Author Topic: This is Exactly Why Sanctuary Cities Are So Absurd  (Read 424 times)

rangerrebew

This is Exactly Why Sanctuary Cities Are So Absurd
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:37:32 pm »

This is Exactly Why Sanctuary Cities Are So Absurd
Analytical Economist
Contributor
February 3, 2017

Did you know that you can just pick and choose whatever laws you want to follow in America? Well, you as a private citizen don’t have that power, but if you’re lucky enough to be elected into your local government, you can pick and choose whatever federal laws you want to obey – at least in regards to immigration.

There are over 300 “sanctuary cities” or counties – those that won’t report illegal immigrants to federal authorities. Some sanctuaries like New York City go a step further, and won’t even report illegals for committing crimes, including drunk driving.

As you’d imagine, illegals flock to such sanctuaries, with one estimate that ten sanctuary cities house 20% of the U.S.’s illegal immigrants. As for the consequences of illegal immigration, we’re all aware of the most commonly cited ones: displaced American jobs, and lower wages due to intense competition from the influx of low-skilled workers. And then there’s the crime element, and those statistics are shocking:

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hilarious-cartoon-nails-how-sanctuary-cities-are-ridiculous/#ixzz4XpFOYKUr

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: This is Exactly Why Sanctuary Cities Are So Absurd
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:53:34 pm »
As you’d imagine, illegals flock to such sanctuaries, with one estimate that ten sanctuary cities house 20% of the U.S.’s illegal immigrants.

Great, they're concentrated!  That should make it easier for task forces of ICE agents and US marshals to round them up. And if local officials actively interfere with such task forces, arrest them too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:54:03 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!