Author Topic: DeBlasio: Yes, we shield undocumented drunk drivers from immigration enforcement  (Read 666 times)

rangerrebew

DeBlasio: Yes, we shield undocumented drunk drivers from immigration enforcement
posted at 9:51 pm on January 30, 2017 by Ed Morrissey

Share on Facebook
    286 SHARES

As Joe Concha tweeted last night, Bill DeBlasio appeared on CNN with Jake Tapper to kiss any aspirations for national office goodbye. DeBlasio defended the Big Apple’s status as a “sanctuary city,” but claimed they will cooperate with the feds on immigration enforcement when it comes to violent crimes by suspects illegally in the US.

“If you’re a drunk driver and you’re an undocumented immigrant, why should there be a place for you in this country?” Tapper asked.

“Jake, there are 170 offenses in that law that are listed as serious and violent crimes that lead to automatic cooperation between the city of New York and our federal partners,” DeBlasio replied. “So any serious and violent crime, we’re going to work with them.”

“Is grand larceny or drunk driving a very minor offense?” Tapper followed.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/30/deblasio-yes-well-shield-undocumented-drunk-drivers-from-immigration-enforcement/
    “Drunk driving that does not lead to any other negative outcome, I could define as that,” DeBlasio said.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:16:30 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I read today MADD is on to this and not at all pleased.  My question is do Americans get the same protections?  My guess is no.  But liberals are always telling conservatives responses have to be in kind so this violates there "belief."