Author Topic: Washington Post Reporters Openly Defend Their Anti-Trump Bias  (Read 1128 times)

rangerrebew

Washington Post Reporters Openly Defend Their Anti-Trump Bias
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:47:50 pm »
Washington Post Reporters Openly Defend Their Anti-Trump Bias
spectator.org/washington-post-reporters-openly-defend-their-anti-trump-bias/
1/30/2017
The Spectacle Blog
Patrick HowleyJanuary 30, 2017, 4:13 pm

Washington Post reporters made clear their anti-Donald Trump bias in a little-noticed Twitter exchange Monday.

Post staff writer Joe Heim and reporter Dave Weigel openly admitted that they overlook the outrageous calls for anti-Trump violence coming from the Left, while continuing to flog progressive narratives and glorify protesters of the president.

“In today’s print edition of @washingtonpost, 10 full pages of impact on immigration ban. Please subscribe,” Heim tweeted, promoting his beleaguered newspaper, which is badly in need of subscribers. Heim provided a screenshot of the Post headline, “Trump stands by order as confusion, dissent swirl.”

https://spectator.org/washington-post-reporters-openly-defend-their-anti-trump-bias/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:48:50 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

Re: Washington Post Reporters Openly Defend Their Anti-Trump Bias
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »
Being critical of government and politicians should be everyone's default position.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:51:32 pm »
Being critical of government and politicians should be everyone's default position.
Perhaps the WashPost writers ever criticized Clinton, Obama or the Democrat leadership in Congress.

Or not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »

LOL. Oh yeah? Where was Bezos when Obama was President?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:52:24 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 02:54:41 pm »
Hey @geronl , I can see why you are circleing the wagons around your pals at WaPo. They totally agree with you....

IN THE gloom and ugliness of this political season, one encouraging truth is often overlooked: There is a well-qualified, well-prepared candidate on the ballot. Hillary Clinton has the potential to be an excellent president of the United States, and we endorse her without hesitation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hillary-clinton-for-president/2016/10/12/665f9698-8caf-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?utm_term=.9c7141ea59f2

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 03:00:27 pm »

Only when they are acting improperly my friend! And they should be praised when they act properly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 04:34:32 pm »
I had always admired Sarah Palin because I felt she was the living embodiment of the Women's Movement of the 1960's.  Working her way through the Old Boy Network she went from mother to city council all the way through to governor.  Then the press started to attack her like I've never seen anyone attacked nationally in my whole life. 

So I changed by position on Sarah Palin in response.  I changed from simply admiring her hard work and determination to becoming one of her biggest supporters.  You so much as look at her the wrong way and you'll get a big dose of Hondo you don't ever want to get.

-------

I've always been lukewarm on the Trumpster.  But the all out scorched earth policy of the Left has caused me to change my position here too - this time about the media.  Prior to Trump I criticized the media on a regular basis for being a one-sided corrosive element of the national propaganda machine.  It's much worse than that.  They have become an evil force in our society that aims for all out war.  That is now abundantly clear, especially for those of us who study history and learn its many lessons.  The history books tell us we've seen this all before.

We may not be able to stop the coming war they want so badly but we can try.  Where I used to do my best to keep politics out of conversations with friends and neighbors I now advise them to pay close attention.  If there is a single hallmark of Fascism it is the full force attack on free speech.  There can be no mistaking that Fascism is alive and well in America and there is no place for Fascism in our country.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 05:17:02 pm »
I had always admired Sarah Palin because I felt she was the living embodiment of the Women's Movement of the 1960's.  Working her way through the Old Boy Network she went from mother to city council all the way through to governor.  Then the press started to attack her like I've never seen anyone attacked nationally in my whole life. 

So I changed by position on Sarah Palin in response.  I changed from simply admiring her hard work and determination to becoming one of her biggest supporters.  You so much as look at her the wrong way and you'll get a big dose of Hondo you don't ever want to get.

-------

I've always been lukewarm on the Trumpster.  But the all out scorched earth policy of the Left has caused me to change my position here too - this time about the media.  Prior to Trump I criticized the media on a regular basis for being a one-sided corrosive element of the national propaganda machine.  It's much worse than that.  They have become an evil force in our society that aims for all out war.  That is now abundantly clear, especially for those of us who study history and learn its many lessons.  The history books tell us we've seen this all before.

We may not be able to stop the coming war they want so badly but we can try.  Where I used to do my best to keep politics out of conversations with friends and neighbors I now advise them to pay close attention.  If there is a single hallmark of Fascism it is the full force attack on free speech.  There can be no mistaking that Fascism is alive and well in America and there is no place for Fascism in our country.

IMHO the American media has, for the most part, become nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat, AKA Communist, party!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 05:25:14 pm »
Maybe I'm just slow or something, but I've read that article about 4 times and cannot see what the headline says is there.  I'm not disputing the bias of the media.  But I just don't see the riveting exchange the writer claims is there.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 05:31:47 pm »
Only when they are acting improperly my friend! And they should be praised when they act properly!

James Madison thought it unwise to trust your freedom to someone else and that people should always be distrustful of politicians.  The caveat now is that you shouldn't trust your freedom to the MSM, either.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 05:34:22 pm »
James Madison thought it unwise to trust your freedom to someone else and that people should always be distrustful of politicians.  The caveat now is that you shouldn't trust your freedom to the MSM, either.

I find nothing to disagree with there!  "Eternal Vigilance is the price of Liberty!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
And Fox...Rush....Jim Hoft...(insert "Conservative" news outlet here) is blatantly biased towards Trump...so it's a wash.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 08:25:51 pm »
Hey @geronl , I can see why you are circleing the wagons around your pals at WaPo. They totally agree with you....

Nowhere in my post did I defend the Washington Post. Lay off the Alt.Truth whiskey. All Snowflakes do is try to twist everything into some kind of pretzel.