Author Topic: House staffers under criminal investigation for alleged equipment theft  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

House staffers under criminal investigation for alleged equipment theft

By Heather Caygle

02/02/17 10:15 PM EST

Five House employees are under criminal investigation amid allegations that they stole equipment from more than 20 member offices and accessed House IT systems without lawmakers' knowledge.

Access to the House network was terminated for the five employees — four men and a woman — on Thursday afternoon, but it’s up to individual lawmakers to fire the staffers in question, according to a senior House official. The official said most members are proceeding with termination.

The staffers have not been arrested.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/house-staffers-investigation-equipment-234586
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: House staffers under criminal investigation for alleged equipment theft
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:16:04 pm »
House sources stressed the investigation, which has been ongoing since late 2016, is focused on equipment theft and not a network hacking issue.

Why WOULD they care about network hacking? /s
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:25:58 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley