Author Topic: Aging U-2 Hits Milestone Gathering Intel on ISIS  (Read 403 times)

rangerrebew

Aging U-2 Hits Milestone Gathering Intel on ISIS
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:42:00 am »
Aging U-2 Hits Milestone Gathering Intel on ISIS
TOPICS:CENTCOMDragon LadyiraqISISOIRSyriaU-2
AddThis Sharing Buttons

Posted By: Richard Sisk February 3, 2017

A 48-year-old U-2 “Dragon Lady” spy plane reached a milestone — 30,000 hours of flight time — while flying a mission to gather intelligence on ISIS, U.S. Central Command said Thursday.

A release from the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing said that a U-2 flown by a pilot identified only as “Maj. Ryan” hit the 30,000-hour mark while “collecting critical, real-time information to give commanders the decisional advantage” against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

The high-altitude surveillance and reconnaissance plane flew out of a base in Southwest Asia, the report said.

https://www.defensetech.org/2017/02/03/aging-u-2-hits-milestone-gathering-intel-isis/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:42:43 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Aging U-2 Hits Milestone Gathering Intel on ISIS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:51:26 am »
I really am amazed these things are still flying.  A testament to their design. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Aging U-2 Hits Milestone Gathering Intel on ISIS
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »
I really am amazed these things are still flying.  A testament to their design.
BUFFs, too. Some solid planes from that era, even though they have been upgraded.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis