Author Topic: Schumer warns Trump's attack on judge could impact Supreme Court confirmation  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So this shows he's at least as bad as Obama... yet many 'conservatives' love it.

---

Makes you think...

...that perhaps those you count on to defend you in the political foxhole aren't really out to help you, but to use you as a tool to achieve their agenda.  Which may not yours.

---

This election cycle woke me up on that.  Now I question every position... and if the response is scorn or deranged calls for extreme acts, then I no longer view the side issuing them as legitimate on that particular issue.

Are you calling me a tool of the left, Honest John?  Lets get clear....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

Ping @CatherineofAragon !!!!!

The fringe must match his strappy pink heels.

@Norm Lenhart

@libertybele

Oh, only one person can pull those off.

And now, having seen that pic, I'm going to go watch an episode of Vikings and drown myself in testosterone.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I were going to call you a tool, I'd call you a tool.

I'm giving you my thoughts on Trump and his supporters.

And an explanation as to why I now tend to take the positions I do in threads.

Just so I'm clear:  If Trump does something, and I point out that Obummer did something worse, then I'm saying Trump is just as bad as Obama.   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Couldn't that be considered contempt?

Nah it's just classless. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

NO way Chuckie.

You bring it on, it will be killed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

So this shows he's at least as bad as Obama... yet many 'conservatives' love it.

---

Makes you think...

...that perhaps those you count on to defend you in the political foxhole aren't really out to help you, but to use you as a tool to achieve their agenda.  Which may not yours.

---

This election cycle woke me up on that.  Now I question every position... and if the response is scorn or deranged calls for extreme acts, then I no longer view the side issuing them as legitimate on that particular issue.
What a worthless attack on Trump.

You NT are really pathetic on trying to make a case.

Can you come up with something that is really substantive?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

So what's your argument to counter @HonestJohn ?

Make the case for the other side of the coin instead of launching your own personal attack.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:05:47 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Make the case for the other side of the coin instead of launching your own personal attack.
Go look up the word 'substantive'.

Attempts to demean DT by equating with something worse is non-substantive.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Go look up the word 'substantive'.

Attempts to demean DT by equating with something worse is non-substantive.

So the real answer is you can't. Got it.

HJ has a point. In some ways Trump is behaving in ways that just six months ago Conservatives would have decried.

But now when Trump acts less than Presidential he's cheered by those same people.

And it gets labeled an attack on the President when it gets pointed out.

HJ has a point. In some ways Trump is behaving in ways that just six months ago Conservatives would have decried.

But now when Trump acts less than Presidential he's cheered by those same people.

You are sooooo far out on the leftists' line is is incredible.

Here's what I responded to

---

Makes you think...

---

How do you possible rant the way you did on what I said in response to that quote?

You are attacking the wrong people, and your agenda is blatant.

If you had that pentup energy directed at the enemy of this country, it would be so much better.

That those that would support behavior that they opposed in Obama aren't those that will stand with you when the political chips are down.

And are, more likely, using you to further their own goals.
Not any type of argument you are giving.

What did I say that supported your ridiculous statement?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah but the Democrats are professionals at obstructing the majority when they are the minority party in ways Senator Turtle could never imagine.

Trump is still missing a lot of people he needs for his administration... to now include a SecArmy nominee...if Schumer has the mind to they could delay confirmation from now til the start of the new fiscal year.
The GOP should be taking notes. They flunked obstructionism 101.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You are sooooo far out on the leftists' line is is incredible.

Here's what I responded toHow do you possible rant the way you did on what I said in response to that quote?

You are attacking the wrong people, and your agenda is blatant.

If you had that pentup energy directed at the enemy of this country, it would be so much better.

How is it that you type soanybwords and end up saying absolutely nothing at all?

Is it a natural talent or did you have to work at it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The GOP should be taking notes. They flunked obstructionism 101.

They have 50 years worth of notes LOL!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They have 50 years worth of notes LOL!
Well, some folks take good notes, and some folks take bank notes...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

How is it that you type soanybwords and end up saying absolutely nothing at all?

Here in toto are your remarks to me:

Obvious you are not saying anything at all other than just trying to angle to incite.

Did you show up at Berkeley last week?

Wingnut

Oh good grief; you made me look ... I didn't know that there was such a thing!!  **nononono* :shrug:

Very tasteful If i might say so....  But..I thought you would have known better by now!
@libertybele

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No, you pointed out Obama did the same.

Thus, they are equivalent.

But they are neither the same, nor equivalent.

The Supreme Court is the final court of appeal.  Its judgements are binding law on the entire country.  So, defying or calling them out is a challenge to the entire separation of powers.

Trump is calling out one district judge who issued a crap opinion in which he didn't even address the likelihood of success on the merits, an essential element for the granting of an injunction.

Offline beandog

:amen:

Offline beandog

It's a better argument than you every make.  I don't think it's the least be classless to criticize a judge.  They are not gods, nor are they beyond approach.  Most of them are just lawyers that don't want to work very hard.  Plus the benefits are good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Verbally attacking a Federal Judge...yeah that's Presidential.

Trump is his own worst enemy.   Attacking the "so-called judge" who TRO'd Trump's travel moratorium indeed tends to show Trump's contempt for an independent judiciary.  While Dem opposition is assured,  Trump cannot rely forever on Republican support for his impetuosity.

Two things Trump should do right now to start digging out of the hole he's constructed:  Fire Steve Bannon,  and appoint an experienced diplomat and lawyer with the sole job of parsing, editing and approving for release each and every one of Trump's tweets.   I know Trump won't stop tweeting, but he should have the sense to not hit the send button without having his little screeds vetted.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's a better argument than you every make.  I don't think it's the least be classless to criticize a judge.  They are not gods, nor are they beyond approach.  Most of them are just lawyers that don't want to work very hard.  Plus the benefits are good.

Did you feel the same way when Obama called out the SCOTUS Judges during his State of the Union address?  Or when he threatened them and almost dared them to find Obamacare unconstitutional?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump is his own worst enemy.   Attacking the "so-called judge" who TRO'd Trump's travel moratorium indeed tends to show Trump's contempt for an independent judiciary.  While Dem opposition is assured,  Trump cannot rely forever on Republican support for his impetuosity.

Two things Trump should do right now to start digging out of the hole he's constructed:  Fire Steve Bannon,  and appoint an experienced diplomat and lawyer with the sole job of parsing, editing and approving for release each and every one of Trump's tweets.   I know Trump won't stop tweeting, but he should have the sense to not hit the send button without having his little screeds vetted.   

Somebody needs to send your phone number to Trump pronto.  I'm sure he has a spot on his staff of advisors for someone who has the answers to everything.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Somebody needs to send your phone number to Trump pronto.  I'm sure he has a spot on his staff of advisors for someone who has the answers to everything.
Well, he sure as hell needs honest, unvarnished advice from those with his interests at heart.  And so long as he keeps tweeting,  I know damn well he's got too many yes-men without the guts to tell him what he needs to do to right the ship. 

I've tried to be careful when criticizing Trump to also provide constructive suggestions.   I do not want Trump to fail.  But he is cultivating new enemies every day,  enemies that could have been allies or stayed neutral. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:12:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide