Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America to begin accepting transgender boys  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Boy Scouts of America to begin accepting transgender boys
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »
Man, show up for medical service with those child hood war wounds today and many of us would be removed from our homes and our parents investigated for child abuse by the local office of Child Protective Services!

No kidding. I have a scar where I bit through my lower lip, One on my back from sliding down some rust machinery, one over my eye from sledding into a barbed wire fence. My sisters are the same way.

Talking to a girl I knew from childhood yesterday about the time we got in a scrap and I threw a stick at her when she was riding away on her bike. The stick bounced once and went into the forks on her bike and put her down hard. Another time her brother and I were throwing rocks out on the thin ice of the lake. I bent down to pick up a rock and stood up in front of him just as he let loose with an old railroad spike he found. It wanged my in the jaw and loosened 2 of my teeth.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 04:23:00 pm »
She sounds a lot like me - a rebel and an adventurer!  I had 7 broken bones as a child, numerous stitches, and innumerable bruises wounds that only required butterfly bandages.   (I also beat up bullies on the playground ^-^ )

I still have a reflex reaction against being told what to do.  I would have been a very bad soldier!

@goatprairie
Scars are a sign of a well spent childhood...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 04:48:34 pm »
I still don't know how I survived to adulthood. But I loved every minute of the time spent getting there!

Oh, me too! Besides, the injuries I sustained in play make such great stories now when retold!

My kids think I'm awesome!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:10 pm »
@Bigun @musiclady

We were the original "Free Range" children!

LOL!  And loved every minute of it.

That's why we're such awesome adults today.  :dx1:

@Bigun @Wingnut @goatprairie @SZonian

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:44 pm »
I can't either, but I hope they don't grow up to be plumbers. If they can't get the basics right, I don't think that would turn out well.
You just can't screw two female fittings together... :smokin:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 05:05:50 pm »
Scars are a sign of a well spent childhood...

If that is true, I must have done one hell of a job!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 06:14:36 pm »
If that is true, I must have done one hell of a job!
We were PROs!
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Wingnut

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:33 pm »
We were PROs!

Man I don't know where the time goes
But it sure goes fast, just like that
We were wannabe rebels that didn't have a clue
We were brave, we were crazy, we were mostly
Young,

-Kenny Chesney
 :amen:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 06:44:14 pm »
Agree wholeheartedly!  I have several broken bones from roughhousing as kids.  I've inflicted several scars myself.  My cousin and were fishing in a small aluminum boat with lures.  I ended up hooking him right in his earlobe.  Of course this was a time before men wore earrings...lol.  Guess he was before his time...lol.   He never quite got the humor of this, when we had to get the wire cutters to remove it.

That reminds me of a time when I was jumping out of a tree and the friendship ring I was wearing caught on a nail in the tree and I was suspended in mid-air from my finger.

I finally got myself loose and ran home.  The skin on my finger had been pulled up to my knuckle and my Dad had to saw the ring off with a hacksaw.

Ah yes, those were the days!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 06:53:51 pm »
I finally got myself loose and ran home.  The skin on my finger had been pulled up to my knuckle and my Dad had to saw the ring off with a hacksaw.
At least he didn't saw off your finger with a hacksaw. Whew!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
At least he didn't saw off your finger with a hacksaw. Whew!

I wasn't too happy about the whole situation, but I guess I knew he did dental surgery (he was one of those old-fashioned dentists who did everything), so I must have trusted him.

There's just an itty bitty vertical scar on that finger to remind me of my trauma.

I remember that I yelled to my younger sister as I was running home from the woods that the skin on my finger came off, and she thought I said that my finger came off.

It was quite an adventure.  ^-^

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2017, 08:04:56 pm »
Guess we better learn to get used to this sort of thing.

Trump To Keep Obama Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Protections In Place

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,246959.msg1211446.html#msg1211446
Imbecile posting that has nothing to do with BSA.

Your agenda is so destructive on so many levels.

Go mature somewhere else.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »

Well...THAT was an adult response.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2017, 08:19:56 pm »

The fact that the President is pro-LGBTQRTSUVWXYZ is very much a related issue

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29:45 pm »

It certainly is.

And it's one of the reason that some of us couldn't bring ourselves to vote for him.

I'm guessing that he'd be on the side of the Boy Scouts on this one.

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2017, 08:38:15 pm »
Well...THAT was an adult response.
Nothing he said has anything to do with BSA.

Are you going back to your childhood or trying to do your own thing?

Keep on topic, as editorializing is not your strong suit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »
It certainly is.

And it's one of the reason that some of us couldn't bring ourselves to vote for him.

I'm guessing that he'd be on the side of the Boy Scouts on this one.
Talking about BSA has nothing to do with an agenda-driven idiocy.  Tiring as it is, you are being very repetitive in complaining on subjects that have nothing to do with this.

The BSA trashed themselves a long time ago.

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:06 pm »
The BSA became what they are long before Jan 20 2017.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2017, 08:50:30 pm »
Talking about BSA has nothing to do with an agenda-driven idiocy.  Tiring as it is, you are being very repetitive in complaining on subjects that have nothing to do with this.

The BSA trashed themselves a long time ago.

I am aware of that fact, your snarky condescension notwithstanding, and nothing I've said here deserves your scorn.

I was on this thread with comments about the subject for quite a while.  You came on to attack someone else who merely noted the fact that Trump approves of the LGBQT agenda. (I hadn't mentioned it).

The only one out of line here is you.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2017, 09:14:13 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2017, 01:01:21 pm »
The Boy Scouts Should Have Watched The Circus Before Admitting Transgender Girls
This week the Boy Scouts finally bent completely to left-wing activists, announcing girls who identify as ‘transgender boys’ will be accepted among their troops.
By Bethany Mandel
February 2, 2017
This week the Boy Scouts finally bent completely to left-wing activists, announcing girls who identify as “transgender boys” will be accepted among their troops. The announcement comes after months of pressure after a biological girl attempted to join her local Boy Scout troop in my home state of New Jersey.

In response to the decision, Fox News’ Todd Starnes wrote what many conservative parents were already thinking: “The time has come for every church and every parent in America to sever ties with the Boy Scouts. ‘This is Exhibit A of the insatiable demands of those pushing this sexual anarchy,’ Family Research Council president Tony Perkins told me. The policy change takes effect immediately and has parents asking some very pointed questions: will transgender children will be able to share tents and bathrooms in the Great Outdoors with heterosexual boys?”

It’s too early to say how the decision will affect the Boy Scouts’ future, although the situation brought to mind another piece of Americana, the circus, and how its decision to surrender to outspoken left-wing activists proved to be its undoing.  ...

When the Boy Scouts decided to allow anatomically female scouts into its troops and teach its members that, despite biology, these young girls are in fact boys, they may have sealed their fate alongside Ringling Brothers.   ...
Read entire essay at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2017, 02:25:12 pm »
The Boy Scouts Should Have Watched The Circus Before Admitting Transgender Girls
This week the Boy Scouts finally bent completely to left-wing activists, announcing girls who identify as ‘transgender boys’ will be accepted among their troops.
By Bethany Mandel
February 2, 2017Read entire essay at The Federalist

I'm hoping MY Church leaders will FINALLY see the light!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2017, 02:34:24 pm »
By Bethany Mandel
February 2, 2017Read entire essay at The Federalist

IMHO with this move by the Scouts…we are probably a generation away from our kids and grandkids asking us "What were the Boy Scouts?"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2017, 02:34:32 pm »
I'm hoping MY Church leaders will FINALLY see the light!

I hope every Church does!

Wingnut

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:57 pm »
IMHO with this move by the Scouts…we are probably a generation away from our kids and grandkids asking us "What were the Boy Scouts?"

Answer

A subversive group out of touch with mainstream progressive thought ....