Author Topic: Professor: Student protests have gotten completely out of hand  (Read 770 times)

rangerrebew

Professor: Student protests have gotten completely out of hand
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:01 pm »
February 7, 2017
 82  38 Share0  0

For one university professor, the recent protest of Mike Huckabee at John Brown University in Arkansas shows that college students will protest anybody who steps foot to speak on their campus.

Hunter Baker, an associate professor at Union University, found himself a bit baffled by the opposition to the folksy Republican politician, as he wrote in The Federalist:

But the question that nags at me is this: Is Mike Huckabee really protest-worthy? I want to be clear that I am not arguing to shut down protests or inhibit disagreement, but I do want to challenge the students and those who may have encouraged them. Does Huckabee really live up to the ugly billing he received from protesters?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/bulletin-board/professor-student-protests-gotten-completely-hand/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:46:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Millee

Re: Professor: Student protests have gotten completely out of hand
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:16 pm »
Doesn't matter.  Dissent must be silenced.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:28 pm »
In fairness to the protestors, it seems they just stood in a silent protest with signs/t-shirts, and didn't try to prevent him from speaking.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 10:23:50 pm »
In fairness to the protestors, it seems they just stood in a silent protest with signs/t-shirts, and didn't try to prevent him from speaking.

And a good many professors happily joined in or worse yet, incited them from the sidelines.

Teaching has become a self perpetuating industry which has rendered it largely worthless. Our colleges have too many students who don't belong there being taught social justice by too many professors who belong behind the counter at 7 eleven. Federal money creates fertile ground for this crap.

Gotta love Hillsdale college for refusing to give teaching degrees without a 4 year degree in something real like History, civics, literature etc.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 12:29:37 am »

These are not protests.  We have been witnessing riots by thugs and should-be felons.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:32:53 am »
When you are going to school for free to take basket weaving as a major, you have a lot of free time on your hands. This is why college has devolved into a worthless Romper Room for ne'er do wells.