Author Topic: Hugh Fitzgerald: On Dogs and Pictures in Islam  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

Hugh Fitzgerald: On Dogs and Pictures in Islam
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:47:53 pm »
Hugh Fitzgerald: On Dogs and Pictures in Islam

February 1, 2017 2:57 pm By Hugh Fitzgerald 51 Comments

The latest example of a Muslim cab-driver’s refusal to carry a blind fare’s seeing-eye dog makes timely the reposting of this piece from 2009. Many have wondered at the violent  reaction of Muslims to dogs — here is one hypothesis worth pondering:

A recent story in the Reading Evening Mail describes a 71-year-old blind Englishman and cancer sufferer who was asked to get off a bus because of the hysterical reaction to his seeing-eye dog by some Muslims on the bus:

A driver told a blind cancer sufferer to get off his bus when a woman and her children became hysterical at the sight of his guide dog. George Herridge, 71, told how the mum flew into a rage and shouted at him in a foreign language. A passenger explained she wanted him to get off the bus during the incident on May 20.

Mr Herridge, from Tern Close, Tilehurst, said: “Her child was kicking and screaming and someone off the bus told me her child was frightened of my dog. The driver said, ‘Look mate, can’t you get off? I stood my ground. I had not done anything, my dog had not done anything and I was getting off the bus for no one.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/02/hugh-fitzgerald-on-dogs-and-pictures-in-islam-2
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:48:28 pm by rangerrebew »