Author Topic: CBS: Statue Of Liberty Was Originally Intended To Be A Muslim Woman  (Read 3780 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

CBS: Statue Of Liberty Was Originally Intended To Be A Muslim Woman
CBS, Feb 4, 2017

Video at link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/statue-of-liberty-was-originally-muslim-woman/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: CBS: Statue Of Liberty Was Originally Intended To Be A Muslim Woman
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:37 pm »
 :wtf!:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 03:02:10 pm »
From the National Park Service:
... From 1855 to 1856, Bartholdi embarked on a life-changing trip throughout Europe and the Middle East with some fellow artists. When they visited the Sphinx and Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, Bartholdi discovered his passion for large-scale public monuments and colossal sculptures. In 1869, the Egyptian government expressed interest in designing a lighthouse for the Suez Canal. Eager and excited, Bartholdi designed a colossal statue of a robed woman holding a torch, which he called Egypt (or Progress) Brings Light to Asia. When he attended the canal's inauguration, however, Bartholdi was informed that he would not be able to proceed with the lighthouse.

Although disappointed, Bartholdi received a second chance to design a colossal statue. In 1865, Edouard de Laboulaye proposed that a monument representing freedom and democracy be created for the United States. Bartholdi was a great supporter of Laboulaye's idea and in 1870 he began designing the Statue of "Liberty Enlightening the World."  ...
I guess this is the basis for the claim.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:29:18 pm »
From the National Park Service:I guess this is the basis for the claim.  :shrug:
The Egyptians probably wouldn't allow him to go forward with his design because he refused to put her in a burka. 8888crybaby

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
Wouldn't matter if she was. Lady Liberty isn't a Muslim Woman. Thats the only thing that matters.

The fact that many parents 'intended' their kids to be rich busisnessmen, leaders, doctors and what have you, has zero bearing on their current job at Starbucks.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 09:33:59 pm »
I wish I could figure how to post them here, but there are memes going around of four hijab-clad women on Mount Rushmore, "Mt. Rushmore was originally intended to be Muslim women," the St. Louis Arch, and the like with other prominent landmarks.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »
This is what they want everyone to believe was the intent behind the Statue of Liberty:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »
Even if so, does that make Islam any less of a death cult?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 10:32:44 pm »
This is what they want everyone to believe was the intent behind the Statue of Liberty:

Is that a towel from a Holiday Inn?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »
CBS's alternate facts.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 10:49:32 pm »
:facepalm2:

The Statue of Liberty was intended to be a Grecian or Roman muse/deity.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 11:25:07 pm »
What does it matter, didn't the US end up fronting most the money to finish the statue. It is what we made her.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 01:11:50 am »
How the HELL can they keep coming up with this stuff?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Leftist ‘Researchers’ Claim That Statue of Liberty Was Intended to Be a Muslim Woman

February 6, 2017| by Donn Marten

Demented liberals driven into madness by President Donald Trump’s election win are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. With the entire left mobilized and focused on defeating Trump’s efforts to bolster anti-terrorism measures with temporary travel restrictions, some have even gone so far as to suggest that the Statue of Liberty was modeled after a Muslim woman.

This insane attempt to brainwash low-information types comes courtesy of television network CBS:

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/leftist-researchers-claim-that-statue-of-liberty-was-intended-to-be-a-muslim-woman

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:50:35 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I wonder why the "truth" didn't come out before this?  You would think with Obama in the WH, it would have been "discovered" then. :3:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This tired old chestnut again?

Bartholdi's final design for the statue - the one you see today - was a reworking of a proposal for a statue at the gates of Suez, with almost nothing in common apart from the size and the way the parts are fitted together. If anyone is interested, Lady Liberty's face is Barthodi's mother. Her body is that of Bartholdi's mistress.
He was a very strange man .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This tired old chestnut again?

Bartholdi's final design for the statue - the one you see today - was a reworking of a proposal for a statue at the gates of Suez, with almost nothing in common apart from the size and the way the parts are fitted together. If anyone is interested, Lady Liberty's face is Barthodi's mother. Her body is that of Bartholdi's mistress.
He was a very strange man .....

Well, I assume that his mistress was more willing to pose for him than his mother was.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Maybe so. I'd still find it almost impossible to overcome the ewww factor of imagining my mistress with my mothers face.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
More horsesh*t from the left.

What else can be said?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More horsesh*t from the left.

What else can be said?
The Statue of Liberty, originally known as Liberty  Enlightening the World was designed by Bartholdi to be a gift to the Americans celebrating a century of independence.
http://www.artbronze.com/libertyenlighteningtheworldbyfrederic-augustebartholdi.aspx At the link is pictured a bronze casting from the model used to promote the project in France.

This was not the Egyptian woman intended for the Lighthouse at the Suez, but a different composition.

IOW, this assertion joins the assertions that Lady Liberty was black, in chains, or lesbian (the last of which which may not have been made yet, but assuredly can't be far behind the rest of the manure being spread).

The rewriting of history, false attribution of heraldry and other icons of our past is only something that can be accomplished with a population largely ignorant of the classical influences on the artists and ignorant of their own cultural heritage as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

Maybe so. I'd still find it almost impossible to overcome the ewww factor of imagining my mistress with my mothers face.

Soooo.....Errrr......

How exactly are you imagining 'your mistress'?  You know, not there's anything wrong with keeping a couple around just in case and all...:silly:

Offline Norm Lenhart

The Statue of Liberty, originally known as Liberty  Enlightening the World was designed by Bartholdi to be a gift to the Americans celebrating a century of independence.
http://www.artbronze.com/libertyenlighteningtheworldbyfrederic-augustebartholdi.aspx At the link is pictured a bronze casting from the model used to promote the project in France.

This was not the Egyptian woman intended for the Lighthouse at the Suez, but a different composition.

IOW, this assertion joins the assertions that Lady Liberty was black, in chains, or lesbian (the last of which which may not have been made yet, but assuredly can't be far behind the rest of the manure being spread).

The rewriting of history, false attribution of heraldry and other icons of our past is only something that can be accomplished with a population largely ignorant of the classical influences on the artists and ignorant of their own cultural heritage as well.

@CatherineofAragon

In my version of history, Lady Liberty isn't holding a torch. She's holding a ...SAMMICH! Because if she's gonna ask for the tired and hungry, she damn well better have my dinner ready!

(ducks flyin' fryin' pan of great justice)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 03:51:05 am »
CBS's alternate facts.

The aren't called See BS for nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

One of the early designs did have her still wearing a chain on her wrist. The chain is still there, it now lays at her feet - broken. An undeniable symbol of liberty.

(I knew the course on Symbology in Monumental Sculpture would come in handy some decade! It was either that or Themes in Modern Literature - and I detest Doris Lessing   :tongue2: )

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 11:45:38 am »
How the HELL can they keep coming up with this stuff?
You'd be amazed at what some people can pull from a certain orifice.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!