Author Topic: Trump: ObamaCare plan could take until next year  (Read 903 times)

Silver Pines

Trump: ObamaCare plan could take until next year
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »

Trump: ObamaCare plan could take until next year

By Peter Sullivan
February 5, 2017

President Trump said Sunday that it could take “sometime into next year” until his ObamaCare replacement plan is ready, a slower timetable than he and other Republicans have put forward in the past.

Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly asked Trump in an interview before the Super Bowl if Americans can “expect a new healthcare plan rolled out by the Trump Administration this year.”

“Yes, in the process and maybe it’ll take till sometime into next year but we’re certainly going to be in the process,” Trump replied.
“You have to remember Obamacare doesn’t work so we are putting in a wonderful plan,” he added.

Read more at:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/317998-trump-obamacare-plan-could-take-until-next-year

Offline beandog

Re: Trump: ObamaCare plan could take until next year
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »
I knew this was going to happen.  They have know intention of getting rid of it.  It should have been one of the first things that congress and President the Donald did. **nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:18:14 pm »
I knew this was going to happen.  They have know intention of getting rid of it.  It should have been one of the first things that congress and President the Donald did. **nononono*

@beandog

I'll believe it when it happens. 

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 04:24:26 pm »
@beandog

I'll believe it when it happens.
It's funy how I haven't heard a single word about this on conservative talk shows this morning.  Republicans just pretended to be against it because they saw it as a way to get votes.  Most of them were never serious about getting rid of it.  They have had plenty of time to come up with a "workable" plan to replace it. **nononono*

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 04:29:37 pm »
It's funy how I haven't heard a single word about this on conservative talk shows this morning.  Republicans just pretended to be against it because they saw it as a way to get votes.  Most of them were never serious about getting rid of it.  They have had plenty of time to come up with a "workable" plan to replace it. **nononono*

It's been a while since I've heard anyone bring it up, I agree.  Trump said it would be done on the first day, right?  Okay, that was unrealistic.  But it's strange that the Republicans who called for it have let it slip off their radar.

Silver Pines

geronl

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 06:07:22 pm »
The GOP have had years to formulate an alternative but the best they can come up (Collins) smacks of Nationalized Healthcare.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:37 pm »
In what world does 100=365?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:34 pm »
meanwhile take a look at the Collins proposal

It's basically Nationalized Healthcare

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 10:38:17 pm »

Both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have proposed plans; but where's the support?? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 12:44:44 am »
Both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have proposed plans; but where's the support??

Where's the coverage?