Author Topic: In Trump's Washington, Nothing Feels Stable  (Read 7721 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: In Trump's Washington, Nothing Feels Stable
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 11:19:59 pm »
They have to know..... that they are ticking some of us off when they do that...right?  lolol

I suppose they could just be playing games when they do, but there are so many out there who really think Trump is some kind of Savior and divine, that it's probably best to point out with clarity that he's not whenever the subject comes up.   :police:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 11:20:07 pm »
I think a lot of that had to do with the tax reforms. If you remember it was rough going from 81-83, just about the time the full effect of the reforms kicked in. Paul Volker and his fed policy helped as well even though that was a shock in the beginning with the interest rates.

No argument there. He indeed had his hands full. The left was intent on blocking anything that interfered with the Carter 'economy'.

I still love how the left screams about "Voodoo Economics" and how it was a total failure, yet at the same time are forced by hard numbers to admit that the Reagan Economy surpassed the Carter economy by every measure.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 11:22:18 pm »
Of COURSE somebody was going to "do that," because thinking Trump is the Messiah, or Jesus, or David, or whatever is what's happening these days, and it IS frightening.

But I'm at least relieved that you don't think Jesus did "a bad thing" when He overturned the moneychangers tables in the temple.

It's just that the idea that Trump is doing anything similar to what Jesus did is nearing insanity.  Trump IS a moneychanger, not the Savior.....

I must be reading the wrong threads because I ain't seeing that here. Maybe my spidey sense steers me away from 'em.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »
No argument there. He indeed had his hands full. The left was intent on blocking anything that interfered with the Carter 'economy'.

I still love how the left screams about "Voodoo Economics" and how it was a total failure, yet at the same time are forced by hard numbers to admit that the Reagan Economy surpassed the Carter economy by every measure.

Bush 41 should sue the Libs for royalties on that phrase. He coined it in 1980 ina primary debate against Reagan. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 11:28:06 pm »

There is some evidence that the reason we haven't economically collapsed totally is because many of Reagan's reforms are still in place.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 11:31:23 pm »
You're either confused.....or are grossly uninformed (uneducated?).  You seem to be overlooking or ignoring the main issue as to WHY Jesus went after the "money changers".  It was because it was in the temple, a place of worship (duh).

To compare that with Trump's anti-lobby sentiments NOW.... when he was a player in that same payforplay network once, is absurd.  And I'm being nice here.

But, the point is that even Jesus got serious and angry when something that shouldn't have been desecrated was. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 11:33:25 pm »
There is some evidence that the reason we haven't economically collapsed totally is because many of Reagan's reforms are still in place.

Agreed. Thus the reason the left wants all traces of Reagan eradicated. Including those really on the left, but with an "R".

Offline corbe

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 11:35:46 pm »
   What I find incredibility disappointing, as a Conservative, is that Ryan (Boehner Lite) is considered the most sane person with any power that we have at this moment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 11:49:24 pm »
And the nationwide 55-mph speed limit.  With that, he turned every adult with a driver's license into a lawbreaker overnight.

The ramifications of having nearly every adult in the nation view our code of law as unjust and worthy of scorn could be considered the nucleus for the lawlessness we see today.

(as well as why lawmakers don't seem to have any problems crafting laws that they know will not be followed)

:thumbsup3:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 11:50:39 pm »
I must be reading the wrong threads because I ain't seeing that here. Maybe my spidey sense steers me away from 'em.

If you mean "here" as in on this forum, the examples are few (though they exist), but if you mean "here" as in among the Trump faithful in the country, you can find numerous examples of people who have lost their proverbial minds because of devotion to Trump.

It's best if you have something that steers you away from them because they are truly scary people.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »
Nixon also ended the gold standard didn't he?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 11:53:25 pm »
But, the point is that even Jesus got serious and angry when something that shouldn't have been desecrated was.

Jesus was dealing with worship of His Father at HIS temple.

There really is no parallel whatsoever, and making that parallel is wrong under any set of circumstances, but especially wrong when you consider that Trump is a corrupt businessman and guilty of being on the opposite side of the issue.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 11:53:27 pm »
Nixon also ended the gold standard didn't he?

Silver Standard IIRC.  Turned the money into meaningless Federal Reserve Notes.

ETA:. The Gold standard ended in 1934. JFK ended the Silver Standard in 1963. 

Nixon ended the ability for someone to exchange paper money for the equal amount in gold or silver.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:57:27 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2017, 12:32:53 am »
Jesus was dealing with worship of His Father at HIS temple.

There really is no parallel whatsoever, and making that parallel is wrong under any set of circumstances, but especially wrong when you consider that Trump is a corrupt businessman and guilty of being on the opposite side of the issue.

Of course there is a parallel.  I laid it out in my previous statement.

And, we are all corrupt.  Some more than others.  By your logic, none of us could ever criticize an action.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:33:30 am by Sanguine »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2017, 12:36:38 am »
That was Roosevelt.  Nixon took us off the silver standard.

Google "Nixon Shock".

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 12:38:21 am »

And, we are all corrupt.  Some more than others.  By your logic, none of us could ever criticize an action.

Speak for yourself. I personally am perfection, so I can chime in with criticism wherever it is necessary......which is all the time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 12:39:13 am »
Speak for yourself. I personally am perfection, so I can chime in with criticism wherever it is necessary......which is all the time.

You're right, Frank.  Sorry, I forgot that. 

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2017, 12:45:12 am »

Exactly!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 01:00:17 am »
In Trump's Washington, Nothing Feels Stable

I hope the hell not!  I hope he turns the place upside down and shakes the S$%# out of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 01:02:06 am »
I hope the hell not!  I hope he turns the place upside down and shakes the S$%# out of it!

Like Jesus in the Temple!!                             .......   :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 01:40:53 am »

Must not have noticed it because I don't run in those circles.   Yes,  i've seen some worshipful Trump supporters but I have never been one of them.   I am a reluctant Trump supporter who would rather have had Cruz. 

Of course after seeing what they have done and attempted to do to Trump,   I am no longer so certain that Cruz could have won the election.   

So far I'm liking what Trump is doing.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,   and I think shaking up Washington is exactly what needs to be done.

Same here !!! Cruz is best positioned in the Senate, even though he most aligned with my beliefs for the presidency .
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:38 am »

Better be sure what follows isn't worse.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 01:49:48 am »
I hope he turns the place upside down and shakes the S$%# out of it!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 03:07:25 am »

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  THIS is what you said:

To have any kind of parallel here, Trump would have to be innocent of the corruption he supposedly is trying to rid Washington of.

And he's not.

It's not a matter of claiming that some people are sinless, so Trump's guilt doesn't matter.  It's a matter of Trump's being guilty of the same crime he supposedly is trying to clean up.

The parallel with Jesus and the moneychangers in the temple simply does not exist.

And IMO, it's dangerous to claim it does.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 03:12:10 am »

That's what I said!  Some of the Wealthiest counties in the nation are those surrounding the government.   They need to be shook up. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —