Author Topic: McConnell fumes over Dem boycott  (Read 966 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell fumes over Dem boycott
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:29 pm »
McConnell fumes over Dem boycott
By Alexander Bolton - 01/31/17 02:47 PM EST

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday lashed out at Senate Democrats for delaying efforts to fill President Trump's Cabinet, accusing them of causing “chaos.”

McConnell said Democrats were unfairly obstructing Trump by boycotting committee votes on Treasury Secretary nominee Steven Mnuchin and Health and Human Services Secretary nominee Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.), and filibustering Sen. Jeff Sessions's (R-Ala.) nomination to serve as attorney general.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/317154-mcconnell-fumes-over-dem-boycott
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McConnell fumes over Dem boycott
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »
Is this possible with Cabinet appointees?

Adjourn the Senate and let Trump make recess appointments??
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:36:52 pm »

Better yet, just use his simple majority to change the Senate rules.  He can do that, but won't.  His only has himself and the Dimwits to blame.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:37:53 pm »

That would be my next action and I'd do it every time I had to for the rest of the term if needed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

I had wondered about that.

The point being that McConnell has some options.  I hope he doesn't chose the "roll over and play dead" one.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:59:41 pm »
I had wondered about that.

The point being that McConnell has some options.  I hope he doesn't chose the "roll over and play dead" one.
I\

I will be thrilled to see the day when Turtle finds his spine. Then again I think Time travel will become a thing before that and I'll have another shot at a pre-psycho Tawney Kitaen in 1987.

Offline beandog

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:14 pm »
Why dosen't he quit fuming about it, which doesn't help at all, and actually do something about it.   22222frying pan

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 09:03:45 pm »
I\

I will be thrilled to see the day when Turtle finds his spine. Then again I think Time travel will become a thing before that and I'll have another shot at a pre-psycho Tawney Kitaen in 1987.

Where is a Hot Tub Time Machine you you need one?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 09:04:46 pm »
Why dosen't he quit fuming about it, which doesn't help at all, and actually do something about it.   22222frying pan

Because he is only fuming for the cameras. His record shows him to be the best friend the Dems have in the GOP now that Bhoner is tanning elsewhere.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »
Where is a Hot Tub Time Machine you you need one?

It is wholly unfair that I am temporally prevented from achieving my goal in life. Does that qualify me as an O-pressed people?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:08:03 pm »
Because he is only fuming for the cameras. His record shows him to be the best friend the Dems have in the GOP now that Bhoner is tanning elsewhere.

:beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.