Author Topic: DNC Expels Chairman Candidate From Race for ‘Disgusting’ Criticism of Islam  (Read 13540 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
DNC Expels Chairman Candidate From Race for ‘Disgusting’ Criticism of Islam

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/01/dnc-chairman-candidate-expelled-race-criticising-islam/

The Democratic National Committee expelled a candidate for the committee’s chairmanship on Tuesday after he said he didn’t believe his rival should become the party’s leader because of his Muslim faith.

Vincent Tolliver, who previously ran an unsuccessful campaign for Congress in Arkansas, told The Hill in an email he didn’t believe his rival Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn) should become chairman because of his Islamic faith, citing the religion’s positions on homosexuality.

“His being a Muslim is precisely why DNC voters should not vote for him. Muslims discriminate against gays. Islamic law is clear on the subject, and being gay is a direct violation of it. In some Muslim countries, being gay is a crime punishable by death,” Tolliver wrote.

“Clearly, Mr. Ellison is not the person to lead the DNC or any other organization committed to not discriminating based on gender identity or sexual orientation. I’m shocked [the Human Rights Campaign] has been silent on the issue. A vote for Representative Ellison by any member of the DNC would be divisive and unconscionable, not to mention counterproductive to the immediate and necessary steps of rebuilding the Democratic Party,” he continued.

Having participated in a forum for potential DNC Chair candidates on Saturday, Tolliver has now been expelled from the race by interim chair Donna Brazile, who described his comments as “disgusting.”

“The Democratic Party welcomes all Americans from all backgrounds. What we do not welcome is people discriminating against others based on who they are or how they worship,” Brazile told The Hill.

snip

Offline Norm Lenhart

Dems now publicly and openly place Muslims above homosexuals in the pecking order? Sounds to me like this is gonna cause a bigger schizm than it has already. And it's a damn shame really. So sad...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Dems now publicly and openly place Muslims above homosexuals in the pecking order? Sounds to me like this is gonna cause a bigger schizm than it has already. And it's a damn shame really. So sad...

8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

Offline Norm Lenhart

8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby

I'm all broke up about it. Really...Just devastated.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What's offensive about Tolliver's comment is that he assumed Ellison is not qualified to serve because of his religion, not because of Ellison's personal views or positions with respect to gay rights.   

Sorta like proclaiming that Kennedy wasn't qualified for President because he was Catholic and would take orders from the Pope.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

Hilarious. The Rat party is splintering into a pile of toothpicks.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What's offensive about Tolliver's comment is that he assumed Ellison is not qualified to serve because of his religion, not because of Ellison's personal views or positions with respect to gay rights.   

Sorta like proclaiming that Kennedy wasn't qualified for President because he was Catholic and would take orders from the Pope.

He's not qualified to serve because he's a Muslim. Sharia and the Constitution are mutually exclusive.

Offline Night Hides Not

Hilarious. The Rat party is splintering into a pile of toothpicks.

:2popcorn:   :eatdrink:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

Its a good thing they're winnowing out the bigots.

BTW is the lady who said her job would be to tell white people to 'shut up and sit down' still in the running?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:31:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Baloney. Do you truly believe what you posted or is all you are about is trolling?

Wingnut

I used to think you were a moron.  I was wrong. 

You are a Liberal.

And to call you a moron would be an insult to other morons.

Offline bolobaby

“The Democratic Party welcomes all Americans from all backgrounds. What we do not welcome is people discriminating against others based on who they are or how they worship,” Brazile told The Hill.

Unless, of course, you are part of that basket of deplorables who believe in Christ and the sanctity of life. Then screw you, you bible-clinger.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I used to think you were a moron.  I was wrong. 

You are a Liberal.

And to call you a moron would be an insult to other morons.

What the hell?  What was "liberal" about what I said?    Ellison may well be a bigoted against gays, but why is it  "liberal" to ask that such bigotry be demonstrated by what he's actually said or done, rather than assuming he's bigoted because of the religion he practices? 

What if a similar accusation were to be made against an individual because he's Christian?  If I were to question such accusation, would you still claim I'm a "liberal"?   

Wingnut

What the hell?  What was "liberal" about what I said?    Ellison may well be a bigoted against gays, but why is it  "liberal" to ask that such bigotry be demonstrated by what he's actually said or done, rather than assuming he's bigoted because of the religion he practices? 

What if a similar accusation were to be made against an individual because he's Christian?  If I were to question such accusation, would you still claim I'm a "liberal"?

No, You are a whiney abortion loving Liberal.  The worst kind.

Offline beandog

He's not qualified to serve because he's a Muslim. Sharia and the Constitution are mutually exclusive.
I would have to agree. 888high58888

Offline Norm Lenhart

If you ever read the Koran, you'd know.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/02/dnc-boots-candidate-from-chairmanship-race-for-criticizing-islamic-laws-discrimination-against-gays

February 1, 2017 4:17 pm By Robert Spencer 8 Comments

Tolliver should have known from the outset that this would happen. It has long been established that in the hierarchy of politically correct causes, Islam trumps homosexuality. When AFDI ran ads highlighting the mistreatment of gays in Islamic law, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors issued a resolution condemning not that mistreatment, but our ads. Gay advocates such as Theresa Sparks and Chris Stedman attacked us for daring to call attention to the institutionalized mistreatment of gays under Islamic law.

Tolliver said of Ellison: “His being a Muslim is precisely why DNC voters should not vote for him. Muslims discriminate against gays. Islamic law is clear on the subject, and being gay is a direct violation of it. In some Muslim countries, being gay is a crime punishable by death.”

That is quite correct. But in response, instead of challenging Tolliver on the facts, which they couldn’t do in any case, the Democrats rallied around Ellison. Said interim Chairwoman Donna Brazile: “The Democratic Party welcomes all Americans from all backgrounds. What we do not welcome is people discriminating against others based on who they are or how they worship.”

So noting correctly that Islam discriminates against and persecutes gays is now “discriminating against others based on who they are or how they worship,” at least according to Donna Brazile (and, no doubt, many other enlightened Leftists). And Ellison’s spokesman, Brett Morrow, declared that it was “disappointing that a fellow DNC candidate would fan the flames of intolerance.” He didn’t say anything about Sharia states fanning the flames of intolerance against gays.

Offline DiogenesLamp

DNC Expels Chairman Candidate From Race for ‘Disgusting’ Criticism of Islam

Well,  this would seem to answer a question a lot of us have been wondering.  In the calculus of   grievance politics,   would "gayness"  or Islam win?   

The answer would appear to be that Islam beats "gayness". 

Good to know. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline beandog

Let me know when a majority Christian country starts murdering off homos like they do in Muslim countries. **nononono*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yep.  That argument, islam = Christianity, is based out of ignorance. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Let me know when a majority Christian country starts murdering off homos like they do in Muslim countries. **nononono*

Ellison is an American, and his practice of his religion shouldn't be prejudged by what goes on in certain Muslim countries.  To conclude that Ellison, merely because he is an American Muslim, supports "murdering off homos" is, well, textbook bigotry.   That's what Tolliver engaged in, and why the DNC called him on it.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ellison is an American, and his practice of his religion shouldn't be prejudged by what goes on in certain Muslim countries.  To conclude that Ellison, merely because he is an American Muslim, supports "murdering off homos" is, well, textbook bigotry.   That's what Tolliver engaged in, and why the DNC called him on it.

No, it's not.  It's a component of the faith that he professes to believe in.  A faith that is, well...textbook bigotry.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:21:51 pm by Sanguine »

Offline MOD3

@Wingnut

Knock it off right now!  If those comments aren't personal attacks, then I don't know what that means! 

Geez....

M3

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

That's no excuse for bigotry.   An American should be judged on his beliefs and actions, not the religion he practices.   I have no idea what Ellison's views are regarding homosexuals.  But I refuse to infer that he hates gays merely because he's Muslim (or Christian, for that matter). 

Wingnut

Hopefully he will be elected your parties chairperson at the DNC.