Author Topic: YOU'RE FIRED!  (Read 3354 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: YOU'RE FIRED!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2017, 04:34:34 am »
Indeed!

And from Sun Tzu...."If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him." ..... gonna be a long time for the choleric left...he he he. I wonder if even they can keep up the outrage.  :smokin:

888high58888 888high58888

LOL!  I suspect that the tempest will increase 10 fold around 8pm Eastern tomorrow! But what do I know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 04:48:30 am »
Firing this Commie broad? Trump is awesome! I have been more entertained while he has been President for a week than any other President in my lifetime. Now a happy dance for a fired Rat......

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 10:44:55 am »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico,  and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   

He should can the sideshows and manufactured chaos and work hard with the Congress to enact tax reform that will get the economy humming  again.  Effect regulatory relief,  and a workable replacement for the ACA.  An eye single on JOBS.  THAT's what he should be fighting for, in areas where he can get cover and alliance with Congress. 

Instead he imposes a immigration ban so quickly he hasn't worked out the most basic details and hasn't even consulted with GOP leadership.   He improvises,  without coordinating with his natural allies.

In a word, he's reckless, and many of us don't like reckless.  Leadership doesn't mean reckless.

Trump's not ready for prime time, folks.   He's making enemies he doesn't have to,  taking risks he doesn't need to.  He's sowing chaos for its own sake.     

This is going to end badly.

Reckless?  Reckless is the leadership that we've had in the Senate and the leadership in the House hasn't been that much better, even post Boehner. IMHO Trump is acting decisively and quickly for a reason; a history of obstructionism from leadership.

Taking risks?  I see that continuing to allow our borders to remain open and allowing migration from areas of known terrorists a major risk and an imminent threat.

Enemies?  The biggest enemies we have right now is within our own government; failed leadership in a Senate filled with RINO's.  As an immediate example, approval of Sessions and others shouldn't have been placed on 'hold'.

Ending badly?  If Congress (with a 'supposed' conservative majority) doesn't get behind Trump, it may very well end badly.

An eye single on JOBS?  IF we don't get the safety and security of this country under control, we're not going to have to worry about jobs; we'll be worrying about fighting in our own backyards.

Either one is for the safety of American citizens and the sovereignty of this country or you're not.  IMHO, that's it in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:48:16 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 01:25:27 pm »

Either one is for the safety of American citizens and the sovereignty of this country or you're not.  IMHO, that's it in a nutshell.

C'mon, LB, you know it's not that simple.    The EO was not only sprung on the nation without warning,  it was a surprise even to those tasked to implement it.  John Kelly, the new head of Homeland Security was, according to the WSJ,  not informed of the details of the order until the morning of the announcement,  before Kelly had even had the chance to get a second-in-command in place. 

GOP leaders in Congress weren't informed of the order in advance,  and of course neither was the acting AG.  How to deal with those already approved for arrival and in transit was apparently cooked up on the fly,  and a lot of good folks were put through the wringer for no reason.   Collateral damage to innocent people - and completely unnecessary.   

That's reckless behavior,  and the chaos that ensued was entirely predictable.  Maybe Trump doesn't give a damn about the collateral damage to travelers,  but his long-term ability to govern is among the casualties.   Recklessness also marks the completely unnecessary fight Trump picked with Mexico.  We may well need to improve security at the border, but I am sick of Trump's conceit that we must force the Mexicans to pay for it (by tariffs that will, of course, be passed on to American consumers).   

This is going to end badly because Trump is taking risks he doesn't need to, and making enemies he doesn't have to.   The Koch brothers condemned Trump's immigration ban yesterday,  labeling it "misguided" and "the wrong approach [that] will likely be counterproductive".    Sober analysts have noted that the ban plays into the hands of ISIS,  by reinforcing the narrative that our enemy is Islam itself.    Whatever the merits of the idea itself, the implementation has been a disaster,  giving a Trump a wound that won't soon, if ever, heal.

I had an interesting conversation with a liberal friend on the train this morning.   He's convinced that Trump's base of toothless hicks is lapping all this chaos up,  and will reward him with a second term.   I'm becoming just as convinced that his recklessness will lose him the White House within a year or two.   We are each, from our differing perspectives, fearing the worst.

It doesn't have to be this way.   There's still a narrow window of opportunity to get this Administration off on the right path,  by prioritizing JOBS and the tax and regulatory reforms for which he can gain allies in Congress - and quickly improve the lives of working Americans.   That's where his mandate lies,  not in picking fights and sowing chaos for its own sake.    But I fear that Trump is Trump,  an impulsive improvisor with his finger on the button.     
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:31:07 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 02:03:35 pm »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico,  and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   

He should can the sideshows and manufactured chaos and work hard with the Congress to enact tax reform that will get the economy humming  again.  Effect regulatory relief,  and a workable replacement for the ACA.  An eye single on JOBS.  THAT's what he should be fighting for, in areas where he can get cover and alliance with Congress. 

Instead he imposes a immigration ban so quickly he hasn't worked out the most basic details and hasn't even consulted with GOP leadership.   He improvises,  without coordinating with his natural allies.

In a word, he's reckless, and many of us don't like reckless.  Leadership doesn't mean reckless.

Trump's not ready for prime time, folks.   He's making enemies he doesn't have to,  taking risks he doesn't need to.  He's sowing chaos for its own sake.     

This is going to end badly.

Unfortunately, the bolded part is one key reason for his support.  We've got a lot of nihilists on the right that, after Obama, just want to destroy.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:05:52 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 02:30:37 pm »
Unfortunately, the bolded part is one key reason for his support.  We've got a lot of nihilists on the right that, after Obama, just want to destroy.

I agree.  And that nihilism must be deeply disturbing to those good public servants that Trump has recruited.  I mentioned John Kelly in my post above.  But this morning's New York Post reported:

-  "The Associated Press reported that Secretary of Defense James Mattis was aware of the general concept of the order but 'incensed' when he leaned of the details."

-   "Secretary of State-designate Rex Tillerson told Trump's advisors that he was 'baffled' as to why he had not been consulted on the substance of the order."

We've mostly praised Trump's Cabinet picks and for good reason.  But can they - or anybody else other than bomb-throwers like Bannon - work with the man?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide