Author Topic: The end of Sarah Palin is here  (Read 21608 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The end of Sarah Palin is here
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »
GBR doesn't need a Zampolit

That's why you can see stuff posted from so many different kinds of sources.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »

"Michael, campaigning is bigger than US Steel."

Campaigning and consulting are the path to riches in the modern age. Neither requires any actual need to back up the hype, just to keep saying what people want to hear.

I never really understood the logic of hiring a professional consultant/consulting firm. If I want something done, I'm going to ask someone that actually knows what they are doing, not a PR dept that worked for my opponent last cycle. I'd find that a pretty hard situation to trust.

How is a guy that did his best to torpedo you/your side of the aisle gonna be relied on? He isn't gonna dish out the goods on your opponent due to NDAs so what good is he? And as most of these guys are mercs by design, there is a strong likelihood that they personally or their people/contacts/network DID work for the opposition.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »
The ignore button is a nice thing. I do notice however, as they scold others for using what they say are liberal sources, they themselves, selectively choose other liberal sources to post from. Some people don't want to discuss the issue, they want to just try to control things.

Meanwhile we have posters who say TBR is a terrible place, with information locked down tighter than the old USSR.  Just read up and down this thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:31:09 pm »

The moment it happened for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syAb_7Qt1TE

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 07:32:34 pm »
I used to "Like" her on Book face, but her constant cozying up to McStain against the conservatives in the AZ Party tore it for me.   The Party has had its ups and downs over the years, but they finally got it together at a State Convention and censured McStain for one of his many suck-ups to Obama, and she bitched and bitched about the terrible Party.

Bye-bye Sarah.  You could have been a contender.

She (her page) also started posting a ton of half-truth, clickbait, buzzfeed type articles. I dropped a lot of pages for formerly good people like Alan West because they all seemed to have sold out to clickbait companies. I am not sure anyone that has anything to do with the person they claim to represent on those pages actually are involved in them. I would not be surprised if some company like Buzzfeed now owns most of those pages and just targets the articles to the audience. I know a couple of local community pages I run started getting offers to buy them as soon as I reached a few thousand followers.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 07:34:29 pm »
I would never begrudge her per McCain, former running mates, the Veep especially, do not criticize the top of the ticket.

I read some other pieces by the author whom seems reasonable but just because he says it, doesn't mean it is so.  He probably is a liberal.

America is a country that forgives and a country of 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

She got off to a bad start and the media certainly didn't overlook that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:55 pm »
McCain is the only reason we know about her.

That's it's own topic.

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 07:36:55 pm »
I would never begrudge her per McCain, former running mates, the Veep especially, do not criticize the top of the ticket.

I read some other pieces by the author whom seems reasonable but just because he says it, doesn't mean it is so.  He probably is a liberal.

@TomSea

Again, if you would like to do some research and disprove Cillizza's figures, I'll delete the original post, or ask the Mods to do it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 07:37:47 pm »

Only when people do something to earn those 2nd third and fourth chances.

McCain was 'owed' one mulligan in the name of decency (and IMO not even that), not eternal fealty 'no matter what' he did.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:38:15 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »

I can appreciate that.  I live in AZ, and I too allowed her a lot of leeway because if McStain hadn't have chosen her for Veep, nobody but I would have heard of her.  But when she started attacking the people in the State Party, she was attacking my friends and that was enough.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »
Only when people do something to earn those 2nd third and fourth chances.

McCain was 'owed' one mulligan in the name of decency (and IMO not even that), not eternal fealty 'no matter what' he did.

:amen:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 07:39:31 pm »

That's it's own topic.

Not me. I knew about her long before from her battles up in Alaska.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 07:40:14 pm »
Exhibit A of when someone's 15 minutes stretches into 8 years....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 07:40:47 pm »

If you don't believe the figures Cillizza gave, you're free to research and refute them.  If you can do that, I'll happily delete this post. 

I don't give a crap if a writer from the Washington Post  has achieved a quantum score of infinity in accurateness,   it is foolish to bash or help others bash people identified with your own side,  and it is foolish to help put money in the pockets of people who hate you and want to destroy you.   

To help you grasp the essential point here,  I will cite Winston Churchill. 

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

If that doesn't get the point across,  how about Reagan? 

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

Spreading leftist talking points is detrimental to the cause,  even if they happen to be true.   Helping to put money in leftest pockets by linking to them as sources of news,  is also bad tactics. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 07:41:00 pm »

That's it's own topic.

Who's this "we" of whom you speak?  Do you have a mouse in your pocket?  You certainly aren't speaking for me, I knew of her well before the 2008 campaign, and I live in AZ.  I guess I'm a bit of a junkie about this stuff.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:21 pm »
@TomSea

Again, if you would like to do some research and disprove Cillizza's figures, I'll delete the original post, or ask the Mods to do it.

How defensive, the article than about some figures.

@CatherineofAragon

If one singles out my post while others don't discuss "the figures", I think that is unfair treatment.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:45:36 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:52 pm »
You folks are too harsh. She may be down and out politically and a dunce, but she is still hot. That's all I care about.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 07:46:18 pm »
As usual, I guess I'm taking Ted Cruz's actual position, not criticizing Palin, which he went on record of doing before.

As usual, the Cruz cult don't follow what he said but stone others who don't see things like they do.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:48:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 07:48:37 pm »
.  I guess I'm a bit of a junkie about this stuff.

No, just informed beyond the typical MSM-level politics of the average 'conservative'. Which makes you a rare individual, unfortunately.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 07:49:58 pm »
The ignore button is a nice thing. I do notice however, as they scold others for using what they say are liberal sources, they themselves, selectively choose other liberal sources to post from. Some people don't want to discuss the issue, they want to just try to control things.

Well since I am the one that brought up the subject,  perhaps you are referring to me?   

I dare say you will search long and hard and futilely before you find an example of myself citing the Washington Post or the New York times on a political matter. 

I do not use Fascist Book.  I avoid Google like the plague.  I don't twit.   I'm not a member of the Apple Cult.  I don't Amazon.  I don't see left wing movies.  I don't starbuck,   and I don't knowingly give any money or prestige to Liberal oriented companies.   

I urge others to do the same.   If you don't realize you are in a war,  you will inevitably lose. 

I'm not trying to control anyone,  I am merely pointing out what seem to me to be good practices for waging a political conflict with the left. 

People can chose to follow them or not,   just like they can be grown up enough to deal with criticism when they hear it.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:46 pm »
As usual, I guess I'm taking Ted Cruz's actual position, not criticizing Palin, which he went on record of doing before.

As usual, the Cruz cult don't follow what he said but stone others who don't see things like they do.

The Ted Cruz you used to mock multiple times a thread and post neverending memes against?

Dunno who you think you're fooling but it isn't many of the people here. You punched your ticket on Ted Cruz a LONG time ago.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 08:03:30 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

I don't give a crap if a writer from the Washington Post  has achieved a quantum score of infinity in accurateness,   it is foolish to bash or help others bash people identified with your own side,  and it is foolish to help put money in the pockets of people who hate you and want to destroy you.   

Pretty sure you read me the first time when I said she isn't on "my side." 

So am I to take it that you aren't going to do any research of your own to try and refute those figures? 

Got it.

To help you grasp the essential point here,  I will cite Winston Churchill. 

I consider you a hysteric, lacking in reason, and susceptible to the worst aspects of clannish party politics...not qualified to instruct a kindergartner.

Grasp that.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 08:03:43 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 08:06:45 pm »
GBR doesn't need a Zampolit

Then it's a good thing it doesn't have any. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2017, 08:08:11 pm »
@TomSea

How defensive, the article than about some figures.

What?

If one singles out my post while others don't discuss "the figures", I think that is unfair treatment.

It's "unfair" for me to "single out" your post by responding to it?  And offering to remove my original post if you can disprove the figures?

Okay then.

Another person who won't try and refute them.