached to the judiciary.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:07:44 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Norm Lenhart

The Marshals Service is attached to the [/size]Judicial[/color][/size] branch of government, and is the enforcement arm of the [/color][/size]federal courts[/size][/color][/size].[/color][/size][/color][/size]By law they're attached to the judiciary.[/color]

And then...
"Hey Marshall Jones, you are ordered under the authority of the executive to stand down. Take no action." - AG Sessions

Now what??

Offline r9etb

Not for me. If you want to argue from a position of ignorance, that's no sweat of my back. I just realize you are wrong, happy being wrong and want to mislead others as to the truth of our system of laws and government.

Yes, very distressing indeed. 

Do you ever look in the mirror and see the insufferable pedant that the rest of us see?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I suspect that you don't care for much of anything except your own agenda!

I have ask repeatedly for someone to show me the word or phrase IN THE CONSTITUTION that grants any federal court any power to enforce anything! So far I have heard only {{{{{{Crickets}}}}}}}}!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes, very distressing indeed. 

Do you ever look in the mirror and see the insufferable pedant that the rest of us see?

Pretty sure I told you long ago I don't remotely care what 'the rest of us" see. You are wrong. you were multiply given the actual laws showing you to be wrong and you still insist that no, everyone proving to you that you are wrong, is wrong.

So go on about your business being wrong. Just don't confuse lurkers in the process by providing them with your opinion disguised as accurate information. Or don't complain about insufferable pedants or anyone else calling you on it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Pretty sure I told you long ago I don't remotely care what 'the rest of us" see. You are wrong. you were multiply given the actual laws showing you to be wrong and you still insist that no, everyone proving to you that you are wrong, is wrong.

So go on about your business being wrong. Just don't confuse lurkers in the process by providing them with your opinion disguised as accurate information. Or don't complain about insufferable pedants or anyone else calling you on it.

My tag line is proving more true by the second!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

My tag line is proving more true by the second!

Fools should suffer in their ignorance. It's just a shame they corrupt so many others with agenda pretending to be truthful information.

• Technical
And then...
"Hey Marshall Jones, you are ordered under the authority of the executive to stand down. Take no action." - AG Sessions

Now what??

I claimed nothing about what would happen in that situation. Just that it's not strictly true there is no enforcement arm of the judiciary

Offline Norm Lenhart

I claimed nothing about what would happen in that situation. Just that it's not strictly true there is no enforcement arm of the judiciary

If nothing happens, there is no enforcement. Doesn't matter what 'arm' or 'leg' or swingin' Johnson' the court has. It natively has no authority to enforce jack squat.

EVEN if we twisted it to allow for them as the 'enforcement arm' it is the Marshall's acting through their vested authority from the EXECCUTIVE that is carrying out said action. Thus the power of enforcement is again, that of the exec, not of the judiciary.

• Technical
If nothing happens, there is no enforcement. Doesn't matter what 'arm' or 'leg' or swingin' Johnson' the court has. It natively has no authority to enforce jack squat.

:silly:

Federal Marshall enforce judicial orders all the time. Technically they fall under the doj but they are legally bound to execute the orders of the judiciary.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Federal Marshall enforce judicial orders all the time. Technically they fall under the doj but they are legally bound to execute the orders of the judiciary.

You might want to stay on subject. We arent discussing 'all the time'. We are talking about this situation which falls under 'unprecedented event'.

But if you want to roll around on the floor laughing, I'm sure you'll be thought of accordingly.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yep!  Right up to the second their boss tells them to stop!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
You might want to stay on subject. We arent discussing 'all the time'. We are talking about this situation which falls under 'unprecedented event'.

But if you want to roll around on the floor laughing, I'm sure you'll be thought of accordingly.

Bigun claimed the judiciary has no enforcement power which is clearly false. Period.

I'm right. You're wrong.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yep!  Right up to the second their boss tells them to stop!

Someone seems to keep ignoring that little detail. It sorta tanks their entire position so I'm not surprised.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Bigun claimed the judiciary has no enforcement power which is clearly false. Period.

I'm right. You're wrong.

No, Rigoletto, you arent.