Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Supreme Court pick Neil Gorusch founded and led club called 'Fascism Forever' against liberal faculty at his elite all-boys DC prep school [UPDATE: Fake story]  (Read 1301 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Supreme Court pick Neil Gorusch founded and led club called 'Fascism Forever' against liberal faculty at his elite all-boys DC prep school

President Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy left by Antonin Scalia is Neil Gorsuch
    DailyMail.com reveals how Gorsuch set up  club called 'Fascism Forever' at his prep school outside D.C. in protest at staff's left-wing tendencies
    Gorsuch's club was revealed in high school yearbook which also featured him reading classic conservative text
    Father of two, 49, prayed with president and Scalia's son, a Catholic priest, before being named as nominee on Tuesday night

Georgetown Preparatory is one of the top all-boys prep schools in the United States. This archive shot shows Gorsuch (bottom row on the right) as part of a six-boy pyramid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4182852/Trump-s-SCOTUS-pick-founded-club-called-Fascism-Forever.html#ixzz4XY9Tp9z1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If something was really wrong with the club, I doubt if it would have made itself into the high school year book, harmless protesting. Could look bad.

Title edited by Mod2 to reflect that Daily Mail's story probably was bogus.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:27:40 am by Mod2 »

Offline bolobaby

Sounds like a joke. Unlike, say, Byrd's participation in the KKK.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Is that really all that David Brock's army of bottom feeders and pond scum skimmers can find?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Wow, and he still was confirmed by the U.S. Senate for his current judgeship? Golly, you'd think someone would have discovered this way back then!  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Were they praising fascism or were they mocking their professor's fascist leftist tendencies with that title? If true (big IF), I suspect the latter.

Offline mountaineer

((Yair Rosenberg))) ‏@Yair_Rosenberg 5m5 minutes ago
(((Yair Rosenberg))) Retweeted The Forward

This is silly. The club's name was clearly satirical, mocking how some liberals label all conservatives as fascists. Kinda like this story.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
If the media tries to give this legs, their utter vapidity will be undeniable. As if......

I predict they will leave  it alone; but I could be wrong.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If the media tries to give this legs, their utter vapidity will be undeniable. As if......

Too late!  :smokin:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline TomSea

Back in those days too; Reagan was just elected; perhaps it's a reflection on the political atmosphere too back then.  '80-'81 would seem to be the time of most of this.

Offline TomSea

This would have probably have come out at some point, in the hearings or whenever.

Offline skeeter

Back in those days too; Reagan was just elected; perhaps it's a reflection on the political atmosphere too back then.  '80-'81 would seem to be the time of most of this.

No, fascism meant just that back then too. Either they were being ironic, comedic or this is just flat bulls*t.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Sounds like more FAKE news to me. No proof of the allegation. Tabloid journalism at best.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline endicom

Hot Air
John Sexton
Feb. 2, 2017

Consider this your left-wing freakout of the day. It seems to have started with a story in the Daily Mail after someone there got hold of Gorsuch’s high school yearbook. The Mail took what was a joking bit of self-reference written by Gorsuch and turned it into a straight story:

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/02/despite-loads-of-media-coverage-neil-gorsuch-never-started-a-fascism-forever-club-in-high-school/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hot Air
John Sexton
Feb. 2, 2017

Consider this your left-wing freakout of the day. It seems to have started with a story in the Daily Mail after someone there got hold of Gorsuch’s high school yearbook. The Mail took what was a joking bit of self-reference written by Gorsuch and turned it into a straight story:

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/02/despite-loads-of-media-coverage-neil-gorsuch-never-started-a-fascism-forever-club-in-high-school/

In other words this entire thread was about Fake News!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

In other words this entire thread was about Fake News!

It gets the reaction the originator of the fake news wanted. Thankfully we have enough intelligent people here to call it Fake before it gets too far. But throw the same story on social media and you can get thousands of comments, shares, and verbal fights.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn