Author Topic: Seattle Judge Was Ignorant About Jihad Convictions Prior to Imposing Refugee Reform Ban  (Read 742 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Seattle Judge Was Ignorant About Jihad Convictions Prior to Imposing Refugee Reform Ban

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/06/immigration-seattle-judge-wrong-claim/

The Seattle judge who temporarily banned the White House’s refugee reform plan acted after mistakenly claiming the federal government has not arrested jihadi migrants from the seven Muslim countries covered by the reform.

But the federal government has arrested and jailed at least 76 people since 2001 from the seven countries covered in the first stage of the president’s reform, which was announced late January.

That fact means there is a huge error in the judge’s rationale for imposing a “Temporary Restraining Order” ban on the president’s popular reform of the expensive refugee and immigration programs.

In a hearing before the decision, Judge James Robart told a lawyer from the Department of Justice that the federal government has not arrested people since 2001 from any of the seven countries named in the reform, since the 20o1 atrocity in New York. “How many arrests have there been of foreign nationals for those seven countries since 9/11?” he asked.

The justice department’s lawyer replied, “Your Honor, I don’t have that information,” prompting Robart to answer his own question:

Let me tell, you, the answer to that is none, as best I can tell. You’re here arguing on behalf of someone that says we have to protect the United States from these individuals coming from these countries and there’s no support for that.

snip

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
He does not have the facts. He does not have the law.

Well, there's always

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He was ignorant about Jihad convictions of refugees from these countries? Yeah right, and the Clinton foundation is on the level too! I seriously doubt that some who is on the bench and has done a great deal of pro bono work for refugees from southeast asia is ignorant of what is happening with muslim country refugees.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't care if he's right or wrong on the count - he has not right or standing to rule on it. Should have dismissed it outright.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What is this judge's name again? Chuck Barris?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley