Author Topic: White House Vows ‘Emergency Stay’ of Judicial Order Thwarting President’s Immigration Order  (Read 7874 times)

Offline skeeter

I have concluded that it is a waste of time trying to educate those who are history challenged!

And some folks just like to argue.

Offline skeeter

You are free to disagree. 

You are completely and utterly wrong, though.  For you ignore our entire history.

Well no, I'm not. Immigration has happened, and at times it hasn't. Like economic activity.

Saying American is defined by immigration is the same as saying the business of America is business. As a defining quality its essentially meaningless.

Beyond that, just because something's been good in the past doesn't mean it will continue to be good. Its up to its advocates to prove its future utility. In this case unrestricted immigration, which is really what we're talking about here.

BTW thanks for the HTML primer - I'd forgotten the 'img' before the 'width' & 'height'...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:36:31 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Back on topic; I sure as hell hope that the Trump administration is successful in overturning this decision.  God help us if not; the liberal idiots just welcomed terrorists with open arms!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

@INVAR

I agree with you that the culture is probably too far gone to come back.  We allowed the left to take over the schools, and now we have the result.

I was thinking about the king-dictator thing yesterday.  IMO it's part of human nature to want a king to rule over us, to look up to.  The Israelites did...in spite of having witnessed firsthand God's miracles and deliverance.  We have to struggle against it even now.  There's a tendency to try and turn politicians into heroes...and then there's full-on worship, in some cases.

Think of how easy it will be for the man of sin when he comes along.

That was all excellently stated and in in perfect harmony with my thinking.

The Man of Sin addition was most adroit in your evaluation.

Now we know how easy it can happen, for even scripture warns us that if God permits it - even the Elect can be deceived by such.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The Chairborne Rangers on the right are hot for a fight with the left that they're going to lose. The left may be unfocused but never doubt their energy or will to use violence. The chairborne rangers talk tough and make excuses for not showing up.

You may be interested in the following exchange between soldiers discussing that very thing:

“A blood bath “

Yep. Because only one side has consistently displayed a willingness to get violent, right now, right here, despite the blatherings of the right about “Molon Labe,” and “From My Cold Dead Fingers,” etc…. Talk is cheap. It will be a number of blood baths, but 99% of the victims are NOT going to be the Leftist pseudo-Anarchists that are willing to *eff* shit up, already, without quality weapons at their disposal.

…..People have been talking smack since election night, about how now, the Left was going to go away, because POTUS wasn’t going to put up with their shenanigans. Well, he may not, but it’s going to take a lot more to stop them than people are ready to understand.

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/mosby-via-brackens-fb/
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

Once again, it is the Judges in this country who are our biggest problem. **nononono*

Nope.  This is precisely what judges were intended to be doing, and are supposed to be doing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Reagan wasn't a saint, either.

There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think—our country’s so innocent? - President Trump making America Great!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The media steers the nation politically.    The Entertainment media launches and reinforces memes,  and the News media censors or minimizes information detrimental to liberal policies,  and additionally makes up or hypes information detrimental to those who oppose liberal policies. 

The "media"  is the Air-force of the left,  and we have been trying to fight a war while we continue to allow these bastards to bomb and strafe us.   

I now recognize that a very important strategic necessity is to seize that weapon and then turn it's power back against them.   If we cannot seize it,  then we need to try and destroy it.   Either way,  we have to get the information distribution system back to a level playing field.   

There are all sorts of means of attacking this problem,  but first we must get the rest of our side aware of the scope of the problem,  and aware of the necessity of attacking it.   

Till we have sufficient manpower and money directed at the problem,  we will not get very far in neutralizing their propaganda system.

Here is some propaganda from 1950 from DC comics.

“Don’t believe those crackpot lies about people who worship differently, or whose skin is of a different color, or whose parents come from another country.  Remember our American heritage of freedom and equality!

Disgusting, but not as disgusting as this intervention/globalist "hero" who smacked Hitler in December of 1940

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Not sure on what you wish me to elaborate so I will simply point out something I realized a long time ago.   

The media steers the nation politically.    The Entertainment media launches and reinforces memes,  and the News media censors or minimizes information detrimental to liberal policies,  and additionally makes up or hypes information detrimental to those who oppose liberal policies. 

The "media"  is the Air-force of the left,  and we have been trying to fight a war while we continue to allow these bastards to bomb and strafe us.   

I now recognize that a very important strategic necessity is to seize that weapon and then turn it's power back against them.   If we cannot seize it,  then we need to try and destroy it.   Either way,  we have to get the information distribution system back to a level playing field.   

There are all sorts of means of attacking this problem,  but first we must get the rest of our side aware of the scope of the problem,  and aware of the necessity of attacking it.   

Till we have sufficient manpower and money directed at the problem,  we will not get very far in neutralizing their propaganda system.

That is a great analysis. My mind often returns to Neil Postman's
Amusing Ourselves to Death". Here we are at 0652 Sunday morning and Fox News is reporting SNL's skit from last night.

We recognize it for what it is which is, at best, trivialization and at worst, sabotage. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
It is, but they are less and less the drivers of news. How often do you see the MSM lead with "According to XXXX in a twitter post" or "Congresswoman XXXX's Facebook page reported that..."?

They arent what they used to be. But yes, they are indeed very much a problem.

It reminds me of junior high school when Molly would pass a note to Mary that said, "Sally said that your hair is greasy and you walk like a cow."

Offline kevindavis007

“Don’t believe those crackpot lies about people who worship differently, or whose skin is of a different color, or whose parents come from another country.  Remember our American heritage of freedom and equality!

Disgusting, but not as disgusting as this intervention/globalist "hero" who smacked Hitler in December of 1940

I'm surprised the first strip was published in the 50's..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good grief!!  This isn't a matter of being against race, religion, or color of skin.  This is about NOT letting people into this country who have vowed to kill us!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I cannot tell if this post is parody or straight up.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Immediate after war's end, Jack Benny was making PSA's on his radio shows to the same effect. Please make a point if you have one.

@Once-Ler

Offline skeeter

You may be interested in the following exchange between soldiers discussing that very thing:

“A blood bath “

Yep. Because only one side has consistently displayed a willingness to get violent, right now, right here, despite the blatherings of the right about “Molon Labe,” and “From My Cold Dead Fingers,” etc…. Talk is cheap. It will be a number of blood baths, but 99% of the victims are NOT going to be the Leftist pseudo-Anarchists that are willing to *eff* shit up, already, without quality weapons at their disposal.

…..People have been talking smack since election night, about how now, the Left was going to go away, because POTUS wasn’t going to put up with their shenanigans. Well, he may not, but it’s going to take a lot more to stop them than people are ready to understand.

At the risk of being mistaken for one of those champing at the bit for violent showdown (I don't - history provides enough examples of the horrors that result from civil violence to discourage any reasonable person from hoping for it) I'd suggest that the left seems so willing to resort to violence now  because the state does very little to discourage them, while on the other hand there are several contemporary examples to choose from of the states willingness to use deadly force on those who do not belong to one of their client groups. It's a matter of conditioning.

geronl

Yeah and we can flood the courts with judges we want now to make it t right. No need to tweet like a moron.

But if you make the judges you don't like illegitimate the other side will do the same and eventually it won't matter

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
But if you make the judges you don't like illegitimate the other side will do the same and eventually it won't matter

Trump is so far complying with the law in this matter. He can't change it IMO. He can try, he will destroy himself, us, and the nation in the process. Legally his one option is to appeal the order, all the way up to the USSC if necessary.

I think the law is on Trump's side, to be perfectly honest.

Any of his underlings that complied with a Trump order to disobey the judge would be setting themselves up for jail terms. Just read that 60 people from Nixon's cabinet did jail time.

Trump usually does try to make sure things are legal even if he won't publicly keep quiet about it.

Trump is a man with a lot to lose. If he resigns from the Presidency in disgrace like Nixon his real estate empire will no doubt come crumbling down with his Presidency and he'd be an utterly ruined man.

Trump is crazy, but I don't think he's that crazy. I hope I'm not wrong.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Trump is so far complying with the law in this matter. He can't change it IMO. He can try, he will destroy himself, us, and the nation in the process. Legally his one option is to appeal the order, all the way up to the USSC if necessary.

I think the law is on Trump's side, to be perfectly honest.

Any of his underlings that complied with a Trump order to disobey the judge would be setting themselves up for jail terms. Just read that 60 people from Nixon's cabinet did jail time.

Trump usually does try to make sure things are legal even if he won't publicly keep quiet about it.

Trump is a man with a lot to lose. If he resigns from the Presidency in disgrace like Nixon his real estate empire will no doubt come crumbling down with his Presidency and he'd be an utterly ruined man.

Trump is crazy, but I don't think he's that crazy. I hope I'm not wrong.

??? Who said anything about Trump trying to change the law?  He acted within his authority.   This country has absolutely nothing to gain (other than millions of people who want to destroy us) and everything to lose if Trump doesn't succeed. 

??? Who said anything about Trump resigning?  He hasn't done anything wrong to resign nor has he done anything wrong to be asked to step down.  He is trying to save this country and his presidency is just getting started!

You really need to stop with the Trump bashing and the liberal talking points; quite honestly its disgusting, counter productive and extremely unpatriotic.  Buying into the liberal mental midget mentality is dangerous to your mental health.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All he has to do is revoke this order and issue another but it is important to slap this judicial activism down HARD!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's a bad idea and strikes at the notion of America itself.

Shame on you.

No it doesn't.   The USA has no obligation to accept immigrants.   We did so in the past because it benefited out interests to do so,   but we no longer need immigrants,   and the rest of the world doesn't have a right to come here.   

Especially the third world gutters. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Nope.  This is precisely what judges were intended to be doing, and are supposed to be doing.

Judges are supposed to abuse their power and Lie?    I don't think so.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

“A blood bath “

I guess nobody remembers Timothy McVeigh anymore.    The Right was ramping up the potential for violence back in the 1990s,   but after that kook blew up that building,  it took the wind out of a lot of paramilitary movements.     The right decided that continuing to build in this direction was not politically advantageous,  and a lot of militias disbanded. 

I will point out that the right wing kooks were far more effective than were any of the left wing kooks over the years.    The left goes off a lot,  but the right is a lot more contemplative... and deadly.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Time to think up a new plan of attack since that Judge in Chicago shot down the injunction filed by the WH.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:25:14 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!